Tanking the TFB as a Juggernaut/Guardian

Talking about the final boss of TFB here, and specifically about the second phase.

Rage/Focus in Soresu is, as we all know, utterly gimped for... some reason that I haven't quite grasped yet. The point is that you rely on being hit for consistent resource generation, otherwise it's a pain.

Now, in that second phase, there are long, long stretches when I'm not taking any damage at all: I'm talking about the periods after a Scream aimed at me. These phases are basically a pain. I'm spamming Assault and Sundering Assault when Enrage and Force Choke are on cooldown and it's really uncomfortable.

In any other fight, I'd use the break to get some distance on the boss then Saber Throw + Force Charge for resources. But the "range doesn't matter" thing makes that impossible here which also means no Battle Cry bonus. Yes, it's not a big deal; that my already pitiful DPS drops even further shouldn't really be an issue because it's not my job. Still, it makes that part of the fight extremely boring. It would be ever so nice if we could use Charge + Throw... please?

It doesnt matter how much damage is done to him, when he goes into his tantrum his health will be set at 15%. It is sorta like the transition between phase 1 and 2, his health is automatically set to 50%.

So technically you could stand there and twiddle your thumbs until it time to taunt him back after you cleared the scream debuff.

And that is incredibly boring which was my main point actually :) Tanking TFB is great fun, right up until the final boss where it becomes utter tedium. A Saber Throw and a Force Charge every once in a while would help alleviating the boredom ;)

And that is incredibly boring which was my main point actually :) Tanking TFB is great fun, right up until the final boss where it becomes utter tedium. A Saber Throw and a Force Charge every once in a while would help alleviating the boredom ;)

When standing in the bridge when Phase 2 starts, you can use your "range only" attacks. A good time to do them is when you're going back to the bridge to clear up your Scream debuff.

Why can't you saber throw and charge? I can't remember at as PT if I could jet charge but I could use all my melee and ranged attacks? Or is it something to do with a minimum range requirement?

Yeah, it's the "minimum range" problem, I can use my 10m attacks like Force Choke or Force Push just fine.

When standing in the bridge when Phase 2 starts, you can use your "range only" attacks. A good time to do them is when you're going back to the bridge to clear up your Scream debuff.

You don't have to do that in story mode; I suppose I won't be bored in hard mode anyway.