Flashpoint: Kuat Drive Yards

CourtneyWoods

I hope we get something a bit harder than just standard HM, I miss Lost Island HM that was worth playing. Now everything seem to be aimed at new players and totally forgetting majority of well geared players who been very patient so far and not getting much to do apart from replaying the old content or guarding their spot on fleet.

ME to rift has at least three diff modes , they have normal Hard and I forget the name of the next level and it was pretty hard you needed gear for it . a toon under geared for that mode just couldn't zone in and think he was gonna last long .. and I read in wow's next EXPAC three diff raid levels normal , heroic and mystic i think they called it for guilds . wow is wising up imo .. SW has for some time unofficially been doing this for HM and it seems to becoming or has been for some time pug stuff . i don't see many spamming for NIM TFB or SV . even in full 78 that's just hard . hey even EC NIM is hard to some extent for geared 78 if they don't know what there doing .

NIM it seems is a guild thing .

TANK MOUNT anyone been farming it now for a while .

Edited by tanktest

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, this is a bad idea.

Actually it's not...

Do you want a good example of a role neutral mmo? GW2. Guess what evry1 is running there? A dps (zerker).

SWTOR is an mmo with a holy trinity, it should matter.

It's not that hard man...just yesterday I got tired of que times and I told my vengeance juggernaught to que as tank for a 55 HM he said, "are you sure" I said yes. My operative is in a short rundown of gear fully augmented oricon earpiece, implants, ark serendipitous, obroan focus retribution (69) boots, (72) everything else. When th que popped for Czerka Labs HM and he was tank he was concerned at first but then quickly just threw a couple of taunts in his rotation. We had him (jug Dps), Deception assassin, and a rage marauder. And not only did we do labs but after they realized we did that with no tank we tested this further... We queued four more times... Czerka Meltdown HM, Athiss HM, Hammer Station HM, and Cadimimu HM, and in cademimu the jug went afk and we took out the wookie boss and the bonus boss before he got back from his beer run with just my heals, the Mara and the assassin... And on a side note we never wiped. And in that last part of Czerka Labs I told them to open all the containers at start because I could heal through it. And the assassin thought I was hacking so he said he was gonna report my "OP ness" I'm sure he was joking but still lol you don't need a tank for HM 55s anymore.

I'll even give a name shout out " S'ydney , Zigs , Laffayette " if you're on the shadow lands ask them not 1 death and 4 HM 55 flashpoints done with no real tank just face pullers and me on heals as "Røse".

If all flashpoints become role neutral, then tanks and healers are going to be kicked out of the groups left and right.

Neutral HMs can be done if the healer knows what he/she is doing. I'm not opposed to the idea of role neutral queues. And to you "tanks and healers will be kicked left and right" comment that happens anyway if they're a $hitty tank/healer...

On my healer if the tank isn't moving at the speed I want him to move I whisper one of the DPS (the better geared of the two) and I tell him to go nuts I'll keep him alive and treat him like the tank if he stepped up and grew a pair.

No need for a tank if the healer is over geared. Grab a DPS that can taunt and put more stress on the healer to get the weeklies done... Tanks nowadays suck anyway... They think endurance is the way to go with no mitigation stats...you're just a DPS with a $hit ton of HP that can't put dps out at that point...might as well grab a dps because the healing will be the same either way...

I'm sure you could make he argument, "what happens if we get an under geared healer or a crappy set of DPS?" Well hats luck of the draw... Same thing happens back in the day when Lost Island was a Tier 2 HM flashpoint. If you didn't have the gear, before the 1st mob was pulled you got kicked. Back then no lv 50 was gonna attempt that if someone wasn't in at least Columi gear with some Rakata... Also if you didn't know how to kite and interrupt that was another kicker... Same rule can apply here... If your DPS isn't on point or he healer sucks... well kick him but this would average out all queue times if the roles only required a healer and 3 roles neutral. No need for a tank if the healer is hitting 12k crit heals.

The longer queue times for dpsers is not role related problems! Why in WoW they dont have long queues? I guess you can answer this question by yourself.

No dude, this is a role based issue.... And in wow there's cross server queues so that's why it "may" not take as long...

Edited by Jamalzero

This FP sucks. We were 2 level 55's doing the FP, and got 55 credits each for killing a champion, nothing else. ****** loot all over! And when one of the champs actually dropped something except pocket change - 1 green reputation, that had to be rolled for. I'm seriously disappointed. This FP is obviously no point doing for high levels. :mad:

No, this is a bad idea. If all flashpoints become role neutral, then tanks and healers are going to be kicked out of the groups left and right.

Do you want a good example of a role neutral mmo? GW2. Guess what evry1 is running there? A dps (zerker).

SWTOR is an mmo with a holy trinity, it should matter.

The longer queue times for dpsers is not role related problems! Why in WoW they dont have long queues? I guess you can answer this question by yourself.

So you've played GW2 for what 5 mins on a free trail? brake your brain making you try that thing called thinking did it?

Next up SWTOR is not a Trinity because you have to have 4 to run a flash point or it wont let you in! you have to wait HOUR or more somedays for a min of 1 healer and 1 tank or it wont let you in, because it wont let you run with more then 2 DPS a DPS has to say its a tank to make it let you in, and then it wont unless you have a healer its RESTARTED!

Now that would be a disaster and one of the few reasons I'd stop playing , as it has been mentioned before, abandoning the holy trinity would create a Guild War 2 like gameplay and the "Flashpoints" in GW 2 suck.

