Who is Sifo-Dyas?

jacobfriend

I know Sifo-Dyas ordered the Clone army but I heard that it was just an alias for Sidious or was it some random jedi??? If it was a random jedi then what was the point of putting him in there? He essentially makes the clone wars happen yet he is never pictured in the movies. Someone explain please.

I know Sifo-Dyas ordered the Clone army but I heard that it was just an alias for Sidious or was it some random jedi??? If it was a random jedi then what was the point of putting him in there? He essentially makes the clone wars happen yet he is never pictured in the movies. Someone explain please.

Initially, Sifo-Dyas was supposed to be an alias for Sidious which is why in the movie the Jedi Masters state they've never heard of a Sifo-Dyas. Later that was ret-conned, and Sifo-Dyas became a separate entity from Sidious and was a Jedi who had been manipulated by Sidious through his friend Dooku to order the Clone army. Later he was killed in a duel with Count Dooku who then preserved the body and kept his lightsaber. Eventually, Dooku used the frozen Jedi's blood in a transfusion to keep Grievous alive while they turned him into the cyborg General Grievous.

Ultimately, Sidious is still responsible for the actual Clone army being ordered.

Initially, Sifo-Dyas was supposed to be an alias for Sidious which is why in the movie the Jedi Masters state they've never heard of a Sifo-Dyas. Later that was ret-conned, and Sifo-Dyas became a separate entity from Sidious and was a Jedi who had been manipulated by Sidious through his friend Dooku to order the Clone army. Later he was killed in a duel with Count Dooku who then preserved the body and kept his lightsaber. Eventually, Dooku used the frozen Jedi's blood in a transfusion to keep Grievous alive while they turned him into the cyborg General Grievous.

Ultimately, Sidious is still responsible for the actual Clone army being ordered.

What? No in the movie, the jedi have heard of Sifo-Dyas this is what obi-wan and the cloner said.

Prime minister: "Jedi Master Sifo-Dyas is still a leading member of the jedi council is he not?"

Obi-Wan: " Master Sifo-Dyas was killed over 10 years ago."

Then later.

Obi-Wan: "They say Master Sifo-Dyas placed an order for a clone army, at the request of the senate almost 10 years ago. I was under the impression he was killed before that."

So Master Sifo-Dyas was an actual jedi master.

Edit: Wait nvrm I get what you mean, yes in the early drafts of ATOC he was but after that he wasn't so it was never ret-conned since it wasn't the actual script. Thought you were meaning it in some other way.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

What? No in the movie, the jedi have heard of Sifo-Dyas this is what obi-wan and the cloner said.

Prime minister: "Jedi Master Sifo-Dyas is still a leading member of the jedi council is he not?"

Obi-Wan: " Master Sifo-Dyas was killed over 10 years ago."

Then later.

Obi-Wan: "They say Master Sifo-Dyas placed an order for a clone army, at the request of the senate almost 10 years ago. I was under the impression he was killed before that."

So Master Sifo-Dyas was an actual jedi master.

Edit: Wait nvrm I get what you mean, yes in the early drafts of ATOC he was but after that he wasn't so it was never ret-conned since it wasn't the actual script. Thought you were meaning it in some other way.

That guy is right, and uh, there's no plot-hole regarding Syfo-Dyas. He was Dooku's friend and killing him in cold blood was his sacrifice to become Sidious's Sith Apprentice, later using his name while contracting the clone army. If you remember Jango says he was recruited by a man named [Darth] Tyrannus.

ps - His name also highly resembles "used to **** himself" in Portuguese.

Sifo-Dyas IS a plot-hole in that it's never properly explained in the films. It's left as a vague puzzle. "Sifo-Dyas ordered the clones...Sifo-Dyas died around the same time...Tyranus hired Jango to be the template for the clones." That's it.

The natural conclusion is that Sifo-Dyas was impersonated by Sidious or Dooku, so they really should've left it as 'Sido-Dyas' and not had an actual Sifo-Dyas at all. George told us it'd all be explained in Episode III, but, uh, it wasn't.

Then the EU overcomplicated things by making Sifo actually have a premonition of war, and rather than tell the Council and all, he goes to Dooku and confides...Dooku, already being wooed by Sidious. So Dooku helps him order the clones, then kills him to become a Sith, but oh wait not really, he keeps him alive in stasis to use him to aid Grievous' transition to his cyborg body!

I love the EU, but sometimes it's just dumb.

Sifo-Dyas IS a plot-hole in that it's never properly explained in the films. It's left as a vague puzzle. "Sifo-Dyas ordered the clones...Sifo-Dyas died around the same time...Tyranus hired Jango to be the template for the clones." That's it.

The natural conclusion is that Sifo-Dyas was impersonated by Sidious or Dooku, so they really should've left it as 'Sido-Dyas' and not had an actual Sifo-Dyas at all. George told us it'd all be explained in Episode III, but, uh, it wasn't.

Then the EU overcomplicated things by making Sifo actually have a premonition of war, and rather than tell the Council and all, he goes to Dooku and confides...Dooku, already being wooed by Sidious. So Dooku helps him order the clones, then kills him to become a Sith, but oh wait not really, he keeps him alive in stasis to use him to aid Grievous' transition to his cyborg body!

