Preview Exciting New Reveals from E3!

Are you done with giving out false info?

What false info? Blizzard (specifically WoW) lost 1.8 million subscribers. That is a verifiable fact. They lost this number over the course of a year, and were only able to stabilise this drop with the Christmas holiday season. Also a verifiable fact.

That I said "two million" instead of "1.8 million" is not false info, it is a rounding up of a number. The rounding up of only two hundred thousand when dealing with numbers like "1.8 million" is not giving out false info. I'm not sure why Blizzard's subscription numbers are so important to you that you feel the need to accuse people of "giving out false info" whenever the exact number isn't presented, but saying two million instead of 1.8 million is not a big deal. Relax, mate.

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So since HK51 is coming out, will it replace my annoying ship droid? can I delete my ship droid? insult him and make him run away? leave him stranded on tattoine? Basically I want HK51 to replace the annoying ship droid.

Also I'm going to guess you get HK51 on Makeb.

Edited by Jonoku

LOTRO never went over 1 million subs.. at least the F2P is perfect for me.

This game would not have gone over 1 million subs had it not been for the Star Wars name and the shattered confidence we used to have in BioWare as a developer.

It seems like there are some people who are complaining and some who are excited. I hope that when the update comes out most of the people will stop complaining for a while at least, because they are asking a lot of BW, who have done a very good job. I don't understand why people are getting all upset just because Cather were chosen above other species, or that they are bringing out a new space battle. These are amazing leaps and bounds in updates. Why are many people complaining?

Bioware great job! :sy_title:

Answer: Because they're little kids who expect everything to be given to them all at once and don't understand/take into account how things work. It's been the same with Starcraft 2. Everyone expects the game to work in their favor forgetting that that's NOT how things work. They also expect it to be at Brood War level at release. It's NEVER going to happen. EVER. That's the dumbest and worst expectation to have, of all time.

Agreement: BW has done a phenomenal job with this game. I say keep up the great work and continue to thrive.

It is because BioWare is talking about adding more content when the content they have is broken. Space missions are fun in their own way, but they are useless. We want real space combat. Great ANOTHER new warzone when PvPers have been begging for Rated Warzones and Open-world PvP. Why are we doing warzones if they are meaningless? Yay! A new race! Yet many of the traditional races that Star Wars fans have loved for decades are not playable? Instead we get a CAT-har? Comic relief? The new OPs, sure for those who like them. But from what I hear the 3 already there do not work very well. I have yet to Actually finish one. I did finish a HM BT once. Don't care to do any others (why do I need Rakata gear?). Level Cap? Why does the introduction of a new planet mean that the planet's citizens are "naturally" more powerful than those on a previous planet? Can't you think of better incentives than "more powerful gear that makes the gear you have useless"? There are many reasons to complain about the direction BioWare is heading.

It is because BioWare is talking about adding more content when the content they have is broken. Space missions are fun in their own way, but they are useless. We want real space combat. Great ANOTHER new warzone when PvPers have been begging for Rated Warzones and Open-world PvP. Why are we doing warzones if they are meaningless? Yay! A new race! Yet many of the traditional races that Star Wars fans have loved for decades are not playable? Instead we get a CAT-har? Comic relief? The new OPs, sure for those who like them. But from what I hear the 3 already there do not work very well. I have yet to Actually finish one. I did finish a HM BT once. Don't care to do any others (why do I need Rakata gear?). Level Cap? Why does the introduction of a new planet mean that the planet's citizens are "naturally" more powerful than those on a previous planet? Can't you think of better incentives than "more powerful gear that makes the gear you have useless"? There are many reasons to complain about the direction BioWare is heading.

They have done that right now they did it with patch 1.3 if you have seen on the blog post about it.:p

Most of the polls were pre-launch, which means they have been wiped. Other ones are on here, on this site. Should be able to do a search.

I have to go to bed, though, before wife lynches me.

That's weird I don't remember Cathar being so asked after.

Google cache maybe?

So since HK51 is coming out, will it replace my annoying ship droid? can I delete my ship droid? insult him and make him run away? leave him stranded on tattoine? Basically I want HK51 to replace the annoying ship droid.

Also I'm going to guess you get HK51 on Makeb.

HK51 is an assassin droid, so you can neglect your ship droid as much as you want but you can't get rid of him - I think most of us would be pissed if he replaced the ship droid.

http://www.darthhater.com/articles/swtor-news/20634-e3-2012-darth-hater-interview-with-daniel-erickson

Might have something to do with Makeb, but its legacy related, requires both republic and empire and requires doing a lot of things so, don't count on it.

HK51 is an assassin droid, so you can neglect your ship droid as much as you want but you can't get rid of him - I think most of us would be pissed if he replaced the ship droid.

http://www.darthhater.com/articles/swtor-news/20634-e3-2012-darth-hater-interview-with-daniel-erickson

Might have something to do with Makeb, but its legacy related, requires both republic and empire and requires doing a lot of things so, don't count on it.

