to the deve.

wilkiealbert

y is it that we r paying for a game that is unfair in some spots the heroic moment abilities has little to no effect at all and to the way that the nathema conspiracy is made when it starts to spen and hit us in all 360 degree we have no where to go and get out of the line of fire it needs to be redune it just not fair at all and you know it.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

y is it that we r paying for a game that is unfair in some spots the heroic moment abilities has little to no effect at all and to the way that the nathema conspiracy is made when it starts to spen and hit us in all 360 degree we have no where to go and get out of the line of fire it needs to be redune it just not fair at all and you know it.

Are you having difficulty completing the solo-story version of the Nathema Conspiracy? I have to be honest, I don't think I've ever died during that flashpoint or even come close. What influence rank is your Lana Beniko companion? What item rating is your gear? Are you using a Stim? Are you using the Chilled Corellian Cocktail buff item to increase your Presence stat? Do you have Lana set to heal, if you are a tank or dps? Have you tried a different discipline? Do you have all the datacrons scattered throughout the galaxy for the permanent stat boosts, including bonuses to presence? Do you have all four class buffs?

If you are specifically referring to the second boss ancient guardian droid, the trick is to stand directly behind one of the Hunter Probes. Make sure there is a direct line of sight between you, the hunter probe droid, and the ancient guardian droid. You will not take any damage, as the Hunter Probe will shield you from the attacks. You don't have to bring Lana with you by putting her on passive, as she won't take a lot of damage, but neither will the Ancient Guardian Droid from her attacks.

Are you having difficulty completing the solo-story version of the Nathema Conspiracy? I have to be honest, I don't think I've ever died during that flashpoint or even come close. What influence rank is your Lana Beniko companion? What item rating is your gear? Are you using a Stim? Are you using the Chilled Corellian Cocktail buff item to increase your Presence stat? Do you have Lana set to heal, if you are a tank or dps? Have you tried a different discipline? Do you have all the datacrons scattered throughout the galaxy for the permanent stat boosts, including bonuses to presence? Do you have all four class buffs?

If you are specifically referring to the second boss ancient guardian droid, the trick is to stand directly behind one of the Hunter Probes. Make sure there is a direct line of sight between you, the hunter probe droid, and the ancient guardian droid. You will not take any damage, as the Hunter Probe will shield you from the attacks. You don't have to bring Lana with you by putting her on passive, as she won't take a lot of damage, but neither will the Ancient Guardian Droid from her attacks.

^^ Sage advice.

OP.. you have to keep in mind... some encounters require adherence to specific tactics (either offense or defense), depending on the FP or other type of instance) to overcome what otherwise looks like an insurmountable damage challenge. And a quick search of the internet will most often hand you several good guides on how to overcome some particularly nasty boss mechanic you are faced with.... and dulfy's guides generally are the best as she keeps them largely up to date.

Edited by Andryah

you all r not getting the Pont none of my abilities work on it they don't even do any damage to it not even the heroic moment abilities do any thing to it at all and that is not fair and I am paying for this game its not right at all

:mad:

Normally, I wouldn't spoil but...

For this boss, in addition to standing behind the hunter probe during the laser phase, you have to damage and keep damage on the hunter probe so that it's below 50%. It rapidly regenerates. You can tell by the different color of the shield surrounding the droid.

If the Hunter Probe's HP goes back above 50% the shield around the boss reforms and it takes significantly less damage.

Dasty

Edited by Jdast

that is not what we pay for and for what we pay we don't get what we need we don't even have a L.70 vender that is needed crafting don't get you what you need star trek online do give you what you need :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

You have everything you need in the game to do the solo mode of this content. Whether you follow the strategy or not is up to you. By extension, whether you continue to get frustrated at the game for when you dont beat this boss, is also up to you.

that is not what we pay for and for what we pay we don't get what we need we don't even have a L.70 vender that is needed crafting don't get you what you need star trek online do give you what you need :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

It is totally what I pay for, actually. I like difficulty to my video games, and having mechanics that don't allow you to just stand there and use basic attacks without ever being in danger of dying.

In terms of not getting a crafting vendor that we "need", I'm trying to understand what you are even saying but am not sure it makes any sense. I do know that if you like Star Trek Online that much better, perhaps it is where you should be playing and spending your money.

Do your blood pressure a favor, and read up about fight mechanics before-hand, or go play a simpler game that doesn't require any effort.

I now this was a waste of time no one ever gets the point I use to test games for a living and I know when its unfair or not but it don't do no good to tell the deves that I bet they don't even look at this but that's ok there is another way to get my point out there il just put my money in to another game this game is going down hill any way:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Is your point that heroic moment doesn't ignore boss mechanics and that somehow that's a flaw with the game? Or is it that you should be able to ignore certain boss mechanics?

Straight answers please.

Edit: i also call shenanigans on your professional game testing. Technical writing / reports and good communication skills are critical to those that do it professionally. I have zero clue what point you are trying to make after reading your posts in this thread. So not sure why you felt compelled to add that bit to your last post, but I ain't buying it.

Edited by azudelphi

I don't care if you do or not I did the testing and my partner did the review on it so unless you seen us do it you have no a pinyon on it.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Fine. Ignoring my skepticism, answer the questions.

What exactly is your point? Be clear and concise so that we can all try to help / understand.

Edited by azudelphi

Are you sure you're playing through this FP on solo difficulty level ?

Because i ran it with my Sentinel who wears 230 gear, with an influence around 20 Lana, i don't think i have all the datacron, never uses stim or anything like that and i don't really know the bosses mechanics and don't remember having a particularly difficult time during this FP.

Edited by Goreshaga

whin I use the heroic moment ability it don't do any damage to the npc or the boss so y do we have it if it wont do any thing

It isnt doing much damage because of the mechanics of the fight. Go to dulfy or figure them out. But thats why your abilities are doing jack. Nothing to do with fair or unfair. Learn the fight or keep being frustrated.

Edited by azudelphi

whin I use the heroic moment ability it don't do any damage to the npc or the boss so y do we have it if it wont do any thing

as explained to you, the boss has a super shield, which protects it from most damage. you must stand by a probe and get it below 50%, when the boss attacks, the probe will remove the bosses shield. and then you can do your normal damage. its called a boss mechanic, and stupidly easy one at that.

Have you unlocked the 8 class specific abilities tied to the heroic moment ?

The problem is that he is using the abilities when the boss has a damage reduction buff. For whatever reason, OP is resisting the calls and advice to do the mechanics needed to break the boss's shielding, calling it unfair that he has to do that to get his heroic moment to damage.

OP, either you have some bug or you are just trolling us. All the above players told you it is very easy to beat that boss, I am not even sure how aren't you able to.

I have done this FP (I assume , it is on "story mode") some 16 times and only my 1 character was full 248 gear - all 16 of them had NO ISSUE with this boss.

Just when he starts his "mega 24 second long shooting", go and stand directly behind one of those "hunter probes". You will take no damage then.

Then just jump on the Big Dog and hit him even with your 2 base abilities.

if you repeat it enough long he will die...

If your companion is at least ifluence lever 10 and on healing mode, you will not die either.

This is the simplest strategy ever.

But you do not say ANYTHING about what class you play, ...so i guess it is very poor attempt to promote other games...