SW needs to stop bringing the Dead back to Life

Reeny

I remember Malak getting a scene a La Darth Vader...(Though I personally never watched the movies and never will, so can't say I know what Vader was like) but the fans said that scene was like from the movie. And how that worked for him in the end ? Guy ask for a Time period during the fight so he can Syphon Jeeday in a Tank lolol

I guess my gripe is about how...the more time pass..the more..it feel less Star wars (which I always though was all about dueling with Light saber and a show of Powers between LS and DS speech) LOL

Keep in mind that the story for SWTOR didn't go in the direction it was originally intended to go once it went F2P. KOTFE being the biggest swing in changes of narrative. It had a number of Star Wars elements to it, but outside of the Force elements many people noted how much like Mass Effect it's story felt like, and I too saw those parallels playing through KOTFE.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nadia was barely a padawan. Kira was a defector from the Empire. The Jedi wouldn't have trusted her just as the Republic military didn't trust Elara (if she was your trooper's second in command they took Havoc squad from her).. Felix had ancient sith knowledge in his head, the Republic military wouldn't have trusted him either,

Nadia was barely a padawan. Kira was a defector from the Empire. The Jedi wouldn't have trusted her just as the Republic military didn't trust Elara (if she was your trooper's second in command they took Havoc squad from her).. Felix had ancient sith knowledge in his head, the Republic military wouldn't have trusted him either,

I think most of those characters should have been trusted on the basis of what they achieved in the company of the PC. "Should" doesn't mean they would be, though. You rightly point out that Elara's achievements did not lead to her being trusted, in spite of how much she sacrificed to be a good Republic soldier.

I'm not actually sure how many people know about the ancient sith knowledge in Iresso's head, particularly prior to his Zakuulan imprisonment. It's genuinely a puzzle how Jarak even found out about it. I think, pre-time-skip, the only people we can be 100% sure know about it are Felix, the consular, and Sera Fray? So I don't think he would've been especially distrusted on those grounds, more on the general grounds re. his missing time in Imperial custody, which led to him getting shuffled around before he joined the consular. I'd tend to think he earned plenty of trust from the things he did in the consular's company after that, but again maybe that's just what "should" have happened rather than what did.

You rightly point out that Elara's achievements did not lead to her being trusted, in spite of how much she sacrificed to be a good Republic soldier.

Thats just racism....she should be trusted god darn it, get off mah lawn youngest! LOL

and thats why I always pick the robot over Jorgan.....then Elara...just wish the ship droid was present so I can recommand him too :p

I don't much mind some characters being brought back from the dead so long as it is done right. Malgus and Revan (to some extent) come to mind within the story. I want Valkorian to stay dead since we pretty much had 25 chapters leading up to his death. I sighed and dropped my head down when I thought he was coming back through Onslaught, hopefully that isn't the case.

With any long running series you have to make a choice to either: Continue the story themes and conflicts or to try something new and hope it is well received. It seems like KotFE and KotET are a mixed bag with most reception leaning towards negative opinions. So with that Bioware may have thought that trying something completely different wasn't a good idea and will just stick with the whole Empire vs Republic.

Personally I would like something a little different brought in every now and then just to spice it up, but keep it still close to the Empire vs Republic story. If they could I would like to see expansions having these "different takes" that Onslaught did but taken to another level.