Han Solo did NOT shoot first

Darth_Urtani

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't even see the point of the argument. It was clear Greedo was to kill him. It doesn't matter who shot first it was self defence either way, and even if Han shot first it was no cold blooded kill, it was a him or me situation.

Whats the big deal? It makes no difference what so ever.

I don't even see the point of the argument. It was clear Greedo was to kill him. It doesn't matter who shot first it was self defence either way, and even if Han shot first it was no cold blooded kill, it was a him or me situation.

Whats the big deal? It makes no difference what so ever.

It's a black and white morality thing.

The hero is never supposed to swing/shoot first.

As Lucas has aged, his morality seems to have shifted to a very black and white vision, and he's changed his work to reflect this.

Compare the amount of people Indiana Jones kills in the first several movies to how many he kills in Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

For whatever twisted reason, Lucas seems to now believes heroes should never, ever kill.

Edited by Yfelsung

Maybe I'm just some weirdo minority Star Wars fan but frankly I've never cared who shot first: one way or the other. Heck it was a while before I even noticed Greedo shot first in the special editions.

The reason people care is that it fundamentally changes Han's character.

If Greedo fires first, Han is just a regular hero, probably Chaotic Good.

If Han fires first, he's somewhat of an anti-hero, more Chaotic Neutral with good leanings.

My issue is more with how BAD the scene looks now with Han twitching his head all weird, and in the last 3 versions the audio has been slightly changed. one time he mouthed 'i bet you have' but didn't say it.

If you consider it now he's really lucky Greedo missed I guess? whereas before, he distracted him and when the moment came he shot first. The change kinda diminishes Han's rogue, dashing self in my eyes. But its probably from seeing him shoot first and only shoot for so many years that the change is abrupt to me.

I was very upset when the very first post-launch nerf in SWTOR was to a Smuggler ability named "Shoot First". Lucas' evil hand was definitely at work there.

I was also very disappointed when it turned out that the name Hanshot'First had already been taken on my server. I'm pretty sure GL has snagged it for himself on every server.

But we won't be silenced. The Truth is out there!

The reason people care is that it fundamentally changes Han's character.

If Greedo fires first, Han is just a regular hero, probably Chaotic Good.

If Han fires first, he's somewhat of an anti-hero, more Chaotic Neutral with good leanings.

What he said.

And in fact, didn't he shoot first there?

yeah, he did. As han and company walk into the room, vader turns to face them. without a word Han pulls his blaster and opens up..

Han also really did shoot first in the original movie ( both the 35mm version and the 70mm version ). Later, the scene was edited to make Han appear to be less cold blooded. After all, it was the my lil pony era and we couldnt let our heros have nasty characteristics right??

For those wondering, the difference between the 35mm version and the 70mm version was the "close the blast doors/open the blast doors" sequence. It wasnt originally in the 35mm version..