So Bioware is not backing down from the "Grab Bags"

Wraiven

I have seen a lot of you guys beg Bioware to reconsider putting out these "Grab Bags" (gambling bags) and judging from the PTS server, your cries have gone unheard.

So now I am asking you...Bioware....please please please do not go through with these grab bags. You are placing some of the coolest stuff in to these bags and making it to where the only way you can get this stuff is to gamble. Pink-purple crystals? Grab bag only?

Come on Devs...I am respectfully requesting you reconsider here.

Edited by Wraiven

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not the only way. These items become unbound after five days and trade-able. Just pay the GTN going rate for the item if you want the sure-fire way of getting it. This is a non-issue because the items aren't bound. Edited by CelCawdro

Not the only way. These items become unbound after five days and trade-able. Just pay the GTN going rate for the item if you want the sure-fire way of getting it. This is a non-issue because the items aren't bound.

I agree. I originally HATED the idea of these packs. But now that I've seen them in action and tried it out on the PTS and you'll be able to trade/sell the stuff from the packs, I've changed my mind and I think they are great as-is.

I have seen a lot of you guys beg Bioware to reconsider putting out these "Grab Bags" (gambling bags) and judging from the PTS server, your cries have gone unheard.

So now I am asking you...Bioware....please please please do not go through with these grab bags. You are placing some of the coolest stuff in to these bags and making it to where the only way you can get this stuff is to gamble. Pink-purple crystals? Grab bag only?

They want to make money. This will make them money. You are wasting your time. Its people that are willing to pay for being screwed over and pay for mediocrity that allow this.

Edited by Soluss

They want to make money. This will make them money. You are wasting your time. Its people that are willing to pay for being screwed over and pay for mediocrity that allow this.

Agreed. Don't buy the packs.

Personally, I think it's kind of pathetic if someone can't help but gamble for items in a video game simply because someone else has some mask or color crystal or whatever...

People will snap them up, some will reward very desirable items that will then enter the GTN for big credits after the bind timer runs down (much faster for subscribers then for freebs, according to devtracker today).

So... basically they give players the option to farm grab bags or farm the GTN. I really don't see the downside here since they are essentially turning the access and economics of the key items over to the players. Just like everything else in this game (crafting for highly desirable REs for example), some people will work hard to obtain and then market items and others will just buy items from other players via GTN or face to face sales. I, for example, will simply buy the rare items off the GTN, rather then farm the bags from the cartel mercant.

Edited by Andryah

Too much crap in those backs, don't think people will buy many of them... except for those collectors who buy so much that it might wrk for BioWare. But I think bioWare could make more money by offering all the stuff in a way so that people can just buy what they want, because that way people would actually buy that stuff.

It isn't BioWare. It is John Riccitiello and EA. They don't care about anything but cash, and judging from the PTS, they are salivating all over their $2000 suits for it to go live.

It isn't BioWare. It is John Riccitiello and EA. They don't care about anything but cash, and judging from the PTS, they are salivating all over their $2000 suits for it to go live.

Well, let's assume that's true. And let's be glad we are not their dry-cleaners, because frankly, ewwwww. :p

As a subscriber, I get 500 CC a month. In the early days, I suppose I'll pay for adaptive armour, or Makeb, or whatever. But eventually, there's not going to be anything I absolutely must have, and yet, every month, ka-ching! Another 500 coins, burning a hole in my pocket.

So, I buy a couple of mystery boxes, I keep the good stuff and I make loads of credits selling the stuff I don't want.

Trying hard to see the down side here ... not coming up with much.

F2P people have to buy the coins I get for free, and for anyone who has a handy credit card and absolutely no impulse control whatsoever, I can see that might be a path to ruin. But for your actual grown-ups, it's all pretty good.

Not the only way. These items become unbound after five days and trade-able. Just pay the GTN going rate for the item if you want the sure-fire way of getting it. This is a non-issue because the items aren't bound.

This. It becomes unbound, I no longer have an issue with it. Someone can sell it, and I can collect together the credits and buy it...especially considering the easing of credit sinks with the Cartel shop.

So it's also a non issue for me.

From what i've seen so far over 80% of drops from them bags are total junk not even worthy of selling on GTN. 3 euro worth item pack containing an ugly speeder recolor, minor crafting mats - that's ridiculous. I don't think anyone will be selling those super rare items on GTN since they'll be more likely to equip the rare stuff themselves.

They know they'll make money (gambling does) and so long as they thing they can get away with it they will, eventually legislation will get win of this practice and force it to be regulated, I suspect it would technically be unlicence gambling under EU legislation already.

Agreed. Don't buy the packs.

Personally, I think it's kind of pathetic if someone can't help but gamble for items in a video game simply because someone else has some mask or color crystal or whatever...

Desirable items are always gonna be popular, and people will try to get them by whatever means suits them. If someone has a disposable income, and they want to spend some money on these things, good for them. Because a percentage of the money they spend will go toward making more content for you to play.

From what I've read, these bags are bought in the store, and do not drop as loot. If this is correct, then I don't see any reason to not have them. I get the impression a lot of the complaining about these bags is less about how it's gambling, or gameplay, and more to do with the possibility someone will get a fancy new speeder, or other cosmetic fluff, that will make people jealous.

I have yet to get one of the packs but if this is true, that all the items aren't bound, then I think that's great. It gives people a chance to sell or mail it to an alt if they didn't want that particular item for their character. No problems here if that is the case.

Edit: It appears most if not all these items can be traded, but the f2p restrictions on PTS are in effect and people aren't able to trade right now.

Edited by Tordos