Why can't I kill/dump my companions?

Khalhazar

I would gladly have only 5 companions (including the robot) for the pleasure of killing the Warrior companion who particularly deserves it, or dumping the repugnant BH companion. From an RP perspective, why am I unable to do that? Is there a compelling story reason (besides dialogue) for having to keep all companions?

Please understand, I am not whining or demanding anything --- it's just that for a game so (rightfully) proud of its story-driven play, I've found my companion-related options to be woefully narrow. Am I the only one?

Because there is no quickload in MMO's, stupid people would choose to kill them "for the lolz" and then whine that they lost a companion that they now want to use. The crying would be endless. In short, idiot-proofing. I believe you were able to at one point, the conversations are still there. Like there is an option to let Ashara die or kill Quinn. It just doesn't do what it's supposed to. Edited by Jandi

Because there is no quickload in MMO's, stupid people would choose to kill them "for the lolz" and then whine that they lost a companion that they now want to use. The crying would be endless. In short, idiot-proofing. I believe you were able to at one point, the conversations are still there. Like there is an option to let Ashara die or kill Quinn. It just doesn't do what it's supposed to.

yup, exactly this. idiot proofing.

"waaah, i killed my healer companion cus i was moody that day, but now i dont have a healer companion, *** BIOWARE!!!!!1111111!!!!" :mad:

Because there is no quickload in MMO's, stupid people would choose to kill them "for the lolz" and then whine that they lost a companion that they now want to use. The crying would be endless. In short, idiot-proofing. I believe you were able to at one point, the conversations are still there. Like there is an option to let Ashara die or kill Quinn. It just doesn't do what it's supposed to.

I'd still like the option available... Especially for Skadge (BH companion) since he's completely useless. :p

He is so... creepy. I don't think I trust him on my ship, especially around Mako and Blizz!

Seriously. I am afraid he is going to sexually assault Mako. Not so much my BH, because she would kick his *** three ways from Sunday, but, ugh. I don't want him on my ship. I would have killed him if I had had the chance. I would still kill him if I had the chance. That first conversation with him on the ship? So creepy and predatory.

People are already whining because they cant change their advanced class...

Imagine the rage if you could kill your companions.

Oh noes, I didnt mean to. It sounded like an funny idea to kill my companion but now I want him back, pleeease.

Well with possible droid replacement it could work

People are already whining because they cant change their advanced class...

Imagine the rage if you could kill your companions.

Oh noes, I didnt mean to. It sounded like an funny idea to kill my companion but now I want him back, pleeease.

Well with possible droid replacement it could work

Oh the rage would still continue with the droid replacements. The moment they add new companion conversations the rage would go something like, "I'm being puniched for my decisions by not being given as much content as everyone else!" Not allowing companion killings is just the way of least headaches for Bioware.

Because it would have to be permanent. No save files to go back and redo the choice.

Bioware said their testing showed that people were more likely to be regretful and want for the ability to get the companion back rather be happy about the ability to kill them.

Because it would have to be permanent. No save files to go back and redo the choice.

Bioware said their testing showed that people were more likely to be regretful and want for the ability to get the companion back rather be happy about the ability to kill them.

Eh. It wouldn't have to necessarily be killing them - I understand the 'omg I screwed that conversation up and I can't go back because there are no 'saves'' thing. I have had that kind of remorse myself. But there could easily be a way to say, "I hate you, get the heck off my ship," and get them the heck off your ship while still leaving them retrievable at some future point. You would just have to go and find them and ask/beg/order them to come back. It would just take a little thought on BW's part to come up with something/somewhere believable for each companion.

Seriously. I am afraid he is going to sexually assault Mako. Not so much my BH, because she would kick his *** three ways from Sunday, but, ugh. I don't want him on my ship. I would have killed him if I had had the chance. I would still kill him if I had the chance. That first conversation with him on the ship? So creepy and predatory.

If Skadge touches my lil' Mako, I will skin him and wear him for a pair of boots!

I wish our companions were not pre-set . I would have loved to have more choice in who my companions would be. The only char I have gotten to 50 being a BH. I am at least ok with everyone except Skadge. My light sided BH would have vaped him for sure. I don't want that psycho creep hanging out on my ship. I especially don't like him hanging out near sweet Mako. I think Blizz would vape him for me if he tried to harm Mako while I was not there. I sure know Torian would also.

I likely would not have kept Gault either. His personality is ok, but he was my mark. I could get in serious bantha poo doo if anyone finds out he is still alive.

What I would have liked better is if there were say three possible companions at each juncture. And based on my choices made during the story on that planet would determine which one I ended up with. And just to change things around..maybe even have one of them be a straight up choice made by me with all 3 willing to join.