Requires whatever lots of things. I've done lots of things already. The ship droid makes me think I'm playing Clone wars adventures online. Walking in my ship and hear his annoying dialogues. It's a replica of C3-PO ..

Edited by Jonoku

Requires whatever lots of things. I've done lots of things already. The ship droid makes me think I'm playing Clone wars adventures online. Walking in my ship and hear his annoying dialogues. It's a replica of C3-PO ..

Just read the HK section >.< . and the ship droids are protocol droids, as is C3PO, I5YQ and a multitude of less memorable ones, with the exception of I-Five they are pretty much the same.

Just read the HK section >.< . and the ship droids are protocol droids, as is C3PO, I5YQ and a multitude of less memorable ones, with the exception of I-Five they are pretty much the same.

Ya I read it, I have like 5 50s now and at level legacy 32......they said puzzles.....I've solved Bioware's puzzles before. Not much. Yes I have a 50 on the other side of the faction. It's just stuff I did before already, not a challenge. This just proves I'm faster finishing content then bioware is putting out good content.

Edited by Jonoku

I love how people keep bringing up WoW as the game to beat. The IP is down to.....pandas? What are they going to release to sell their next expac, a playable species of fungus?

C'mon BW strains an eyelash making Cathar a playable species, and hoardes of cat people are eating it up. Hacks me off, they arn't adding something a little less human. But, it's something.

Soebody said it earlier, but did anyone notice there appeared to be only 5 players in that Op?

I love how people keep bringing up WoW as the game to beat. The IP is down to.....pandas? What are they going to release to sell their next expac, a playable species of fungus?

Pandas are not so different from the kittens (aka Cathar) we're getting, if you ask me ;)

What I find slightly comical is when Legacy was first announced, there was discussion on whether or not Bioware would put up species specifically through Legacy, creating the system of leveling a throw-away character just to play the species you want to play.

The general noise was that Bioware would never do something like that.

Funny how things work out. ;)

About the same from the Beta Forums when people screamed that Bioware would never copy World of Warcraft. They would be making gameplay that was shiny and new. After the announcement there was a complete 180 saying that they were smart to copy World of Warcraft...said by the very same people.

Edited by Bluerodian

Pandas are not so different from the kittens (aka Cathar) we're getting, if you ask me ;)

Amen Brother! The Cathar race is a red herring. It's just there as a distraction to try to make you forget just how unfinished this game really is, and to try to keep you from pressing the unsubscribe button.

I would take pandas and pokemon over what TOR has become. Which is an endless PVP grind once you finish the story. After that nothing matters, not even crafting, except your valor level and metals to earn better gear.

Edited by Chaad_Losan

Amen Brother! The Cathar race is a red herring. It's just there as a distraction to try to make you forget just how unfinished this game really is, and to try to keep you from pressing the unsubscribe button.

I think that they're a nice addition, and their inclusion doesn't greatly sway me one way or the other.

1. Cathar are part of an expac, so being a normal subscriber isn't gonna get you it anyway.
  2. They are Cathar. Cat people. Its clearly not their intention to hook people in with cat people - worst bait EVER!
  3. While I'm at it; In what way are cats or cathar even remotely similar to pandas?

Edited by Flaraza

1. While I'm at it; In what way are cats or cathar even remotely similar to pandas?

They're both cuddly species ;)

On a more serious note, they're both species reminiscent of animals and part of the lore of both games. However, it wasn't my intention to derail this thread, I was merely trying to point out both choices of new race may be appealing to some and distasteful to others. One of the reasons I left WoW, aside from burning out on the game, is their plans for the panda expansion. Well, now I get kittens instead :p

Edited by Sauska

I didn't see anything about a new playable race in that E3 video and I watched it twice. So where did this stuff about the Cather being a new playable race come from?

It was in the original video, but has (for whatever reason) been removed. It's also mentioned by Daniel Erickson in an interview with Darth Hater.

Yeah, yeah, Cathar...whatever.

The major news here is that my shadow will get to do the Star Wars kid move like every staff-wielding NPC in the game! Or am I the only one that thinks of the "Star Wars Kid" every time I see an NPC use Spinning Strikes?

Actually, what the shadow did in the video looks a lot better than Spinning Strikes. But I digress. Star Wars Kid!

I know, I was incredibly dissapointed when my Assassin hit 50 and still did not learn Spinning Strike. Such a cool looking move.

@ Rhodians as a voice acted race: Pretty sure they don't speak basic. Oota goota BW? so no worries there.

But...

Any word on more character slots??

Rodians can speak Basic if they choose to learn it. Many don't, but they can. Wookiees on the other hand lack the vocal structure to speak Basic or most any language but their own.