Gearing up for fresh level 50s

Wolten

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok. so how do people have super nice gear before lvl 50? i dont understand how to get good gear now?

They either have done a lot of PVP and have gotten some good stuff, or they have mostly orange gear and have all blue or purple mods/armoring/barrels/enhancements from quests or from crafting.

As far as I'm aware, there is one new daily on Ilum. And hopefully they fixed the broken one which adss another commendation possibility.

ok. so how do people have super nice gear before lvl 50? i dont understand how to get good gear now?

By simply playing the game?

I don't mean to be blunt, but if you get your hands on orange gear, and keep the armour, mods, etc, always updated (either through quest rewards, stuff you craft, or stuff you buy), you will always be competitive, pre-50.

Edited by blur

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
A warning to all Fresh 50s: the information in this guide is rather outdated. Coupled with the 1.2 patch notes, however, it is probably still quite useful.

That is what I was about to inquire about....I couldn't find anywhere on the fleet to change my warzone commendations into mercenary commendations. Plus it appears that all the battlemaster gear is bought using WZ comms exclusively.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
pve tier gear question:

i can get similar stats from the dailies for tionese. so i skip the tionese and grab a few columi but grab more rataka/blackhole? and use the tionese for a companion?

Yeah, I never wore Tionese... that was Doc's outfit, at least until he started growing into some Columi. He can hold his own now, which enables me to solo every daily H2 with Doc if needed. (takes a LONG time though with my DPS :rolleyes:)

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
Something I've found to have significant combat advantages although it does involve effort and expense is completing all conversations and quests for your comps. Bonuses to Crit, Accuracy, Surge, Heals received, and max Health are all unlocked. i dunno what the hard numbers are but i've noticed it 'in the field', and i imagine having all unlocked, as i do, may well be be as good as having an extra piece of gear, altho this is a wild guess, Thank you for the guide and best wishes

Good guide, but would be worth a going-over to update those things that have changed as part of Rise of the Hutt Cartel. For instance, planetary commendations aren't planet-specific anymore, so you can do quests on other planets (or get daily PCs from flashpoints) to gather commendations that you'll spend on Corellia.

I'd like to see an enterprising individual make an updated version too.

This level 50-55 gear drops are not bad compared to older gear. Crafting 55 stuff isn't bad either. PvP vs pve is a mess in the direction of using pve gear to pvp but how does pvp gear stack up in flashpoints now?

Lots of questions for people who play through the expansion like it was all just part of the storyline and 50 is the new jumping off point.