Another thing that would have been nice regarding companions is if you started with one. This companion would be totally designed by you. You would straight up create their looks like you did for your character ( would be nice to be able to do this with other companions too..except you would be limited to race and sex given). But when it comes to personality, story and role ; these all would be defined by choices you make while answering a list of questions about your companion.

I also think there should be much more interaction with your companions, more than just what goes into the story line. I would also have liked choices made in any conversation or quest to have potential consequences, good or bad, later on.

Some examples:

You could have a boys night out at the local tavern, all get drunk and smashed..maybe hook up Torian with a nice dancing girl or something.

You could have a date night with your romance..maybe dinner then watch a huttball match or something.

Maybe when I let the accountant live on Hutta that I was supposed to kill and bring his head to his girlfriend, maybe later the hutt finds out I deceived him and some bounty hunters show up as I enter a random solo instance.

It just would have been nice to have choices have REAL consequences. They did do this on one quest..but I suspect since it was part of story this was gonna happen just in a different way.

When I killed the Jedi Master as the last guy for the great hunt, I let his padawan live. She came after me later. But this just started the whole thing with Jun Seros..which I suspect somehow would have happened even if I killed her with her master. Since that whole thing is what led to me being able to confront the Supreme Chancellor of the Republic.

It just would have been nice if random things like that happened based on my choices in side quests and whatnot. I mean..I guess to some degree we "get" this with the little emails we get based on some of our choices. But instead of emails I would have liked some random encounter. Not necessarily a fight..though it could be based on my choices.

Maybe while being in a cantina, someone could flag me over, offer me a drink and maybe give me some cool item they invented or bought for me because of the help I offered.

Guess I am just ramblin on at this point... but it would have been nice to see more consequences based on choices..including some choices in our companions.

/end ramble..hope someone got something out of this ;)

I wish our companions were not pre-set . I would have loved to have more choice in who my companions would be. The only char I have gotten to 50 being a BH. I am at least ok with everyone except Skadge. My light sided BH would have vaped him for sure. I don't want that psycho creep hanging out on my ship. I especially don't like him hanging out near sweet Mako. I think Blizz would vape him for me if he tried to harm Mako while I was not there. I sure know Torian would also.

I likely would not have kept Gault either. His personality is ok, but he was my mark. I could get in serious bantha poo doo if anyone finds out he is still alive.

What I would have liked better is if there were say three possible companions at each juncture. And based on my choices made during the story on that planet would determine which one I ended up with. And just to change things around..maybe even have one of them be a straight up choice made by me with all 3 willing to join.

Another thing that would have been nice regarding companions is if you started with one. This companion would be totally designed by you. You would straight up create their looks like you did for your character ( would be nice to be able to do this with other companions too..except you would be limited to race and sex given). But when it comes to personality, story and role ; these all would be defined by choices you make while answering a list of questions about your companion.

I also think there should be much more interaction with your companions, more than just what goes into the story line. I would also have liked choices made in any conversation or quest to have potential consequences, good or bad, later on.

Some examples:

You could have a boys night out at the local tavern, all get drunk and smashed..maybe hook up Torian with a nice dancing girl or something.

You could have a date night with your romance..maybe dinner then watch a huttball match or something.

Maybe when I let the accountant live on Hutta that I was supposed to kill and bring his head to his girlfriend, maybe later the hutt finds out I deceived him and some bounty hunters show up as I enter a random solo instance.

It just would have been nice to have choices have REAL consequences. They did do this on one quest..but I suspect since it was part of story this was gonna happen just in a different way.

When I killed the Jedi Master as the last guy for the great hunt, I let his padawan live. She came after me later. But this just started the whole thing with Jun Seros..which I suspect somehow would have happened even if I killed her with her master. Since that whole thing is what led to me being able to confront the Supreme Chancellor of the Republic.

It just would have been nice if random things like that happened based on my choices in side quests and whatnot. I mean..I guess to some degree we "get" this with the little emails we get based on some of our choices. But instead of emails I would have liked some random encounter. Not necessarily a fight..though it could be based on my choices.

Maybe while being in a cantina, someone could flag me over, offer me a drink and maybe give me some cool item they invented or bought for me because of the help I offered.

Guess I am just ramblin on at this point... but it would have been nice to see more consequences based on choices..including some choices in our companions.

