Att BW - Harbinger - items vanishing from CXP boxes, GTN, Invents, Cartel martket.

Loska

Swtor is the only game I'm playing so I have no idea what happens to other games.

All the updates and maintenance of servers come with at least one bug. Which adds to the old bugs that the staff never fix.

Is this normal in others games? Or just on swtor?

until i resubbed on swtor i thought the same thing about STO. they could turn on an event they've done for years and break something completely random..or turn it on and it'll have a bug that they had fixed in the previous year...it all seemed like a black box with a house of cards inside it. maybe that's the constant across the multiverse. i wonder if there are mmo's that get praise from the industry for good uptime/patch results stats...

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

jesus this servers still not up? I'm east coast and play west coast, that was my error when I created all my toons on harbinger and leveled majority of them up lol. but its only 10 pm here so it sucks I cant play thru the night. I'm sorry for all you who couldn't play during your daytime...err, entire day, right?

jesus this servers still not up? I'm east coast and play west coast, that was my error when I created all my toons on harbinger and leveled majority of them up lol. but its only 10 pm here so it sucks I cant play thru the night. I'm sorry for all you who couldn't play during your daytime...err, entire day, right?

Yeah it has been down a majority of the day and now night.

Hedge your servers xD

until i resubbed on swtor i thought the same thing about STO. they could turn on an event they've done for years and break something completely random..or turn it on and it'll have a bug that they had fixed in the previous year...it all seemed like a black box with a house of cards inside it. maybe that's the constant across the multiverse. i wonder if there are mmo's that get praise from the industry for good uptime/patch results stats...

World of Warcraft does weekly patch updates and have been for years. It keeps the system constantly running smoothly and lets them address arising issues as they pop up. I've rarely had problems with random server shutdowns in WoW, i assume if there are, they are the 'black sheep' errors.

Edited by killacure

There are other MMOs that have issues. For example:

ESO had a lot of server issues after they brought in housing (heard someone mention people building over water).

And, then there is Archeage. Their newest store bought pet can give you a suspicious activity and boot you from the game for multiple hours if you have have pet out and traveling with you when you are in a vehicle. That is just their latest problem.

World of Warcraft does weekly patch updates and have been for years. It keeps the system constantly running smoothly and lets them address arising issues as they pop up. I've rarely had problems with random server shutdowns in WoW, i assume if there are, they are the black sheep errors.

Correct, but also lot less in wow, and same stuff for near a decade lol for the base game. To be fair to they have a HUGE development team and stuff, most other games do not. I always had issues in wow I was on Illidan, and the Chicago hub always went out....multiple times for a day+.

Hey folks,

We are up and testing and things are looking good. *Fingers crossed* but we are looking good to come up pretty soon™.

-eric

Good to hear, now for compensation for a day lost of playing, I will gladly take 25 random cartel boxes. Thanks a bunch! :)

Correct, but also lot less in wow, and same stuff for near a decade lol for the base game. To be fair to they have a HUGE development team and stuff, most other games do not. I always had issues in wow I was on Illidan, and the Chicago hub always went out....multiple times for a day+.

Blizzard hasnt revamped vanilla areas in that game for YEEEEAAARS, and they arent planning on it. Re-visiting those areas is cringe-worthy with the old development and issues in the environments. Kinda sad but they keep adding a lot, so no complaints from me. :p

• Dev Post

Harbinger is once again available!

As I stated in a prior post, it is likely that most of you are not affected by the issues we experienced. Here is the primary scenario where you could be missing an item: If you had an item disappear from your inventory, character sheet, etc. and you then placed an item over top of it. Ex: You equipped a weapon, it disappeared, and you then put another weapon in that slot. In that situation it is possible you are missing one, or both of those items.

We are going to be pulling data on what items are missing from what characters in an effort to get those items back to you. This will not happen tonight, but I will post a status update on this tomorrow. You will not need to submit a CS ticket to resolve the issue.

Thank you all for your patience as we worked through this tonight, now get in there and play!

-eric

Getting pretty sick of this crap. I get no reimbursement for these random "1984" style complete control shutdowns or whatever that keeps me from playing. I just resubbed recently around the time that these annoying shutdowns frequently occurred on a weekly basis which took most of the day (same w/ last Tuesday and whatever other possible days I was fortunate not to be here for). First, they charged me 3 times as much for 1 month subscription that I immediately unsubbed from the same day i first subbed in order to be charged only for one month, then the spoiled lazy brats who worked on this game had the balls to charge me 3x as much like the scammers they are. Now, they're trying to dishonestly stretch out the expansions rather than give a full game that you only charge once and now these RIDICULOUS random shutdowns as soon as I decided to give them another chance and resub thinking that nothing could go wrong this time after more than a year unsubbed and buying a timecard rather than using credit card. What a bunch of spoiled lazy arrogant brats who work on this game. Knowing their attitudes and the direction they're going in based on all these actions listed (and more not yet listed from me), they're going to get worse and not change for the better. Proof: They keep doing stupid crap like this and not so much as an apology which still isn't enough. Then you have all these customers with tails between their legs who can't do anything but whine or attack me for pointing out the OBVIOUS truth against the people who work on this game. You need to reimburse people, not keep making mistakes and blaming the customer and being quick to punish customers for YOUR mistakes (even if customers take advantage of those mistakes which you can't even prove was intentional).

