Putting a little faith in 2.0 Sorc.

trulam

((Posted this on PTR earlier but thought it might be well to post here too))

So I was not excited seeing some of the changes to already more than overly powered melee classes, but I found a spec that seems to do well for now but will see what happens when it goes live. Im not sure if anyone has posted this spec yet but I stumbled on it playing around trying to find some survivability for PVP. Im calling it the Dr Who for all you phone box lightning fans out there.

The Dr Who (Edit to fix link)

http://pts.swtor-spy.com/skill-tree-calculator/sorcerer/236/?build=000000000000000000000000000000000303020202120212003220020000000003020302013110010000000000000000&ver=20

Not saying I made this first, but I made it on my own so giving it a name >.>

So what does this give survival wise?

1. Overload root.

2. Chain Lightning root.

3. Near Instant WW with both talents from Mad and Lightning.((Edit)).

4. Self bubble stun.

5. Normal stun.

6. The new immunity bubble

7. Self heal.

DPS wise?

1. FL is still king for this to proc instant +35% damage Lightning Strikes with +50% crit mult stacking onto your surge with an additional chance at 30% of that damage delt with forked lightning.

2. The new 5 target Deathfield, a classic but still a winner.

3. And 2 dots that will tick for decent amounts of damage.

4. Again as with the hybrid now, almost NO force issues.

5. Just a LITTLE tweeking and it may work for PVE as well.

6. (Edit) Almost forgot instant chain lightnings for 5 people as well.

Now without some serious testing I am not sure how well it will work, but looks very promising. I can only hope with the provided tools that I can provide enough to make rateds now, other than being stuck in a healing role.

I do have a wish list to the devs though... Not sure how breaking it would be till tested but Id LOVE to see a blink for DPS sorcs. But thats more of a pipe dream atm.

~Racelan

Edited by trulam

Been playing sage on and off since release. Played pre 1.2 where we were king. The build you have is almost spot on however there are something's that are diffrent in my build than yours. Instead of the dn

Near insta ww I'm taking 2 in conduction and chaos nexus. The reason for this is while polarity shift is active your CL and LS have a 60% chance to hit twice. Polarity shift also last 5 seconds longer with a short cool down. This means we have more burst longer with more up time. We all know burst in pvp is king and it happening about every minute while specd into chaos nexus can make us viable for rateds. Obviously needs some testing but from what I've seen/played this is going to be the rebirth of the hybrid and we will do massive AOE damage from

Ranged. 2.0 sorc ranged smash? Hahaha

4 comments in a row saying that sage/sorc will be better. I can take that as a definitive answer that generally people are pleased with the changes. Personally I loved my sorcs playstyle, but I've grown tired of lightning and how easily spotted I am, and the fact that my Sorc is a twi'lek (no hoods or helmets). I shall be rolling a sage, thanks for finally helping me make my mind up folks. Been sitting staring into space for like an hour trying to think what I wanna play.

Well, as it stands, I will use the 30/16 hybrid spec until such time that BW decides that the Lightning tree should have greater mobility than what it currently has. Standing in place acting like a turret is lunacy as it invites a quick and painful death. I dunno about y'all, but I do not like hearing my poor ole female Sorcerer screaming out in pain as she is dying... :eek:;)

Mhm.. I wish we could have some sort of stance in the lightning tree. Maybe something that roots us to the ground like Snipers cover mechanic, maybe that increases our alacrity or gives us health regen or something. Sure Snipers are a pure DPS tree and deserve that extra bit more, but for Lightning spec you're required to stay rooted to the one spot basically, so it'd be nice to atleast have some buffs to help is do that.

Merrrrrr

what i dont understand is why we dont have a stance like warriors have.ok we use light but we should get some why does shadows have?give something like more dmg on light or more dmg on aoe like the shadows can deal dmg or heal themselves:rak_02:

I can't wait til Madness 2.0. Yeah we have useless abilities in our tree that should get switched with some lightning abilities *cough switch Focal lightning with Focal Darkness* and whirlwind nerf sucks but outside of that im excited for it!

And if it came down to giving us stances (which im impartial to but hey madness sins have one) then they should go something like this imo:

Force Conduit (Lightning/Telekinetics)- Increase damage of all Force attacks by 6%. In addition, increases the critical hit damage of secondary Force attacks by 3% (double Shock, Lightning Strike, etc)

Alchemist/Mender (Corruption/Seer)- Increases healing done by 6% and increases the critical chance of next 3 healing abilities. Stack up to 3 with each following healing ability consuming 1 stack.

Dark Side Prowess/Luminous Force (Madness/Balance)- Increases all periodic damage and healing 6% and lengthens duration of periodic effects by 3 secs

Literally just came up with that.....could be better or worse but take notes BW

• 2 weeks later...
I can't wait til Madness 2.0. Yeah we have useless abilities in our tree that should get switched with some lightning abilities *cough switch Focal lightning with Focal Darkness* and whirlwind nerf sucks but outside of that im excited for it!

And if it came down to giving us stances (which im impartial to but hey madness sins have one) then they should go something like this imo:

Force Conduit (Lightning/Telekinetics)- Increase damage of all Force attacks by 6%. In addition, increases the critical hit damage of secondary Force attacks by 3% (double Shock, Lightning Strike, etc)

Alchemist/Mender (Corruption/Seer)- Increases healing done by 6% and increases the critical chance of next 3 healing abilities. Stack up to 3 with each following healing ability consuming 1 stack.

Dark Side Prowess/Luminous Force (Madness/Balance)- Increases all periodic damage and healing 6% and lengthens duration of periodic effects by 3 secs

Literally just came up with that.....could be better or worse but take notes BW

^^ this guy.

EVERYONE LISTEN TO THIS GUY.

totally agreed