Emperor's Wrath vs. Darth Nox (spoilers)

JackNimbyl

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

However, Mace Windu blocked the lightnings from Sidious with his saber. Safe to assume that Vader should be able to do the same thing?

Yeah lightsabers can block lightning. My Warrior himself did it against Baras.

Darth Nihilus, Darth Ravage, Darth Bane, Darth Maul, Darth Sidious (insidious?), Darth Revan (raven?), Darth Nox/Occlus/Imperious (latin in a galaxy far, far away and long, long ago?).

Revan is actually most likely derived from 'Revenant'. As in a ghost that comes back to haunt the living and derived from the latin revenans or "returning".

1. Inquisitor: Palpatine and Maul.

Using Palpatine as an example of an Inquisitor in this fight is like using The God Emperor of Man as an example of a Space Marine or The Lich King as an example of what the Lich King's right hand would be like. It's preposterous, Palpatine is so far above the Sith Emperor let alone Nox that I can't believe you're serious.

Edited by DarthMoord

Revan is actually most likely derived from 'Revenant'. As in a ghost that comes back to haunt the living and derived from the latin revenans or "returning".

Using Palpatine as an example of an Inquisitor in this fight is like using The God Emperor of Man as an example of a Space Marine or The Lich King as an example of what the Lich King's right hand would be like. It's preposterous, Palpatine is so far above the Sith Emperor let alone Nox that I can't believe you're serious.

Palpatine is an immortal spirit that can devour the entire life force of a planet?

"Darth Nihilus, Darth Ravage, Darth Bane, Darth Maul, Darth Sidious (insidious?), Darth Revan (raven?), Darth Nox/Occlus/Imperious (latin in a galaxy far, far away and long, long ago?)."

I expect that the writers found Darth naming conventions as amusing.

If you follow the smugglers story up to the infamous Lightwell fight, and choose to save the Sith Vavarene and kill the Jedi, as most smugglers do not, you recieve (other than a lovely and obvious fade to black scene with the Sith whether you are male, or female as I am) an email after from the Sith musing on a desire for your further umm...services, and the information that your help has allowed her to take the title and name 'Darth Alluress' she says "A trifle obvious, but you should see some of the other Darth's names!"

I laughed pretty hard.

Palpatine and the current emperor Vitiate are about equal in power. there are SEVERAL threads where people have drawn this out to every book they appeared on.

I am not asking for you to take my word just get on the wiki and read about vitiate.

I am not asking for you to take my word just get on the wiki and read about vitiate.

I have. Vitiate has yet to hurl fleet and planet killing force storms across the Galaxy, move about a room like he was in the Matrix, or mindwipe an entire planet in a single instance. Palpatine has done everything Vitiate has done or planned to do and more.

Those threads are conclusively wrong, Vitiate is extremely powerful easily the third most powerful Sith after Caedus and Palpatine, but he is not Palpatine's equal.

Edited by DarthMoord

TBh wrath is just another member of teh council. The other councilors do not answer to each other, just the emperor, if teh Emp gave specific orders they would follow but he does not micro manage teh concil

also where were the rest of the council?

Palpatine and the current emperor Vitiate are about equal in power. there are SEVERAL threads where people have drawn this out to every book they appeared on.

And those several threads have provided numerous evidence showing Palpatine trumps Vitiate considerably in power.

This is entirely off subject, but since this is the first thread I've come across that is actually name dropping the Darth Nox, I cannot resist pointing this out.

Darth isn't a real word, but it has, over time, taken on the definition of "Dark" or "Dark Lord".

Nox it Latin for "the Night"

Darth Nox = Dark Knight.

S/he is batman.

TBh wrath is just another member of teh council. The other councilors do not answer to each other, just the emperor, if teh Emp gave specific orders they would follow but he does not micro manage teh concil

Nope.

The Council only answers to the Emperor, this is true.

The Wrath only answers to the Emperor as well.

But the Wrath can kill members of the Council or other Sith without really needing to give an explanation. If he thinks they are a liability to the Emperor and his vision and rule, they're dead. So he could essentially march into the Dark Council, stab Darth Marr through the chest then take off his head and walk off.

No excuse or reason needed for the rest of the Council.

Council members, however, have to keep their own power plays and murders of other Council members secret.