I love the EU, but sometimes it's just dumb.

It was explained in the labyrinth of evil, and its not a plot hole. Don't see how it is since its made very clear that, he ordered the clone army without the authorization of the council but was killed before that and Palpatine used his name to make the army. Its not that hard to understand.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

in the movies Sifo-Dyas is just a dead Jedi master, in the books he was with Count Dooku in potentially leaving the jedi order and being controlled by Palpatine and his master Plagueis. Of course Palpatine kills Plagueis before the fruits of his labor could take place. But Palpatine still used them and created the clone army and the rest his history.

ofc what is true is that Count Dooku kills Sifo-Dyas (who ordered the clone army thx to Palpatine) and then erased Kamino from the archives blah blah blah, everyone seen the movie. there really isnt a plot hole in the movie, the problem is, people dont read the books related to the movies... episode 3 is 3 books long and only about 20% of it is in the movie, and all 3 books are canon so yea ppl ned to l2read.

in the movies Sifo-Dyas is just a dead Jedi master, in the books he was with Count Dooku in potentially leaving the jedi order and being controlled by Palpatine and his master Plagueis. Of course Palpatine kills Plagueis before the fruits of his labor could take place. But Palpatine still used them and created the clone army and the rest his history.

ofc what is true is that Count Dooku kills Sifo-Dyas (who ordered the clone army thx to Palpatine) and then erased Kamino from the archives blah blah blah, everyone seen the movie. there really isnt a plot hole in the movie, the problem is, people dont read the books related to the movies... episode 3 is 3 books long and only about 20% of it is in the movie, and all 3 books are canon so yea ppl ned to l2read.

You don't even really need to read the books to figure it out.

---------

Sifo-Dyas orders the clone army.

Dooku leaves the jedi order to join Sidious(this makes it clear that Dooku was once a jedi, seeing as Yoda said "my old padawan.")

Dooku kills Sifo, and Sidious uses his name to produce the clone army.

It isn't that hard to figure it out yourself, I got it all figured after watching the movie.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

You don't even really need to read the books to figure it out.

---------

Sifo-Dyas orders the clone army.

Dooku leaves the jedi order to join Sidious(this makes it clear that Dooku was once a jedi, seeing as Yoda said "my old padawan.")

Dooku kills Sifo, and Sidious uses his name to produce the clone army.

It isn't that hard to figure it out yourself, I got it all figured after watching the movie.

Nowhere in the films does it even hint that Dooku kills Sifo, tho. That's all outside the movies, which is why I called it a plot hole. If LoE was required reading for ROTS, then LoE should've been part of ROTS. It would've worked better if they'd just left it Sido-Dyas, or introduced Sifo-Dyas in Episode I, or just had Qui-Gon be the name of the guy ordering the clones. But I suppose Sido-Dyas and Qui-Gon would've just tipped the Jedi off that the clones were a Sith plot, since Dooku tells Obi-Wan of 'Darth Sidious' at the end, and Obi-Wan knew Qui-Gon well enough to know he hadn't gone to Kamino to order clones.

Nowhere in the films does it even hint that Dooku kills Sifo, tho. That's all outside the movies, which is why I called it a plot hole. If LoE was required reading for ROTS, then LoE should've been part of ROTS. It would've worked better if they'd just left it Sido-Dyas, or introduced Sifo-Dyas in Episode I, or just had Qui-Gon be the name of the guy ordering the clones. But I suppose Sido-Dyas and Qui-Gon would've just tipped the Jedi off that the clones were a Sith plot, since Dooku tells Obi-Wan of 'Darth Sidious' at the end, and Obi-Wan knew Qui-Gon well enough to know he hadn't gone to Kamino to order clones.

It does say however that Sifo was killed, so seeing as Dooku was a former jedi turned sith. You could put two and two together, and come to the conclusion that Dooku killed Sifo.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

It does say however that Sifo was killed, so seeing as Dooku was a former jedi turned sith. You could put two and two together, and come to the conclusion that Dooku killed Sifo.

i agree, it's not a plothole, but they pretty much did say those books were mandatory reading for the movie, else they would not have come out a week before the movie release date! movies always have holes in the sense that they only have 2.5 hrs to tell a tale that takes 10 hours to read, so so much is left out of movies that only someone who doesnt care about story at all would just watch the movie and call it a day, anytime a movie/book combo is out i always read the book if i saw the movie first and liked it, books are always so so much better...

i agree, it's not a plothole, but they pretty much did say those books were mandatory reading for the movie, else they would not have come out a week before the movie release date! movies always have holes in the sense that they only have 2.5 hrs to tell a tale that takes 10 hours to read, so so much is left out of movies that only someone who doesnt care about story at all would just watch the movie and call it a day, anytime a movie/book combo is out i always read the book if i saw the movie first and liked it, books are always so so much better...

Well obviously, books are always better then the movie because of two things. Btw when have they said, that the books were mandatory?

1. Books are not limited by a budget, in what they can and cannot do.

2. More information can be given, because the book isn't on a time slot in which it has to be cut.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi