Good guilds still accused of hacks

Spliffy-TreesOG

This whole "these guilds are hacking and I'm going to report them with no evidence because they beat me in a warzone!!11!" is getting old and stale. I just read on Darthhater that someone accused a lot of our good pvp guilds on our server of hacking in warzones, and to top it all off a darthhater mod even agreed with that commenter. :confused:

Here's a link to the thread if anyone is interested: http://www.darthhater.com/articles/feature/22869-column-pvp-1-17-13 (scroll down to about the 3rd comment to see what Im talking about)

I'm really starting to get annoyed with all of these wild accusations that have been circulating over the last few weeks. I'll stand up for these guilds when I say that I haven't seen any funny behavior from them and the butt kicking from them was because of their skill, not hacks. And to anyone that tries to say they hack I ask you this one thing; post proof. Until then you're just talking out of your *** and slandering the names of good pvp guilds/players.

To sum up this rant my jimmies have been thoroughly rustled and I was a little shocked seeing a mod of a reputable site agreeing with something that bs.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. Way to maintain that journalistic impartiality...

Newflash. Good PvPers, and good PvP guilds, don't NEED hacks to steamroll random PuGs, and they would get caught in a second if they tried using them against other PvP guilds. Plus, considering they can't go 3 matches without someone leveling hackusations, they would be complete morons to actually use them when everyone is reporting them at random anyway.

There are hackers in this game and on our server. But it's the random tryhard that needs that edge to bump his dmg from 80k to 120k, that's doing it. Not the people that play every match under the scutiny and animosity of the rest of the PvP community. (Not to mention they stream 1/2 their games anyway)

The comment was par for the course, but the mod's response was completely out of line.

Wow. Way to maintain that journalistic impartiality...

Newflash. Good PvPers, and good PvP guilds, don't NEED hacks to steamroll random PuGs, and they would get caught in a second if they tried using them against other PvP guilds. Plus, considering they can't go 3 matches without someone leveling hackusations, they would be complete morons to actually use them when everyone is reporting them at random anyway.

There are hackers in this game and on our server. But it's the random tryhard that needs that edge to bump his dmg from 80k to 120k, that's doing it. Not the people that play every match under the scutiny and animosity of the rest of the PvP community. (Not to mention they stream 1/2 their games anyway)

The comment was par for the course, but the mod's response was completely out of line.

I agree with this! ^^^^^

I had to stop in an ancient hypergate and explain why a guy could be at our spawn point right after the pylon exploded... They were saying it was hacks..

Bads will be bads and always claim hacks!

I was a bad once and thought people were using hacks. But the more i understood the game, the more i realized they were just skillfully activating their abilities. I have NEVER reported anyone for hacking. I did post a video of an exploit though, and even then, I didn't report it to bioware. Just posted it on the forums. I feel that does more good, tarnishing a players name, rather than reporting it to bioware.

Another thing people fail to give is proof, and even further than that is what hack we are supposedly using. All everyone says in these games is just "You're hacking baddie"... what hack am I or anyone else using? I've heard some pretty ridiculous accusations like "Packet editor" and "Proccing for too much damage" (thanks for that Morain). But seriously if you're going to stoop so low as to call everyone who is better than you a hacker, could you at least indulge us by telling us which one we're using specifically?

I ask that you tell me what hack I'm using specifically so I can use it in my hack report, I can never trust myself to tell myself what hack I'm using for myself. I mean, it's obvious everyone else knows so much more about myself than myself so can you please tell me what hack I'm using? I need to know so I can promptly report myself and get myself banned.

However, in all seriousness, instead of calling us hackers? Maybe challenge us "hackers" to a duel so that we may eat you alive and you can see first hand that we aren't hacking, just infinitely better than you in every way shape and form. And this applies to all the supposed hacking guilds, Ascendancy, Cookies, Goof, C O V, Full Resolve, and any other decent guild who "skillfully activates their abilities". I know it's hard to entertain the idea that you hackusators aren't God's gift to this game.

Now that I'm done being an butthole. Here's a genuine thought, maybe come to us and ask how to counter or maybe better yourself to take us down. We aren't invincible but when you'd rather throw your hands up and yell "He is a hacker I have no chance", you're not doing yourself any favors.

Good day.

EDIT: Also failed to mention that I've played with all the guilds mentioned above (minus COV) and I can tell you, they don't hack, just better than you.

EDIT 2: Look at my videos linked in my signature or you can visit all the streamers and see them hack first hand.

Edited by Psirebral

Wow accusing Goof Troop and Cookies of hacking and the mod agrees

Thats pretty funny, this **** is getting out of hand. Mod even says he knows you guys

If any of you guys are using macros to set talents or swap gear be careful...........All it takes is a little odd activity for BW to ban your *** if you are getting reported.

Juicin/Chompin

Just got out of a warzone where the imp side I was on accused the reps of hacking. It was really sad imo, they don't realize its a full pug with mostly 14-16k hp people and going against mostly Goof Troop and COV, who are more coordinated and talented than the majority of the pug I was in. To accuse them of hacking just because they are better geared, better coordinated, and in general, just better individually than them was just sad. To all the people accusing other people of hacking, run fraps then and record it. You should never accuse anybody of anything unless you have solid proof.

This isn't a surprise, its because the new 50's are terribad.

When I mean terribad, I mean they cant DPS, nor defend, follow objectives, call out incs, do anything right and they whine and whine about every little thing that I want to kick them in the nuts.

I'd like to name and shame these guys cause they think they're gods given gift to complain. When they themselves are terrible.

I mean playing terrible and calling hacks is ok right Bioware? Whats next. Play with 1 button only and DM till you win a prize.

