Esseles HM Ironfist

Pretty much just need to make sure you interrupt his snipe(or whatever it's called) ability. As long as you do that every time it shouldn't be too bad.

On that note, tank him near a wall. He likes to knock you back, and then do his long cast. If you don't fly back as far the tank can interupt it.

But yes, he's a hard boss. (The place is super easy after him, though.)

Edited by Freeborne

It is a great fight but the key is to interrupt his snipe ability (don't remember exact name). What I would recommend you do is as follows: After the conversation takes place do not engage him and walk backwards. The fight won’t start. Take your group to the front of the command post (where you talked to the ship commander at the start of the FP). Spread out the dps with the healer in the center (the healer with back towards the window) and the dps to the left and right almost in the corners. With this formation you avoid the missiles he drops and when the ads come out they won’t go for you. The trick is having the tank hit him from above and bring him up to the platform. From there just DPS him him out and int the snipe ability and you will be gold. Just make sure to take the ads after you kill him and talk to the commander.

I hope this helps. If not they will nerf him in 1.3 unfortunately.

Edited by Kalbin

I had difficulties first time I encountered him, because our group panicked when he does his missile spam move; everyone ran around like crazy, healer coudn't heal and the explosions hit everyone.

The only thing you need in that phase, is for everyone to spread around. The missiles will hit only the tank and the healer can keep him up easily. The DPS can keep hurting him - and should. Enrage timers are alwasy a concern.

That and interrupt the Snipe attack.

I had difficulties first time I encountered him, because our group panicked when he does his missile spam move; everyone ran around like crazy, healer coudn't heal and the explosions hit everyone.

Im a sage healer, and that is exactly my biggest problem in that fight. It is so much easier to heal if people just spread out a bit (staying in range for the AoE heal) and stand still. There is no need to run around as headless chickens.

As long as people stands still and makes sure to interrupt his headshot ability, the fight is actually not that bad.

• 3 months later...
Im a sage healer, and that is exactly my biggest problem in that fight. It is so much easier to heal if people just spread out a bit (staying in range for the AoE heal) and stand still. There is no need to run around as headless chickens.

As long as people stands still and makes sure to interrupt his headshot ability, the fight is actually not that bad.

The interrupt didn't work for me this morning. I was standing right on top of him and my interrupt key was greyed out.

Of course this resulted in a wipe and the healer promptly QQing in general what an amazing healer he is but just couldn't keep us alive because we suck... :rolleyes:

yeah as people already stated, almost no requirement of gear even required for esseles at all! Just remember to interrupt his headshot/snipe ability. I don't know why people always assume Esseles is so hard, he's got one ability that doesn't require lightning quick reflexes to interrupt, and the rest whilst not super easy if it's your first time should be pretty easy in comparison. And then the rest of the dungeon is a cakewalk in any gear.

I guess it's just that people hear horror stories of wiping for ages by people who weren't sure what to do and it's escalated into this massively feared boss, and you end up dreading doing esseles. As soon as you do it with a group who knows what they're doing, you'll see how easy it is!

yeah as people already stated, almost no requirement of gear even required for esseles at all! Just remember to interrupt his headshot/snipe ability. I don't know why people always assume Esseles is so hard, he's got one ability that doesn't require lightning quick reflexes to interrupt, and the rest whilst not super easy if it's your first time should be pretty easy in comparison. And then the rest of the dungeon is a cakewalk in any gear.

I guess it's just that people hear horror stories of wiping for ages by people who weren't sure what to do and it's escalated into this massively feared boss, and you end up dreading doing esseles. As soon as you do it with a group who knows what they're doing, you'll see how easy it is!

In fairness, the last boss in the encounter, Vokk, was ridiculously overtuned until the patch about a month ago that nerfed him. Now he's probably a bit too easy, but originally his lightning strike would hit people who were well outside the reticles and his saber throw hit two targets like a truck.

Yeah, that lightning strike was annoying, because you'd die from it even though you were like 10 feet out and it would be ******** because you'd try to explain to the rest of your group that you're not a noob who can't move out of the fire,, and that it was just a bit buggy ;p

But I wouldn't say it was overtuned, ye the lightning strike was bugged, but the saberthrow was supposed to hit pretty hard (shouldn't have been able to take a hit from it without being full hp imo) because it would just be too easy for healers otherwise.

• 4 weeks later...

I thought I was undergeared in a run last nite till I read this. This is exactly what our group was doing and we ended up wiping as I couldn't keep up with healing demand. Might have been a bit of both as the tank was going down really quickly. Funnily enough, did the same HM FP a few days earlier and that group knew the strategy of bringing the boss up top and using ints on the headshot - that was a walk in the park and used the same toon/gear as last nite.

Only semi-related, but I was doing this on my Sent a few days ago when it popped in group finder. I pulled aggro off the tank right before he started channeling his missile barrage, and when I hit Force Camo it interrupted the ability XD

I thought I was undergeared in a run last nite till I read this. This is exactly what our group was doing and we ended up wiping as I couldn't keep up with healing demand. Might have been a bit of both as the tank was going down really quickly. Funnily enough, did the same HM FP a few days earlier and that group knew the strategy of bringing the boss up top and using ints on the headshot - that was a walk in the park and used the same toon/gear as last nite.

Should've tried this back in early January when the fight REQUIRED two interrupters for the headshot or it almost couldn't be done. All you need to do is put down your pisspool and light heal the group and you're good through the volley.

Another trick for those new to the fight is to have everyone run around the boss up to the bridge (where you saw the ship captain die in the beginning) and have the tank run to the big blocking console behind the boss' starting point, aggro the boss, hide behind the console, let the boss come to you and then begin dps. The adds (which were a bi-tch way back when) will sit there doing nothing until Ironfist is dead and then you may kill them at your leisure.

Edited by Twolightsabers