Hey, Georg, You like metrics...

... so when 1% (or less) of people who attempt the last boss of Foundry hard mode actually finish the instance - what does that tell you?

For those who don't know, the boss is screwed, he uses Force Lightning which does about 36000 damage per tick. If you have an assassin tank or dps, he can take the first one with shroud but that is about it as far as getting through this encounter goes. Zerg, pray and pray a whole bunch more. Gave up after several 10% (and about 50 FL-LOL-INSTAGIB) wipes tonight.

The 1.1 patch notes mention they're fixing an exploit that lets you pull him out of his room to avoid fight mechanics. Is this a joke? Is that really more important than fixing someone's 'extra 0' typo on the FL damage?

Could we get a response as to when this might be fixed?

when he gets to 10-6% stop attacking, only had that problem once in normal mode

We did. We only used auto-attacks from 10% on and at 6% stopped completely. He bubbled and force lightening our group to death.

EDIT: By the way, having a hardmode heroic where only one type of tank can tank it is incredibly stupid.

Edited by TheJollyRogers

33-34% activate force shroud , Interupt and continue to DPS.

the fight is incredibly easy

You know he uses it sometimes at 35 to 38 aswell. Im starting to consider it is timed and have started to clock him. Going to see if some guilies are up for some testin with diffrent amounts of dps and see what we get.

The three tries I took time got this result:

Around 1 min 50 sec start of force storm

Around 2 min end of force storm

Around 2 min 15-20 sec force ligtning

Once he had like 45% hp left(we tried to kite him), the othertimes was 34 and 38 i think.

To win this fight... Eat force storm continue dpsing through even on heroic its very little damage. 8-10 seconds after tank must pop CD's and interupt must go off (done with jugg tank successfully) However the whole bug shield and still kill people have not found out why he does that. Beaten him several times so far though, just because i've beaten him doesn't mean he isnt fubared.

Yes the timing of force lightning is hard to predict, it's generally around the 10s mark AFTER his Force Storm has finished. Remember that's AFTER not DURING.

Foundry can be done with any tank, here's my tactic.

When you get pulled in and he does Force Storm, stay on him. It's not a lot of damage, 1 aoe heal covers it no problem (I'm a Sorc Healer). Have everyone use thier DPS cooldowns/relics/etc from that moment and push out as much DPS as possible.

10 seconds after Force Storm has finished, have everyone use an interrupt ability, regardless of wether he's casting or not, apart from 1 guy who will interrupt on reaction to him casting force lightning (if he actually does it).

The reason for this is so that you are interrupting before reacting to him casting and have 1 guy reacting just in case. Tank gets no stupid damage, ends up laughing on Ventrilo and going hysterical.

The reason for nuking him hard is so that he only gets to do Force Lightning once before dropping rocks everywhere. It's important you kill him during that phase.

This tactic has 1shot the end boss of Foundry 3 days in a row for me, with Powertechs and Jugger tanks.

Edited by fuHZion

33-34% activate force shroud , Interupt and continue to DPS.

the fight is incredibly easy

This is the dumbest thing I ever read. So your solution to this boss fight is to wipe several times so you can 'predict' the one-shot ability and then fire an immunity that only one class has to survive it, and then hope you DPS fast enough that he doesnt do it again?

That is "easy" is it? That is good encounter design is it?

This is the dumbest thing I ever read. So your solution to this boss fight is to wipe several times so you can 'predict' the one-shot ability and then fire an immunity that only one class has to survive it, and then hope you DPS fast enough that he doesnt do it again?

That is "easy" is it? That is good encounter design is it?

you dont need to wipe to predict anything, I just told you

you dont need to wipe to predict anything, I just told you

and if my groups DPS is different to yours?

OH THEN YOUR PERCENTAGE IS USELESS!

So you're both ill-informed and less than scintillating in the game design areas of reasoning. Good good.

If your group DPS sucks, you wipe. Like in countless other fights.

You seem to be forgetting the part where you need a class who can immunity the first lightning?

I can't believe how many foolish people there are willing to defend a clearly bugged encounter. Is your feedback actually helpful? If not, please kindly keep it to yourself.

Over-gearing an encounter to complete it is not good design. The fact that the gear progression in this game is un-intuative doesn't change the fact that the encounter is bugged.

We did. We only used auto-attacks from 10% on and at 6% stopped completely. He bubbled and force lightening our group to death.

EDIT: By the way, having a hardmode heroic where only one type of tank can tank it is incredibly stupid.

You can acctually use a Jugg tank for this fairly easily too. Not sure about Powertech, they may not have the CDs to do it.

For anyone having trouble with him Ive got a strat video which explains how to do it.

Revan starts a 5:35