Sith Sorceror and Shock

Zantul

Any sorcerors using this ability in pvp and it helping them? I just dont have it on my bar but interrupting a smiggler in the middle of his TRICKs seems like a MARVELOUS thing.

Have you used it in pvp succesfully?

Not? Why?

I simply have it as a rotation filler. I think it sucks personally BUT I have seen it crit for 1500 or so. It seems to hardly ever stun players though if at all.

Shock? Filler? Sucks? You mean the Shock that is instant cast on the move nuke which talented has a 45% to insta shock for additional 50% dmg? One of you don't have it on the bars? And the other says it sucks? Oh, wow... /facepalm Edited by Drakaris

Shock? Filler? Sucks? You mean the Shock that is instant cast on the move nuke which talented has a 45% to insta shock for additional 50% dmg? One of you don't have it on the bars? And the other says it sucks? Oh, wow... /facepalm

I was thinking the same thing...

who cares if it stuns players, Its an instant cast...

DOT DOT, RUN AWAY instant cast, force lightning, instant cast run away....

Stay mobile and its one of your key abilities. As a madness build sorc its a god send. As a healer its great for tossing in some extra damage.

For PVE i can see this being worthless.

Electrocute then that darkness dot then that green ability dot then chain lightning shield the lightning buff then force lightning and shock and force lightning, rinse and repeat. Basically if you stack the 3 DoTs of players at first their health falls very fast. Chain lightning being the other DoT.

Shock does not stun players.

"Shocks the target for 3558 - 4424 energy damage. Standard and weak targets are additionally stunned for 3 seconds."

I assume that a "target" refers to anything that qualifies as a "target". In my experience, it hardly ever procs.

"Shocks the target for 3558 - 4424 energy damage. Standard and weak targets are additionally stunned for 3 seconds."

I assume that a "target" refers to anything that qualifies as a "target". In my experience, it hardly ever procs.

Players are not standard or weak targets. Therefore they will not be stunned by any ability that affects standard or weak targets.

You should probably assume less, and research more.

You should probably assume less, and research more.

Players are not standard or weak targets. Therefore they will not be stunned by any ability that affects standard or weak targets.

Well actually I know alot of people that believed what the spell description says. A "target" is a target, player or otherwise. Perhaps the description should be tweaked. Even another player in this thread referred to it as an interrupt. As far as me needing to research more, I'm not sure how much research you think needs to be done to play a game without getting to much into small details. Most people take descriptions at face value and realistically shouldn't have to do extra "research" to understand what the "real" meaning of the description is. "Standard" or "weak" targets could refer to players that are the same lvl or lower than the caster, it in no way differentiates between npc or actual player. But I applaud your attempt to "pwn a noob". Dont you feel like a bigger man/woman now?

Edited by Madgecko

Well actually I know alot of people that believed what the spell description says. A "target" is a target, player or otherwise. Perhaps the description should be tweaked. Even another player in this thread referred to it as an interrupt. As far as me needing to research more, I'm not sure how much research you think needs to be done to play a game without getting to much into small details. Most people take descriptions at face value and realistically shouldn't have to do extra "research" to understand what the "real" meaning of the description is. "Standard" or "weak" targets could refer to players that are the same lvl or lower than the caster, it in no way differentiates between npc or actual player. But I applaud your attempt to "pwn a noob". Dont you feel like a bigger man/woman now?

Whether an ability stuns a player is not a small detail in the context of PvP.

Also, a whole lot of research doesn't need to be done. You cast it once, it doesn't stun the player, you should know after that.

You are the one who decided to quote the tooltip when someone else told you it didn't stun, and then continued to argue the point.

And I didn't attempt to pwn you. If you feel pwned though, perhaps you were.

Edited by skwrl

As far as me needing to research more, I'm not sure how much research you think needs to be done to play a game without getting to much into small details.

No research is necessary.

P.S. That is if you play a 2 button game like Counter Strike.

P.S.S. Spell casters who say that an instant cast nuke sux need to research tho. Unless ofc you're in love with PvE. This i can understand.

I use it in my rotation all the time, but generally as a "burst" at the end of my chain if the player is nearly dead. As a Madness sorc, I am cycling DoTs + Chain Lightning. When they're close to dead, I pop Shock in hopes for a nice crit (I've seen upwards of 1500-1800 crits). It's instant and I can use it on the move, which is incredibly important for a squishy, IMO. Standing in one spot too long as a caster is just asking to be killed. Edited by Sugarpill