Legacy Species Unlock - bugged

Aussie

I recently bought the mirialan species legacy unlock item (the one from the cartel market /that can also be found on gtn search) and when I right-click to use it,it gives me the error message "you've already unlocked this on this character". Even though I haven't unlocked mirialan legacy unlock at all within my legacy . I also asked a friend and since the latest patch he can't learn the miraluka species unlock item he bought either off the cartel market.

I'm sure this bug is universal across all cartel market legacy species unlock items since the latest client patch for Tor. So if anyone else has had this same problem lately since the more recent game patch let us know here thanks.

Any Bioware/EA response on this situation would also be appreciated cheers.

Edited by Aussie

same thing happened to me and i put in a ticket. I better get my money back or have it fixed soon. So tired of this game's bugs. I want to like it so bad, but every patch is making me angry, and I shouldn't be angry playing a video game.

What I noticed on the GTN today was that there appears to be two different versions. One with a CM symbol and one with a number "1" on it. The Cartel version was lit up to me (as I haven't unlocked said species yet) and the other was blacked out.

I may already know what that is. One of the patch notes is that Legacy items can no longer be stacked and I bet the one with the Cartel symbol on it was purchased either yesterday or today. (We also have one up on our GTN).

The ones listed on the GTN with the 1 in the corner were probably purchased before the patch and were not changed which is causing the bug.

Good catch.

Edited by veyl

Hi folks, after investigating this issue, we have discovered that the bug fix that we implemented in 1.6.2:

• Unlock items no longer stack in the inventory.

has affected any unlocks that were on the GTN and in mailboxes. Please submit an in-game ticket for CS if you have been affected by this. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Be advised, however, that CS tickets can take days, even weeks, to be resolved. Assuming they don't simply close it without having read it, but having appended some response that has no bearing whatsoever on what you wrote. In which case, it will take significantly longer, while you try to get them to come to terms with what you actually submitted.

"SW:TOR CS, where finding ways to impede your gameplay is our business!"

Edited by Borgbunny

Hi folks, after investigating this issue, we have discovered that the bug fix that we implemented in 1.6.2:

has affected any unlocks that were on the GTN and in mailboxes. Please submit an in-game ticket for CS if you have been affected by this. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Lets just forget the fact that having unlock items stack was not hampering gameplay or anything else for that matter in any way. The fact that I now have 20 bank unlock items that don't stack is more annoying than having them stack.

It isn't just species unlocks - I have two cargo bay unlocks that are behaving the same way. Same number symbol, same error message. And they weren't on GTN or in a mailbox, they were sitting in the cargo hold on one of my chars when the patch went live. However, they were stacked, which I assume borked them.

Great QA as usual, EA.

Ever hear that saying:

" If it isn't broke, DON'T FIX IT!" ???

That's the issue here. They just had to change something that made no sense to do so. Why would you not want cartel item's to stack? It makes no sense to do that because for one we pay to have these items with real cash, and two our inventory will clog up horribly, for which you hope for us to buy yet more Cartel coins to get another Cargo Bay unlock. I see your slithering ideas here and it's beginning to sicken me. Not making items stack-able is ridiculous in any MMO. Give yourselves a good shakedown, and stop focusing on this game-breaking Cartel Market. More and more am I being pushed away from this game, and it saddens me.

I would like more clarification on this. I had a bunch of stacked cartel item unlocks in my Cargo hold. When the patch went live, all those items magically moved to my inventory when i logged on, and were no longer stacked. Can Bioware assure me these items are not bugged?

Thanks in advance.

same here, is the bug really that bad or hard to find? just curious?

im having a hard time understanding your post?

didnt you just answer your own 2 questions?

also any updates bioware? any cghance those that have tickets open are gonna get this resolved soon? id really like to use my unlock

Edited by darthtrunkmonkey

I've had a problem similar problem. I used a unify color (account) unlock that I bought of the GTN on my F2P account the day before pactch 1.6.2 came out. and the unify worked for that one day on all my characters but the day after the patch, I logged on and the unify was greyed out again like it was never unlocked. logged on to all my characters and it was broken on them too.

I would either like my money back or have the unify given back to me.

im having a hard time understanding your post?

didnt you just answer your own 2 questions?

also any updates bioware? any cghance those that have tickets open are gonna get this resolved soon? id really like to use my unlock

sorry about the confusion, my english is still not that good.

I meant that I sent a ticket that have a wait for us to contact you, well I'm still waiting.

maybe I'm wrong but could they just undo the patch first?

I've had a problem similar problem. I used a unify color (account) unlock that I bought of the GTN on my F2P account the day before pactch 1.6.2 came out. and the unify worked for that one day on all my characters but the day after the patch, I logged on and the unify was greyed out again like it was never unlocked. logged on to all my characters and it was broken on them too.

I would either like my money back or have the unify given back to me.

this has to do with species unlock, not any of the other unlocks. this has to do with the fact that you cant even use it.

make another thread for your issue please, dont hijack our thread

FOR BIOWARE:

my ticket number for the problem in question is 7789410, if you need to check to see if i actually have a bugged species unlock my jedi sentinel has it in her inventory.

Edited by darthtrunkmonkey

Joveth, I put in a ticket on the 9th about this problem, and when I heard from CS today they seemed to have no idea what I was talking about. Based on the number of bugged unlocks I see on the market this seems like a terribly inefficient way to go about this. CS is apparently always overwhelmed based on the 7 day response time, and inept based on my 4 previous tickets, none of which were resolved. Could the bug fix be run again, with the Market and Mailbox included this time? I am sure it would save everyone a lot of headaches.

Its not only the Species Unlock which are bugged but any of the Unlocked which previously where stacked. This change has also affected the Speeder Piloting Unlocks.

What I don't understand is that if this effect other unlocks and are purchased by F2P or Preferred status player how are they able to get it fixed as they do not have access to in-game CS?

Edited by Apollo-Rayne

What happens if you're a Free or Preferred player who has the object and can't open an in-game ticket for CS to have it fixed?

• 3 weeks later...