Queston about star wars celebration

Darth-Gorog

Anyone got any idea if the swtor fellas will have any sort of presence at celebration this year, even if only a minor one? Been having a bit of a look for any info but I guess I haven't looked hard enough. Would be the first time I have ever been in a position where I could attend any such event and figured it would be kinda neat if they were there.

• Dev Post

We are still finalizing exact details but it is very likely we will be at Celebration. Currently it looks to be off-site, such as a Cantina and not a show floor presence.

We are looking to announce more specifics in the next week or two!

-eric

Edited by TaitWatson

I do not understand this. How in the world do you not get a booth? You did not have a booth at Anaheim either. Again how is this possible??? You are the premier Star Wars game. You are EA the worlds largest game maker. You are the exclusive star wars license for video games.

How are you suppose to advertise and show off your stuff to the general public? Do you all not care about marketing?

You all do know that hasbro, lego, delrey, marvel comics, and dozens of other exclusive license holders will be their to advertise their stuff. Do you really think lego needs to advertise? Or how about hasbro? Oh and marvel really really needs to advertise star wars comics, right? The answers to these questions is no they do not.

But this game is declining. Subs are at an all time low. I am on harbinger and how the hell do i not get an instant pop any time of the day with uprisings or tactical fp? How is there not 3 other people not qued up at any time on the whole server? Because the game is at a decline. People are not playing. Jung Ma and Bastion which I have characters on that I have left to keep my legacy are completely dead, completely.

You all need the most advertisement, not the least. But its obvious that you all really have just abandoned the game and will release just enough to keep the "soon" crowed that hangs on to their hope. I mean you all cannnot even get an op made once a year when you all have all the tools and editors in place to make them. And now you said it will take a full year slowly released in pieces to make a new op. We all can do better for free. I know I see the fallout 4 mods and the skyrim mods.

You all do know that hasbro, lego, delrey, marvel comics, and dozens of other exclusive license holders will be their to advertise their stuff. Do you really think lego needs to advertise? Or how about hasbro? Oh and marvel really really needs to advertise star wars comics, right? The answers to these questions is no they do not.

But this game is declining. Subs are at an all time low. I am on harbinger and how the hell do i not get an instant pop any time of the day with uprisings or tactical fp? How is there not 3 other people not qued up at any time on the whole server? Because the game is at a decline. People are not playing. Jung Ma and Bastion which I have characters on that I have left to keep my legacy are completely dead, completely.

Proof?

What would they show in a booth?

"Hey come and look at our 3 year old ops everyone!"

By April 13-16 they probably will have the first boss of the new operation on Live, and the daily area, with the next boss on PTS.

They can show how "exciting" it is to open command crates. :p

Joking aside, the game has a lot to offer a new player, even returning players, but its a shame that EA won't allow them to have a presence. I am sure EA will have a section, as the exclusive game publisher for Lucasfilm. I can't see how it would hurt the game one bit to have a presence in the exhibit hall, but perhaps its just too much cost without benefit.

We are still finalizing exact details but it is very likely we will be at Celebration. Currently it looks to be off-site, such as a Cantina and not a show floor presence.

We are looking to announce more specifics in the next week or two!

-eric

Looking forward to more info as I plan on coinciding my Revan cosplay with whichever day the cantina falls on.

I do not understand this. How in the world do you not get a booth? You did not have a booth at Anaheim either. Again how is this possible??? You are the premier Star Wars game. You are EA the worlds largest game maker. You are the exclusive star wars license for video games.

How are you suppose to advertise and show off your stuff to the general public? Do you all not care about marketing?

You all need the most advertisement, not the least. But its obvious that you all really have just abandoned the game and will release just enough to keep the "soon" crowed that hangs on to their hope. I mean you all cannnot even get an op made once a year when you all have all the tools and editors in place to make them. And now you said it will take a full year slowly released in pieces to make a new op. We all can do better for free. I know I see the fallout 4 mods and the skyrim mods.

He wont respond to that, either he cant, not willing to or if will it will be so illusive anwser that after seeing it you will want to forget about it.

I've been to each of the Celebrations here in the U.S. since the first one in Orlando. The only time this game had a real "presence" was at the first one before it launched. They had two panels dealing with the story/artwork for the game. It was pretty cool.

After the game launched, at the next one, they had a couple demo computer stations set up where you could run around on Hutta / Tython on a dummy account with dummy toons, just to "play" the game.

Anaheim was a cantina event., nothing on site at all.

This one, yeah, probably a cantina event.

I agree that there SHOULD be an official on site event/panel of some sort. I don't expect one, but I'd love to be surprised and find out there will be one.

On a side note, they still haven't announced the majority of the guests/stars who will be there, OR the panels, or pretty much anything at all except for one or two specific people who will be there signing autographs. It's only about 5 weeks away.

Edited by Darevsool