A Traitor Among The Chiss Can't change difficulty

So I went to start the FP but I accidentally selected master difficulty solo. So now no matter how many times I reset the FP I can't change the difficulty and I can't complete it on master. I die in like 20 seconds in the first encounter. I just want to play on story mode, but I can't. If anyone knows how I can reset the difficulty that would be great. Until then I can't do the FP. Edited by FRESH_SIGHT

So I went to start the FP but I accidentally selected master difficulty solo. So now no matter how many times I reset the FP I can't change the difficulty and I can't complete it on master. I die in like 20 seconds in the first encounter. I just want to play on story mode, but I can't. If anyone knows how I can reset the difficulty that would be great. Until then I can't do the FP.

Exit the flashpoint.

Reset or abandon the mission.

Right-click your character portrait and click "Reset Active Phases" somewhere in the menu.

Try again.

EDIT: and to advance the story, do not play the STORY version of the flashpoint. Play the SOLO version.

I bet you think I'm yanking your chain.

I'm not. The mission clearly says to play SOLO, so play SOLO. (Two options are *played* solo. One of them is *called* solo. Play that one.)

Edited by SteveTheCynic

Exit the flashpoint.

Right-click your character portrait and click "Reset Active Phases" somewhere in the menu.

Try again.

EDIT: and to advance the story, do not play the STORY version of the flashpoint. Play the SOLO version.

I'm not. The mission clearly says to play SOLO, so play SOLO. (Two options are *played* solo. One of them is *called* solo. Play that one.)

Thanks for your reply, but none of that works. I already stated that I've tried resetting the FP multiple times. But that doesn't help. As there's no option to change difficulty after resetting. And It cannot be abandoned, the option is entirely greyed out. As for right clicking on the portrait, there's no option to reset the active phase.

Edited by FRESH_SIGHT

I had the same problem, and what worked for me isn't really intuitive.

It doesn't state in the mission briefing that you have to select the FP from the terminal by the door. Rather it highlights the door as the WP. I had to select the SOLO mission from the FP Console right next to the marked doorway.

Hope that helps.

I had the same problem, and what worked for me isn't really intuitive.

It doesn't state in the mission briefing that you have to select the FP from the terminal by the door. Rather it highlights the door as the WP. I had to select the SOLO mission from the FP Console right next to the marked doorway.

Hope that helps.

I'll admit that I didn't look at the minimap, but instead based my actions on the fact that the phase wall was yellow instead of purple. (So I went to the terminal.) It's an epic crapshoot, in that as you say, the mission-marker triangle on the minimap is on the phase wall, so it looks like the objective is there, but in fact you have to go to the terminal first, while the phase wall is yellow so clearly you go to the terminal first.

If you're lucky, like me, you look at the phase wall and go to the terminal. If you're unlucky, like lots of people, you look at the minimap and blow through the phase wall regardless.(1)

Overall, they could have handled this one way better. "Exactly like they handled Umbara" would probably have been a good choice. As I recall from the last time I did Prelude to Revan, the Korriban/Tython flashpoints and the Rakata one all work like that, too.

(1) In spoiler box because what I'm saying is slightly impolite.

I am, however, left trying really hard not to ask people why they tried to run through a yellow phase wall to enter a flashpoint. I'm clearly not doing very well at keeping that question to myself.(2)

(2) The most recent time I did the Copero FP, I paid careful attention to what was going on. And yes, it's a mess.

Exit the flashpoint.

Try again.

Do you mean that after finishing the mission on Story mode the first time - by accident - you can't finish it on Solo mode?

I just started playing SWTOR after some time again and played Crisis on Umbara - on Solo, I guess - at least there were some cut-scenes... anyway, after finishing it there was nothing, except that I had the "A Traitor Among the Chriss" in my quest log already. So I thought that's it, since there wasn't any cutscene or anything that told me what to do next. I entered the Flashpoint (A Traitor Among The Chiss) and played through it. Although no cutscenes in sight. I didn't think much about it, until I had to find out that there are actually cutscenes and a story that's going on. But apparently I had played it on Story mode. And now it seems there isn't any way for me to continue the (solo mode) story.