Occlus is actually Occules, and Occules means "hide" in latin which makes sence because a light side inquisitor gets the name Occules. Nox is for a dark side inquisitor, and it means "the night". Imperious loosely translated could mean "government" which his for a neutral inquisitor. Edited by LordMaximum

Inquisitor seems to be more of in control of his own destiny while Warrior is largely manipulated by one or other whether that be Emperor or someone else. Not really interested who is stronger since its not relevant in the grand scheme of things as story will never make one class officially beat another class.

In regards to Palpatine dont you think if they could make him super powerfull in the original movies they would have.

But you cant think about it in proper time progression past to future. Lucas writes his stupid fluff retrospectively we have to think of it the same way as he just changes stuff to suit his needs. As far as he is concerned only true cannon is the movie the rest of EU might just as not exist. There was no technology or need for Palpatine to seem more powerfull in the movie. And dramatic necessity demanded obviously that vader kills him.

I ve personally lost all faith in Lucases writing and much prefer biowares EU stuff thats not done by him as his midichlorians and the whole anakin padme romance is sheer idiocy . The only believable part of the plot he did was anakins fall to the dark side out of love strong emotion blah blah blah. Rest of it is just stupid.

Edited by Xerkics

The wrath doesnt respond to the counsil. The Wrath is Emperor's self-appointed assasin, protector, whatnot. He is beyond the counsil in a way and he is the enforcer of Emperor's will when things go astray.

Emperor's Hands are more in common with the Dark Counsil, although they too are above it but they administer things - in direct communication with the Voice.

Edited by bliapis

When I started this I thought the SI storyline ends with you being Darth Nox. I didn't know there were other names you could get. How does that work? Anyways, what I meant to say is canon SW vs. canon SI.

With the some Emperors power infused into the Wrath (if so) plus his own force abilities vs. the SI's force ghosts and own ability...their force abilities will become equal. Then it will come to lightsaber combat, which all epic star wars duels end in. This is where the Wrath is superior.

When I started this I thought the SI storyline ends with you being Darth Nox. I didn't know there were other names you could get. How does that work? Anyways, what I meant to say is canon SW vs. canon SI.

With the some Emperors power infused into the Wrath (if so) plus his own force abilities vs. the SI's force ghosts and own ability...their force abilities will become equal. Then it will come to lightsaber combat, which all epic star wars duels end in. This is where the Wrath is superior.

And as has been brought up... neither would win.

Darth Nox is immortal through the ghosts that now fill him.

The Wrath is supposedly immortal through the Emperor.

Unless the Emperor knows a way to subvert the ghosts powers, or the ghosts know a way to subvert those of the Emperor... well, it'll just be a bunch of endless combat.

And as has been brought up... neither would win.

Darth Nox is immortal through the ghosts that now fill him.

The Wrath is supposedly immortal through the Emperor.

Unless the Emperor knows a way to subvert the ghosts powers, or the ghosts know a way to subvert those of the Emperor... well, it'll just be a bunch of endless combat.

Oh that gives me the most wonderful mental image. Both the Wrath and Nox, realizing they've been swinging their sabers/hurling lightning around for days stop and go: "Ok, time - out, we need a coffee...and why are we fighting again?" :p

There is a cure for immortality per the American movie classic that won all the awards for the best movie, ever. Highlander of course, and this gives me a moment in time to scratch something off my bucket list. *use Scary Movie 3 quote in a discussion* check.

Granted we have no shovel, and we're not talking about aliens but...I found their weakness. They're powerless without their heads!

fighting an immortal? Lop that head off.

There is a cure for immortality per the American movie classic that won all the awards for the best movie, ever. Highlander of course, and this gives me a moment in time to scratch something off my bucket list. *use Scary Movie 3 quote in a discussion* check.

Granted we have no shovel, and we're not talking about aliens but...I found their weakness. They're powerless without their heads!

fighting an immortal? Lop that head off.

Sadly, there are always different grades of immortality.

For example... I forgot which of the Norse gods it was, but nothing could kill him except holly. And Loki slays him with a sprig of holly.

So you can't just say 'Immortals will die with no head!'

It could be 'Immortals will be inconvenienced with no head!'

Or 'Immortals... we can't even cut off their head.'

Sadly, there are always different grades of immortality.

For example... I forgot which of the Norse gods it was, but nothing could kill him except holly. And Loki slays him with a sprig of holly.

So you can't just say 'Immortals will die with no head!'

It could be 'Immortals will be inconvenienced with no head!'

Or 'Immortals... we can't even cut off their head.'

Holly? Really? That's pretty weak.