/end ramble..hope someone got something out of this ;)

There's a great way to keep Skadge away from Mako. Personally, I take her everywhere I go. The ONLY time I've run without her was during that damned mission on Belsavis where you HAVE to use Skadge, and he's about 5 shades of Useless. :p

There's a great way to keep Skadge away from Mako. Personally, I take her everywhere I go. The ONLY time I've run without her was during that damned mission on Belsavis where you HAVE to use Skadge, and he's about 5 shades of Useless. :p

Yeah, but...

my BH doesn't take Mako out with her anymore, because she feels the need to keep Torian with her all the time after that mess on Hoth. If she left him alone he might get into trouble again. It's a shame, because while Torian is cuter, Mako is much more useful to have around.

Yeah, but...

my BH doesn't take Mako out with her anymore, because she feels the need to keep Torian with her all the time after that mess on Hoth. If she left him alone he might get into trouble again. It's a shame, because while Torian is cuter, Mako is much more useful to have around.

Now....

I think Mako is way cuter than Torian and much more useful. But then, I'm not into guys and I'm a huge fan of Lacey Chabert who does her voice. Yes, I actually watched Party of Five because she was on it! :D

I'd give anything to be able to kill Mako. It truely would be the happiest moment of my gaming history. I HATE that horrid, whiney little companion. I love BH...it is my favorite class or would be if I werent forced to take Mako everywhere.

It would be much better if we could pick our companions. Or if you are going to force us with a certain set then let us choose who does what job. I'd rather take Gault around everywhere and have him be my healer. Anything would be better than Mako. She's usless and obnoxious. :wea_02:

Edited by Ivanelise

Oh the rage would still continue with the droid replacements. The moment they add new companion conversations the rage would go something like, "I'm being puniched for my decisions by not being given as much content as everyone else!" Not allowing companion killings is just the way of least headaches for Bioware.

Well why not put it in and tell the idiots who did kill their companions to SUCK IT UP AND GET OUT!

Yeah I'm moody... :mad:

I don't think anyone is more annoying to have as Vector the bugman. wish i could squash him as the bug he is.

not to mention that he is the only romance option for the female IA. now this sucks.... anyone in his right mind cannot seriously be turned on or even be comfortable with him always saying "WE are" "WE like" "WE want"... damn thats creepy :mad:

Edited by SoraQuasar

why do you want to kill them? just not use them, it is good to have a wide range of conpanions, I would like the option of choosing between characters like having 2 possible companions for one spot. I would like more of a choice with companions though but still bioware are gods when it comes to companions...

Actually scratch that, they are gods in general :wea_03:

Edited by Khopesh

I don't think anyone is more annoying to have as Vector the bugman. wish i could squash him as the bug he is.

not to mention that he is the only romance option for the female IA. now this sucks.... anyone in his right mind cannot seriously be turned on or even be comfortable with him always saying "WE are" "WE like" "WE want"... damn thats creepy :mad:

Aw, Vector is actually awfully nice once you get to know him. He's just a little different. Also? Mad sexy.

why do you want to kill them? just not use them, it is good to have a wide range of conpanions, I would like the option of choosing between characters like having 2 possible companions for one spot. I would like more of a choice with companions though but still bioware are gods when it comes to companions...

Actually scratch that, they are gods in general :wea_03:

I want them (well, for me, Skadge in particular) off of my ship. Just not using him really isn't enough - I don't want to be reminded of his existence because I find him really upsetting.

Edited by Celacia

Well why not put it in and tell the idiots who did kill their companions to SUCK IT UP AND GET OUT!

Yeah I'm moody... :mad:

The correct term is "SUCK IT UP AND DRIVE ON, HOOAH!" for the uninitiated. :D

There are definitely a few companions the game could do without, imo.

1. Skadge tops my list, of course. Not only is he a creeper, but come on! He's completely useless unless you're running a Healing spec. But even then, Blizz fits the Tank bill just fine, and he's a cool guy!

2. SGT Rusk. Also fairly useless in a fight. His DPS is mediochre at best, and his Tanking ability is non-existent. That, and any NCO who gets his squad killed on a regular basis needs to be forcibly retired.

3. Quinn. Yes, I know we used to be able to kill him back in Beta, and the option should still be there! Seriously, he's a Psycho type barely held in check by his loyalty to Darth Baras.

4. Tanno Vik. How the HELL did Garza think this weiner was the best Demo expert ever to serve in the Republic Army??? He's a tool, and a useless tool at that! They should have let me take Fuse instead.

That's my short list of useless companions that should have a kill option, imo. lol

I'd love the option to be able to freeze Skage in carbonite and leave him hanging around somewhere. I can get him later if I decide I need him.

It would be nice to be able to tell your companions you don't care about to bugger off, but you can get them back later. You'd obviously take a affection hit, but that's fine.