New Cybertech schems? what crew skill drops?

Bethmora

The droid part schems are apparently gotten via daily commendations.

So if you aren't mindlessly grinding end game content, no new crafting for you.

And yeah, I don't think that's good design to force you to quest if you want to craft. But apparently TOR devs do, since they keep forcing that.

The droid part schems are apparently gotten via daily commendations.

So if you aren't mindlessly grinding end game content, no new crafting for you.

And yeah, I don't think that's good design to force you to quest if you want to craft. But apparently TOR devs do, since they keep forcing that.

Actually those schematics are BoE. You can buy/trade them. If you're on Jung Ma I'll give you the schematics if you give me a discount (my Cybertech alt is only 330/400).

Shame on you GnatB for not researching the issue and spreading misinformation - why you'd think forums were an unreliable source of information;)

Well he's mostly correct because they are bought for daily comms so someone is grinding dailies to get them. 2 of the mats cannot be gathered by missions either.

I don't think the effort in gathering these mats yourself or alternatively the prices charged on GTN will make these items viable - my server is looking in the region of 400k on the GTN for the mats for 1 core, so buyers are looking at millions of credits to fully equip HK with these parts?

If it was me, and it is I guess as I'll get him, I'll stick with a companion equipped with 'free' columi/rakata pieces I've got spare or at worst, I'll make myself some custom parts, and rip a few BH mods out of my next drop to make him comparable to the items (so 3x18k rip costs per item).

Well he's mostly correct because they are bought for daily comms so someone is grinding dailies to get them. 2 of the mats cannot be gathered by missions either.

I don't think the effort in gathering these mats yourself or alternatively the prices charged on GTN will make these items viable - my server is looking in the region of 400k on the GTN for the mats for 1 core, so buyers are looking at millions of credits to fully equip HK with these parts?

If it was me, and it is I guess as I'll get him, I'll stick with a companion equipped with 'free' columi/rakata pieces I've got spare or at worst, I'll make myself some custom parts, and rip a few BH mods out of my next drop to make him comparable to the items (so 3x18k rip costs per item).

You're forgetting about the Droid Armouring issue. Droid armourings aren't head, chest, legs, hands, feet and thus you'd be questing with a SEVERELY gimped companion if you did that.

kind of, in the normal PvE activities given my own level of gear, uber gearing any companion above columi makes, little difference, yeah he's new and how well geared does any companion need to be.

He's a droid, you can't even put Tionese armourings in a droid parts.

Gearing droids up for dailies via traditional methods has always been a pain. There's been QQ up the wazoo regarding Illum/Belsavis Heroics with Scorpio and T7.

I'm cybertech, I can indeed make my own tionese level armorings non-specific to slot.

It still doesn't matter, haven't seen any good reason to use these so no market to make them. Some parts are already up on my server for 1.75m. So what do you need, a sensor, 2 cores, 2 motors and 2 parts? Sounds like over 10m credits

Well you have to PvP if you want to quest now, at least for the new pet. The obvious next step would be forcing people to craft if they want to PvP.

It would also be cool if you had to roll a toon in a whole other random game and get it to the level cap first before you're allowed to create a new character in SWTOR.

Edited by Heezdedjim

That´s not the problem, getting the schematics as a grinding fest...well, it is but is worse that you need to craft the items some grade 8 crafting mats that you just only get inside Explosive Conflict or doing space missions by yourself or you can buy as well paying a hell of money.

Thats just retard being just a companion.