Is that possible? Oh man, that would really suck if I botched it for good. :-/

(1) In spoiler box because what I'm saying is slightly impolite.

I am, however, left trying really hard not to ask people why they tried to run through a yellow phase wall to enter a flashpoint. I'm clearly not doing very well at keeping that question to myself.(2)

(2) The most recent time I did the Copero FP, I paid careful attention to what was going on. And yes, it's a mess.

I seriously didn't look at the color. I really only play Swtor once in a while casually. And up till now all the chapters were perfectly put together, one leading to the other.

I actually got confused after playing starting Crisis on Umbara - because I thought there was something missing after finishing The Eternal Throne. But then again, I haven't played Swtor since then... so now I wanted to take a look again and continue, and thought, it would be like before. Kinda like the chapters in Fallen Emprire and Eternal Throne. Not just two flashpoints.

Edited by Shednazar

Do you mean that after finishing the mission on Story mode the first time - by accident - you can't finish it on Solo mode?

It's clear from the reports that there is something not quite right if you do Story before Solo, but I think it clears after a daily reset (12 noon GMT).

I just started playing SWTOR after some time again and played Crisis on Umbara - on Solo, I guess - at least there were some cut-scenes... anyway, after finishing it there was nothing, except that I had the "A Traitor Among the Chriss" in my quest log already. So I thought that's it, since there wasn't any cutscene or anything that told me what to do next. I entered the Flashpoint (A Traitor Among The Chiss) and played through it. Although no cutscenes in sight. I didn't think much about it, until I had to find out that there are actually cutscenes and a story that's going on. But apparently I had played it on Story mode. And now it seems there isn't any way for me to continue the (solo mode) story.

Is that possible? Oh man, that would really suck if I botched it for good. :-/

If you had ATAtC in your mission log, you should also have had the "Launch" button in the on-HUD version of the log. If you have that for a mission, use that to start the mission.

And yes, Crisis on Umbara is set up correctly - you launch the mission, see the conversation sequence, and run into the flashpoint with it already set up to launch the equivalent of Copero's "Solo". The TAtC flashpoint should have been set up like that, but wasn't. And before you ask, no, I can't imagine why not.

I seriously didn't look at the color. I really only play Swtor once in a while casually. And up till now all the chapters were perfectly put together, one leading to the other.

I actually got confused after playing starting Crisis on Umbara - because I thought there was something missing after finishing The Eternal Throne. But then again, I haven't played Swtor since then... so now I wanted to take a look again and continue, and thought, it would be like before. Kinda like the chapters in Fallen Emprire and Eternal Throne. Not just two flashpoints.

The sequence after KotET is:

* War on Iokath up to the point where it devolves into setting up the dailies (doing the Operation is not necessary.)

* Crisis on Umbara in "Solo" (automatically selected)

* A Traitor Among the Chiss in "Solo" (manually selected :mad:)

Use the Launch buttons to launch each one.

It's clear from the reports that there is something not quite right if you do Story before Solo, but I think it clears after a daily reset (12 noon GMT).

Hasn't changed for me yet. I can only choose between Story, Veteran and Master mode.

If you had ATAtC in your mission log, you should also have had the "Launch" button in the on-HUD version of the log. If you have that for a mission, use that to start the mission.

No Launch button, no. That's why I was quite confused at first, after finishing Umbara. Then I found the quest in my log and followed the Mission point to where it was to access it.

The sequence after KotET is:

* War on Iokath up to the point where it devolves into setting up the dailies (doing the Operation is not necessary.)

* Crisis on Umbara in "Solo" (automatically selected)

* A Traitor Among the Chiss in "Solo" (manually selected :mad:)

Use the Launch buttons to launch each one.

Ok, thank you. Then I basically got everything so far. Except the "story" to A Traitor Among the Chiss...

As I said, there wasn't a Launch button at the last quest... and unfortunately I didn't check at the terminal if there were other options before entering the flashpoint.