Hell earlier in my Republic alt some dumb PvPer thinks that putting up in General chat call the Sith Empire to turn off their hacks is a smart move, only to get smacked down when the Empire Side doesnt even HAVE THE ABILITY TO READ GENERAL CHAT ON THE REPUBLIC SIDE.

If this trend continues WZ is going to become a retarded lame *** DM game, which is equivalent to hitting the *********** dummy.

Eh, I know the exact occasion Vox speaks of. It was way back when when we were in MOTION together on Drooga's right after rated's came out and a lag spike made Shishou lag across the screen and Vox had it on camera. Believed it was a hack etc.

Cookies/Cov/Goof Troop, Etc other good PvP guilds don't hack. Some bad PvP guilds do hack, and they're the ones who get banned a few times over =)

This whole "these guilds are hacking and I'm going to report them with no evidence because they beat me in a warzone!!11!" is getting old and stale. I just read on Darthhater that someone accused a lot of our good pvp guilds on our server of hacking in warzones, and to top it all off a darthhater mod even agreed with that commenter. :confused:

Here's a link to the thread if anyone is interested: http://www.darthhater.com/articles/feature/22869-column-pvp-1-17-13 (scroll down to about the 3rd comment to see what Im talking about)

I'm really starting to get annoyed with all of these wild accusations that have been circulating over the last few weeks. I'll stand up for these guilds when I say that I haven't seen any funny behavior from them and the butt kicking from them was because of their skill, not hacks. And to anyone that tries to say they hack I ask you this one thing; post proof. Until then you're just talking out of your *** and slandering the names of good pvp guilds/players.

To sum up this rant my jimmies have been thoroughly rustled and I was a little shocked seeing a mod of a reputable site agreeing with something that bs.

...and yet when you see that guilds name on a character who is using a hack and you mention it in general...everyone says..."oh yeah they use hacks all the time...and that player was reported a few times this week"

so "good" guilds do hack...the darthhater article just brings that to light.

...and yet when you see that guilds name on a character who is using a hack and you mention it in general...everyone says..."oh yeah they use hacks all the time...and that player was reported a few times this week"

so "good" guilds do hack...the darthhater article just brings that to light.

Really? Everyone is quite a lot of people. Generally speaking each fleet has around 200 people on it, give or take, and when you bring up that my guild is hacking you get 200 responses that we hack all the time? Don't exaggerate because one other baddie that got rolled by us happened to agree with you. Simply put if you want to prove that any of these guilds are hacking download fraps and record it. If it's so wide spread and such a hindrance to every warzone you and all the baddies play then it should take about a half dozen games to catch us in the act and win your argument. Yet oddly enough there is TONS of game footage floating around twitch and youtube of our server and none of it has anything that resembles hacking.

It was in PvP so "everyone" was 8+ people...

That would be Ops chat, not general bud. Also those are the same 8 people that are in the process of being rolled with you. Still also want to point out that you have the option of downloading a free version of fraps and recording this for the world to see. And after all, according to all the accusers, hacking is so wide spread it should only take a few games to get your video evidence.

What really bugs me is that covenant is considered a good PvP guild

Cookies play "kickball" weekly and we beat them with our "b" team

i am "b" team and i have never lost to them

>LuBu

(Ceraii-sira'h)

?

I didn't realize Nekron, Vullesh, Dragis, Sheemie, Lainon and Psiebral were all on your "b" team.

Just like you guys, we had some on our A team and some who aren't.

Like I said in another thread. Most of the accusations come from ignorance (like explaining why someone predation faster than theirs or why certain classes dont take dmg for a few seconds, or very little dmg for that matter, or how a certain class can make others invisible for a period of time...see what i did there?) and/or being completely dominated. I am truly getting tired of explainging why things occur. Now I do understand that everything is hackable ( I work for a semiconductor company and we have a "team" dedicated for attacks and what not) but not everything is a hack.

Good luck to those of you guys/girls in the guilds I love playing against on both factions. I truly mean that statement. What I can see happening in the future is the dumbing down of pvp and/or less ppl to play against due to them being banned and their guild mates leaving for the same reason ...pretty sure it will be the latter.

This is just another reason for me NOT to join a guild. Apparently it puts a target on your back for the wrong reasons. Like I tell people at work "there are people who believe this: Make others look bad to make yourself look good". Once again good luck.

Edited by Mr_Elotes

>LuBu

(Ceraii-sira'h)

Now now lubu let's keep this peaceful and target the real enemy who are the hackusators(sp? Real word?). I'm sorry but this is my first pc game ever, I bought a pc just to play this game, and even if I wanted to hack I honestly don't think I could figure it out for the life of me yet I get accused daily. The trick is to run carnage and spam predation and 1 in 3 warzones you will see in /say "nice speed hacks". Can't believe people still don't understand this ability.

Also remember a time I was playing against hype and a guy said he hacked his way from mid to snow in 5 seconds. I asked him if he knew what force speed was and he replied something along the lines of "herp derp packit editing derp".

I guess the morale of this post is please shut up with the hacking cries and get better. If I can figure out this game enough to be called a hacker so can you! I believe.

P.s. Hype is a hacker

>LuBu

(Ceraii-sira'h)

Not sure why the hate because Cov doesn't deserve it. They don't try to be the bestest guild ever because they don't care about that. Many have a families, careers and/or tackling graduate school. Granted, there are some crappy folks with the tag but when Cov does manage to get their keys players together, which is rare, they do very well. It's not like we have a massive pvp population, so lets respect what we have.

Edited by Sowwy

?

I didn't realize Nekron, Vullesh, Dragis, Sheemie, Lainon and Psiebral were all on your "b" team.

Just like you guys, we had some on our A team and some who aren't.

Psirebral is more like D team but he's funny and does a great Cleveland impression so we keep him around.