Do you guys realize how easy it is to get 1500+ rating?

Reginlief

A friend of mine mentioned the other day that you could achieve tier 1 rating in your first 10-12 games of Ranked Warzone Arenas.

I was lucky enough to be able to confirm this and capture a screenshot of it right after my 10th match of solo ranked.

http://i.imgur.com/VpvDBwt.png

Did you guys (developers) realize how easy it was to achieve top tier rewards? Now I can retire after 10 games if I want to.

Why is so much emphasis placed on those first 10 games as opposed to any other(s) you play?

http://i.imgur.com/vAwKTYt.jpg

A friend of mine mentioned the other day that you could achieve tier 1 rating in your first 10-12 games of Ranked Warzone Arenas.

I was lucky enough to be able to confirm this and capture a screenshot of it right after my 10th match of solo ranked.

http://i.imgur.com/VpvDBwt.png

Did you guys (developers) realize how easy it was to achieve top tier rewards? Now I can retire after 10 games if I want to.

Why is so much emphasis placed on those first 10 games as opposed to any other(s) you play?

http://i.imgur.com/vAwKTYt.jpg

If you can go 10 wins without even a single loss, I don't see a problem with that being enough to hit top tier.

EA/BW has said that 1500 rating has only been reached by about 5% of the ranked playerbase, so clearly pulling off something like this is very much the exception rather than the rule.

I tried it, kept getting opposed by the same 4 people. No one on my team could bring any of them below 90% health.

We were tossed against them 3 times, each round we tried to focus on a different player... nothing.

I'll eventually get lucky and find a team composed of people worse than me :)

or not :)

Edited by illgot

If you can go 10 wins without even a single loss, I don't see a problem with that being enough to hit top tier.

EA/BW has said that 1500 rating has only been reached by about 5% of the ranked playerbase, so clearly pulling off something like this is very much the exception rather than the rule.

Its a problem b/c of how random solo queue is. There seems to be no real matchmaking tied to Rating, so you are thrown with/against people who have ratings far below/above you.

My own personal example is that I had bad luck with teammates and started 1-9. I then went on a 19-0 streak, but b/c my rating started at ~1060, I was sitting at ~1230. Had I started 10-0, and then gone 10-9 (to achieve the same overall record), my Rating would likely be in the area of 1450, with a max >1500.

Edited by cashogy_reborn

If it were that easy, I would think that well over 5% of people who've played ranked would have it. According to a DevTracker post, that's about where the bar is - 5%.

That has a lot to do with the loss of a lot of pvp players

I admit I am one of them

I played pvp since launch a lot, but it's been what 2 years and it's been the same old maps, we did get two new ones since launch and the 4 on 4 which replaced the 8 vs 8

A lot of people did not do 8 v 8 ranked because it provided nothing and felt like pre season was never going to end

Myself I moved on to PvE but when I do I go back to try out the pvp is back to Alderaan and some weirdo Bolster system that for some reason when I replace my 78 PvE gear with the low tier pvp gear I lose stats and expertise, not even going to try to understand bolster.

I am not trying to rip on pvp just saying that it has become very redundant; don't even want to discuss regrinds since launch

The rewards are a good thing though and hopefully this will bring back people to pvp, the people the people that will do ranked and stuff not just random solo ques I see these days

I know if some good pvp gets going I will be in again :cool:

Edited by kirorx

The guy that did this has valor rank 87. He has PVP'd a TON. He's even done 30 ranked matches. He is undoubtedly perfectly min-maxed in PVP gear. This didn't take him just 1 day to accomplish. All of that practice and gearing up also needs to be factored in.

My guild (primarily PVE) did a night of ranked PVP. You lose a substantial number of rank points for every loss. Accordingly, to achieve 1500, you must win substantially more than you lose. Or, play a massive number of matches, if you are anywhere near a .500 PVPer. And you MUST have a winning percentage.

Edited by Kurin

The guy that did this has valor rank 87. He has PVP'd a TON. He's even done 30 ranked matches. He is undoubtedly perfectly min-maxed in PVP gear. This didn't take him just 1 day to accomplish. All of that practice and gearing up also needs to be factored in.

My guild (primarily PVE) did a night of ranked PVP. You lose a substantial number of rank points for every loss. Accordingly, to achieve 1500, you must win substantially more than you lose. Or, play a massive number of matches, if you are anywhere near a .500 PVPer. And you MUST have a winning percentage.

For the record my Vanguard is actually slightly undergeared. Yes I have my set bonus and everything but most of my gear is on the imperial side. My Powertech is min/max 67s.

For example, I have a really crappy relic with no augment that I never bothered to replace since I rarely play pubside. Pretty much everything on my left side also has level 50 augments (+18 Aim, +12 End) except the bracers.

http://i.imgur.com/JVeSjts.png