Spoils of War Equipment Sets and Tactical Items Achievements

Sertar

I discovered that the achievements for collecting all the equipment sets and tactical items introduced with 6.0 are acting in a weird way:

1. Set bonus pieces from boxes and crates trigger their achievement correctly, both on imp and pub side characters.

2. Set bonus pieces from the equipment vendors or Onderon reputation vendor DON'T trigger their achievement, both on imp and pub side characters.

3. Tactical items from boxes and crates trigger their achievement correctly on imp side characters, but NOT on pub side characters.

4. Tactical items from the equipment vendors or Onderon reputation vendor trigger their achievement correctly on imp side characters, but NOT on pub side characters.

I discovered that the achievements for collecting all the equipment sets and tactical items introduced with 6.0 are acting in a weird way:

4. Tactical items from the equipment vendors or Onderon reputation vendor trigger their achievement correctly on imp side characters, but NOT on pub side characters.

can confirm this - bought a tactical for my sage yesterday and it is not ticked green in the achievement section

• 3 weeks later...

1. Set bonus pieces from boxes and crates trigger their achievement correctly, both on imp and pub side characters.

2. Set bonus pieces from the equipment vendors or Onderon reputation vendor DON'T trigger their achievement, both on imp and pub side characters.

3. Tactical items from boxes and crates trigger their achievement correctly on imp side characters, but NOT on pub side characters.

as i know some tactical or sets drop from flashpoint also not count toward achievement

as i know some tactical or sets drop from flashpoint also not count toward achievement

I have to disagree here, those did count for us. We were doing the new FPS for achievements and it is dropping a certain set bonus piece what we even did was simple trade the one piece we got and that way all of us got the achievement. For example gloves dropped, I got them, i put them into inventory, got achievement then traded to other person in group etc.

The rule really seems to be that the gear has to include mods. That means the only way to progress these achievements is to get the pieces as drops from where they drop and from Kai Zeikken vendor.

• 2 months later...
Just a little bump here. 4 months after 6.0 Onslaught the Equipment Sets on both Imperial and Republic side still do NOT count towards their respective achievements! It's very annoying since I collect and keep sets of that I hope to get the achievement one day, but would rather disintegrate them for inventory space reasons.

Just a little bump here. 4 months after 6.0 Onslaught the Equipment Sets on both Imperial and Republic side still do NOT count towards their respective achievements! It's very annoying since I collect and keep sets of that I hope to get the achievement one day, but would rather disintegrate them for inventory space reasons.

What is the issue? Any set piece that you receive as a drop counts towards its achievement. It's only when buying from the vendor that it doesn't count. So either you can disintegrate the piece without losing your progress, or you can stop buying the pieces from the vendor.

What is the issue? Any set piece that you receive as a drop counts towards its achievement. It's only when buying from the vendor that it doesn't count. So either you can disintegrate the piece without losing your progress, or you can stop buying the pieces from the vendor.

The issue is that this is a bug, which hasn't been adressed in 4 months. Workarounds are no solution.

The issue is that this is a bug, which hasn't been adressed in 4 months. Workarounds are no solution.

If you have collected them then write a ticket where you specify which sets you have and where they are. CS will check it and grant you the achievements. A couple of players has been doing that. CS is aware of this bug and is granting the achievements as they know its a mistake in the game.

Just gather it all up to one inbox or so and write a big ticket.

If you have collected them then write a ticket where you specify which sets you have and where they are. CS will check it and grant you the achievements. A couple of players has been doing that. CS is aware of this bug and is granting the achievements as they know its a mistake in the game.

Just gather it all up to one inbox or so and write a big ticket.

Although technically this is a workaround too, thanks for the tip, I'll consider doing that. :)

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

i sent Tactical from Pub to Imp mirror (V'grd > PT) = triggered Achievement once in Inventory; since they don't seem to want to fix the Bug - thought it was easier than doing a Ticket and waiting for something to happen

Tried to pull out of Legacy Bank - didn't work - but once mailed Pub to Imp -- worked (if Legacy is open, close and re-open - they should show now)

Edited by Cantone
Added or corrected information

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Can we get a dev response on this?? I just crafted a tactical and of course as has been reported -- for what, 18 months? -- I got no achievement. I've gained and lost through reverse engineering, etc. so many achievement related items which of course if this is ever fixed I won't get credit for, but come on. Achievements should be the easiest thing to fix for possession-related items: onItemPossess(item Tactical) { grantAchievement(); } or some such thing. Item possession checks are done countless times for other game mechanics. Just fix this stuff already!

It's not unlike the codex STILL being broken since LAUNCH. What's the deal??

Edited by DimmuJanKaarl

• Dev Post

Hi folks,

Thanks for the different reports concerning the bug with Tacticals not being counted in the Spoil of War Achievement for Republic characters.

Our team is aiming to fix this bug next week with our Game Update 6.2.1. I'll keep you posted if there is any change.

Hi folks,

Thanks for the different reports concerning the bug with Tacticals not being counted in the Spoil of War Achievement for Republic characters.

Our team is aiming to fix this bug next week with our Game Update 6.2.1. I'll keep you posted if there is any change.

Thank you!!

Now please respond to my posts about the "reverse engineering biochem stacks" bug, and also my various questions asking why the devs hate crafters -- looking at you, BW dev who decided to make BiS Augments impossible for most crafter :mad:

Edited by DimmuJanKaarl