Chiss as a playable race?

Allfader

I want a Chiss avatar too! :)

And as for the "no record of the Chiss in the Empire" and "no record of the Empire in the Chiss'ascendency data", it's normal: Lucas and Bioware just didn't think about this at all.

They included the Chiss just because they're humanoid and would then make a good race to play in SWTOR with almost no effort (they just take the skin of humans and turn the skin blue and the eyes red). That's all!

This exactly. It was an easy model to produce and filled the race selection screen. THere are plenty of races in the game I would love to play as but only the human looking races got put in because it is easier to model armor around that one body scheme then design helmets for the three eyes long snouted dogman or the cyclops with the horn.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Sad that the responses stopped flowing in on this. I would imagine that Bioware, Lucas Arts, or somebody somewhere came up with a reasonable explanation besides "the data is too old so people were unable to find it" or "nobody cared they just thought it looked cool so they added it."

Can we get a name of some Chiss who wiped the data from Imperial and Republic records? Maybe an Imperial Agent who was a double agent and had access to both central data cores? I'm sure a plausible explanation can be added to the story somewhere. And if there is a book or something that I haven't read that covers the story, somebody let me know because I would love to add it to my collection.

I wish there were more Chiss NPCs to talk to, in the game. I'm IE lvl 14 and for now I just talked to only one Chiss NPC. Where are they??? :p

Csilla is an iceball, so take a wild guess where you're going to find a lot of Chiss.

Edited by Talkative