If you ("the world's best customer service of world's best game") want to make a start in the right direction, reimburse a day for this ridiculous shutdown and for the previous Tuesday for all subs and for all the bugs you refuse to fully fix that you could EASILY FIX FFS (easy as in willfully lazy and dumb in your easy jobs w/ the same dishonest mindset you had by stretching out the game trying to force people to sub every month rather than selling a fully developed expansion or made continuous credit card subscribers feel like they're getting their money's worth, or at least don't keep forcing people to sub for your short lame chapters that have been relatively awful since 4.0 or whenever).

Getting pretty sick of this crap. I get no reimbursement for these random "1984" style complete control shutdowns or whatever that keeps me from playing. I just resubbed recently around the time that these annoying shutdowns frequently occurred on a weekly basis which took most of the day (same w/ last Tuesday and whatever other possible days I was fortunate not to be here for). First, they charged me 3 times as much for 1 month subscription that I immediately unsubbed from the same day i first subbed in order to be charged only for one month, then the spoiled lazy brats who worked on this game had the balls to charge me 3x as much like the scammers they are. Now, they're trying to dishonestly stretch out the expansions rather than give a full game that you only charge once and now these RIDICULOUS random shutdowns as soon as I decided to give them another chance and resub thinking that nothing could go wrong this time after more than a year unsubbed and buying a timecard rather than using credit card. What a bunch of spoiled lazy arrogant brats who work on this game. Knowing their attitudes and the direction they're going in based on all these actions listed (and more not yet listed from me), they're going to get worse and not change for the better. Proof: They keep doing stupid crap like this and not so much as an apology which still isn't enough. Then you have all these customers with tails between their legs who can't do anything but whine or attack me for pointing out the OBVIOUS truth against the people who work on this game. You need to reimburse people, not keep making mistakes and blaming the customer and being quick to punish customers for YOUR mistakes (even if customers take advantage of those mistakes which you can't even prove was intentional).

If you ("the world's best customer service of world's best game") want to make a start in the right direction, reimburse a day for this ridiculous shutdown and for the previous Tuesday for all subs and for all the bugs you refuse to fully fix that you could EASILY FIX FFS (easy as in willfully lazy and dumb in your easy jobs w/ the same dishonest mindset you had by stretching out the game trying to force people to sub every month rather than selling a fully developed expansion or made continuous credit card subscribers feel like they're getting their money's worth, or at least don't keep forcing people to sub for your short lame chapters that have been relatively awful since 4.0 or whenever).

Didn't even read it all, but LOL, that timing too funny.

Edited by killacure

Blizzard hasnt revamped vanilla areas in that game for YEEEEAAARS, and they arent planning on it. Re-visiting those areas is cringe-worthy with the old development and issues in the environments. Kinda sad but they keep adding a lot, so no complaints from me. :p

That is actually not true at all, they did a major overhaul of vanilla areas when they released Cata and have touched up on older areas as well after that. Could they 100% revamp everything to meet the standards they have set with their current expansions... Sure they could but it would be far from cost effective and would end up delaying any major expansion 1-3 years. It's not sad its just how it is for a game that is over 10 years old. They have a done a beautiful jobs keeping their entire game updated as the years have passed and that still shows with their sub numbers.

Wall-of-text attributed to PMT

I heard Bioware is hiring. Maybe if you could leave your katana and fedora behind and teleport down there and just fix that code right up? I'm sure that these guys and gals that work with that code daily would gladly step aside and let you point out the many "obvious" mistakes that they just can't bring themselves to fix.

lol.

Hey folks,

We are up and testing and things are looking good. *Fingers crossed* but we are looking good to come up pretty soon™.

-eric

Mehh.

I came from work and after a horrible day I wanted to play a little of swtor. I could not do it and now it's late in my country. I have to sleep to go to work tomorrow ... lucky for those who can play. Hope you will not miss any items.

Woah. Calm down. For starters it was just harbinger. It affected no other servers. Harbinger has had troubles for awhile and everyone transferring to it probably doesn't help matters. Secondly, 1984 style? Software is WAY more sophisticated and complex now than in 1984 so are computers so that's going to cause more potential problems, not less. The more complex, the more that can go wrong.

As for your billing issues, it sounds like a glitch that you'll just need to call billing to fix. You'll have it done in under 5 mins usually. Maybe something went wonky with your connection/website that caused that to go through 3x.

Hmm. You must've been in the NVA. In America we all knew what it meant.

Well, as a native German speaker my theory is it originates in the word "furchtbar" which translates into "terrible/horrible".