Hood On/Off Toggle?

Morniel

I personally prefer the Destroyers amor or whatever (2nd page, top right under equipment). It is for lvl 30 or 31, comes with mods too, for 200 CC's less. Hide the head slot and the hood on the back still stays down (unless it is a glitch). Has armor on the shoulders though, but I don't mind that. Saved me 200CC's.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bump. By the way, why the heck is this thread here instead of being on the general section? This issue affects all Force-slinging classes.

Probably because General is a hive of scum and villainy. :p

Just like ingame for that matter.

WTB 15th slot for adding or removing hoods to anything or even a modabble slot to current gear that you can remove and add to another armor, might be a bit technical on that side.

Edited by ElitehunterDS

I saved myself the hassle and just bought one for 2.5m on the GTN. I don't really want to buy cartel items that aren't legacy bound.

One thing the valiant robe does show is that they could have fixed other art issue with older robes such belts on the outside of clothes :rolleyes:.

I saved myself the hassle and just bought one for 2.5m on the GTN. I don't really want to buy cartel items that aren't legacy bound.

One thing the valiant robe does show is that they could have fixed other art issue with older robes such belts on the outside of clothes :rolleyes:.

Honestly, don't allow yourselves to be ripped off. Cartel coin - credit ratio is like 100 - 130-160k .

Instead of waitin for overpriced gtn sets have someone to buy them for you for 1.5m - 1.6m.

Honestly, don't allow yourselves to be ripped off. Cartel coin - credit ratio is like 100 - 130-160k .

Instead of waitin for overpriced gtn sets have someone to buy them for you for 1.5m - 1.6m.

I plan to buy the set in future once I have enough coins :). I honestly though they would selling for 10m or some other OTT price.

I have 3 level 50s so just doing dailies means a return in credits within a few days :p

Cant believe all you suckers.

Pay for something that's a frelling no brainer in every other MMORPG on the planet.

Way to set back any hope of change. Spend some more money, maybe you'll just be able to spacebar through the entire class story of your choice for 2500 CC.

Coming soon! tm

I honestly don't understand why this is such an issue. I mean, they have created hood down armors, yet put all the Jedi ones on the market for around $15. And they still haven't added hood toggle to the game, despite this thread being up for a year now. I've stopped playing my Jedi Knight, mostly due to this. When I spend tens, if not hundreds of hours with one character, details like this become very important. If every time I look at my character and am annoyed at the design, I won't invest anymore time in that character. That's why other MMOs, like WoW, can charge so much for race change, even customization- the aesthetic matters.

I just started playing a few days ago and at first my JK wore armor without hoods. Then when I progressed, I got hooded armor that had better stats and I thought "OK, let's give it a try". But now it seems to me that hood just kills the enjoyment of all dialogues as I can barely see my character's face. I really hoped that I'll find better armor without hood but after reading that thread it seems there's a problem with that. Too bad, I guess I have to start another class char.

It just pulls you out of the scenes so much. Not to mention that when we asked for the hood-down armor from the splash screen we asked for the EXISTING robe to have the hood down, not some trench coat with body armor. Then factor in that they INTENTIONALLY put 2 hoods on Revan's chest piece (the hood down from Maelstrom and the hood up shoulder-wrap-towel-pool-noodle thing) just made it worse. Now for Marauders I KNOW I want a hood-up version of the Jedi Myrmidon robe. That would be amazing. Even a few of the Juggernaut ones. But neither side has been thrown a bone here.

There's no winning. And honestly I'm contemplating waiting for Marvel Online just because I KNOW they wont screw up iconic looks.

It just pulls you out of the scenes so much. Not to mention that when we asked for the hood-down armor from the splash screen we asked for the EXISTING robe to have the hood down, not some trench coat with body armor. Then factor in that they INTENTIONALLY put 2 hoods on Revan's chest piece (the hood down from Maelstrom and the hood up shoulder-wrap-towel-pool-noodle thing) just made it worse. Now for Marauders I KNOW I want a hood-up version of the Jedi Myrmidon robe. That would be amazing. Even a few of the Juggernaut ones. But neither side has been thrown a bone here.

There's no winning. And honestly I'm contemplating waiting for Marvel Online just because I KNOW they wont screw up iconic looks.

CoX had an almost limitless variety of costumes; I could sit for hours in their costume designer. RIP CoX (and "boo" Champion's). In Marvel Online it looks like you're stuck playing an actual marvel hero/villain (not inventing your own variation) - not too interested.

I agree that many of the cut scenes in this game are bad with hoods and it is mind boggling that we're now paying lots of extra $ for a hood down option (I see a smiley face in the Indian design/pattern they put on the butt of the Aspiring Knight's vest - can't wear it without feeling way too goofy).

Edited by WaywardOne

Well there is one spot of bright news coming our way, Alec. A few more pages and we HAVE to get a yellow post on this thread. Ya know. Re-opening it so we can keep asking for a yellow post, but still. I'm looking forward to the irony.

Well, then let's make it happen!

Here is some bad news. First actual character creation screen set made it to the CM. The Sith Raider one is actually a Warrior character creation armor set... I have a bad feeling about the Jedi Knight one...

Well there is one spot of bright news coming our way, Alec. A few more pages and we HAVE to get a yellow post on this thread. Ya know. Re-opening it so we can keep asking for a yellow post, but still. I'm looking forward to the irony.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but they don't close threads that go over a hundred pages anymore. Also, didn't the hood Toggle thread in General get one or two posts from Mr. Gonzalez?

Sorry to burst your bubble, but they don't close threads that go over a hundred pages anymore. Also, didn't the hood Toggle thread in General get one or two posts from Mr. Gonzalez?

Those said nothing. "Oh, it's so hard to implement we had to put it farther on the priority list. But it helped us to develop companion head slot toggle and unify colour."

No ETA, not any work in progress details. Nothing.

Those said nothing. "Oh, it's so hard to implement we had to put it farther on the priority list. But it helped us to develop companion head slot toggle and unify colour."

No ETA, not any work in progress details. Nothing.

Maybe they're trying to make hoods that work for Twi'leks as well?

._. They'll just chop off my lekku again.

Maybe they're trying to make hoods that work for Twi'leks as well?

._. They'll just chop off my lekku again.

I could have had hours of laughs looking at the bunny ear lekku. They were already funny enough in beta, but seeing it more wouldn't hurt me at all. It's not great, mind you, but damn it would have been hilarious.

I believe that having a hood toggle would be great. I am a huge fan of wearing good-looking gear and sometimes people do not want to wear the hood but they like the chest armor.

Pretty much. All my appearance issues with this game would be finished if I had a toggle. I swear. There are honestly good looking lower-level sest. Battle expulsor and the legacy one are sweet! Problem are the glued hoods. And I wish i could toggle shoulder pads off, too ;) Rakata set for knight without pads would be nice, don't you think?

Edited by Alec_Fortescue