Tanks Stats Required for Different Operations

Tokkelos

Hello

I am new-ish to this game, but not new to tanking other MMO's and was wondering what stats are required to tank the different tiers and difficulties.

I play an Assassin and have done two Operations so far and my current stats are... (not buffed in any way)

21772 hp

5767 armor

38.81% damage reduction

25.58% defence chance

28.37% shield chance (48.37% with dark ward)

47.86% shield absorption

102.45% accuracy

So what level Operation would I be able to tank?

Also if someone could suggest how much I need to improve to tank the higher difficulty levels.

Cheers

Edit.

Also posting this in a different forum to reach a wider audience

Edited by Tokkelos

102.45% accuracy

You should get rid of all of the accuracy in favor of defense/shield/absorb. Accuracy does practically nothing for you.

Your stats should be plenty for hard Eternity Vault and Karagga's Palace, and are probably sufficient for Nightmare EV/KP and storymode Explosive Conflict. Might be unsufficient for HM EC though.

You should get rid of all of the accuracy in favor of defense/shield/absorb. Accuracy does practically nothing for you.

Your stats should be plenty for hard Eternity Vault and Karagga's Palace, and are probably sufficient for Nightmare EV/KP and storymode Explosive Conflict. Might be unsufficient for HM EC though.

I tanked EC SM with my Assassin one day after I hit 50. I had fresh level 50 gear (i.e. level 21 mods etc).

You can tank the majority of content.

It's worth noting that, based on damage and required healing values, it is actually possible (and indeed, viable) to tank HM EC in just Columi gear (without augments). Your healers will need to be full Rakata, and your DPS will need to be better, but full Columi is more than sufficient to deal with the damage being dished out. The numbers show that tanking HM EC is all about the mechanics, not the mitigation.

Now, nightmare mode EV and KP are an entirely different story. They are both *much* higher damage than HM EC, but also far less mechanically intensive. Your stats are probably good enough to tank Nightmare Mode EV if your healers are geared, but you should really get that shield/absorb up about another 10% each. You might be able to do Nightmare KP with your current stats, but your healers will cry and will have a very hard time keeping you up on Fabricator (unless they are severely over-geared).

I don't have full numbers for HM TFB yet, but from what I can tell, the mitigation requirements are just a little more stringent than HM EC, but not a lot. I would be comfortable tanking it in non-augmented Rakata (maybe even with some Columi). It *appears* to be comparable (or slightly below) Nightmare EV in terms of boss DPS, though I would need to get numbers on all the bosses before I can say definitively.