Why do DPS have to wait as long as they have to? And granted it sucks , but it's simple bad DPS (pulling before the tank does, not killing the low mobs first , not giving the tank time to get aggro etc.) leads to annoyed tanks and healers. Bad healers annoy tanks just as much as DPS do therfore tanks tend to cue only for the quests and then they're done instead of doing a couple of extra rounds. It's basically a home made problem *shrug*

The fact your claiming GW2s random area events are flashpoints proves to me you haven't even Played the game fully, GW2 has what we call flash points on this game, but they are called DUNGEONS, they are not the little random area events that go on all over the place. and Even then the Dungeons are not the be all and end all of GW2 there are 8 dungeons in GW2, There are thousands of events going off all the time around the GW2 world with new ones being added in weekly, they don't focus on the flash point idea they focus on the world in which GW2 takes place NOT the cheap lazy over used flashpoint idea.

If you want to Grind forever doing the same thing day in day out for hours and hours and hours. well your better off just returning to a game known as call of duty a game where you just point shoot, no thinking required. let the rest of us REAL gamers have our MMOs and RPGs back in a way that lets us think and have fun! you know with that thing known as GAME PLAY, not ZOMBIE MODE to many so called gamers want in games, also known as button mashing or monkey training. Real gamers are getting sick of our games being dumbed down and rushed out unfinished.

Edited by BlackfoxKitsune

For level 55. Thumbs down. To easy and the environment is not interessting enough to make enter the flashpoint several times.

For level 15 - 54. Have to try it but i heard that it is really great for leveling and at least a bit of a challenge. So thumbs up i guess.

I did Kuat today, for the first time, with my level 53 Gunslinger. I'm a casual player when it comes to Flashpoints.

I had fun. It was a good diversion from the "killing for kredits" Dailies. The insta-pop for my Gunslinger was nice. No one in the group raged, or berated, about equipment, play style, or rotation. I understand the importance of those things in other Flashpoints. Still, it was nice to group without any of that going on. Everyone in my group played, attacked mobs, went for specific goals, and if someone inadvertently pulled mobs, we went back to that player and attacked those mobs. Lol. Good times.

I'm looking forward to doing Kuat more often, maybe as part of my dailies.

so... no introductory cutscene at all? No conversation of any kind?

Any how does this all fit in with the storyline?:(

It has scenes and story, 1st go to hangar and take quest, then on ship to KDY another scene.

Short but fit perfectly :)

Well, what's the matter with Kuat Drive Yards Flashpoint?

As a 55 he is unpretentious and boring for me. The enemies barely make damage and themselves fall like flies from the sky. I would say that it's even easier with a level 55 char as the Czerka FPs in Story Mode.

Maybe it's different down to level 55. And class neutral might be pretty sometimes while you're on the way up. Conversely, a MMORPG lives from the interaction and different classes with different tasks. So if a player focuses on the class neutral aspects of the game, and that includes many hero quests, he did not learn to handle his char later.

Mostly I wish a level 55 hard mode version of KDY soon, but not class neutral.

Otherwise, I think about more different things in a tactical Flashpoint:

- increased occurrence of voids, which you really must leave (because of the damage)

- imperative target order (eg adds with a lot of damage but less life)

- changing environment you have to dodge (eg flames corridors)

- protecting NPCs that need to be accompanied for a while

- reach points with a time limit

- running for a station to clean a debuff

- switches that make the boss vulnerable (before he is not)

- a location (eg bottom flap ) where the boss has to be taken to

Of course, not all of that in a single battle. But several of such elements distributed over the whole Flashpoint would please me. And it would be tactically demanding too. Many of the mechanics listed there can already be found in FPs or OPs.

There are so many ways that all classes can even handle at level 15, and the whole thing would get more exciting. And this is my oppinion as a SWTOR fan, please improve it!

Sorry for my bad english ;-)

Kind regards

Jac

O-kay. I did the Kuat as a level 53 earlier today. Good times.

I did the Kuat as a level 55 later in the day. Yeah ... no. Not something I look forward to doing again.

I was the only person in my group who hadn't done the level 55 Flashpoint before. The rest had done the Flashpoint before, and solo for the most part. More than once, the three other group members went off in different directions, again doing the Flashpoint solo. Except for very difficult bosses. Then, they'd fight together. Then, they'd go off solo, again. Since we were grouped, accomplishments were shared. But, everyone was off doing their own thing. Based on what was said in group chat, none of the group members knew each other.

I couldn't shake the idea that we were supposed to be a group, so I followed and fought beside whoever was closest to me, or whoever I could catch up with (some of the group members used Rocket Boost).

The way it is now, other than for elite bosses, the other players in the group are pretty much superfluous.

I'm not angry about the other group member's behavior. I'm not angry about the level 55 Kuat, just ... disappointed in it. The only parts that seem necessary for grouping are the elite bosses. Otherwise, it felt like doing a Daily -- take down a bunch of mobs, click a bunch of stuff, and group for the weekly (in this case, "group" for the elite bosses).

Put a bunch of level 55s together in a group for something that is solely about dishing out damage faster than the mobs, and the 55s will dish out damage faster than the mobs, more often than not.

One of the group had to leave before the final boss for RL stuff, and having 3 in the group instead of 4 didn't slow anything down. No wipes. I don't think anyone was even defeated. Master Khoris was the final boss (I'm an okay player, but by no means a great player). We never got a replacement for the group member who left. The attitude was, "meh, I've done it solo." I didn't protest because by that time I was, "meh, I just want to finish this and go do something fun."

Edited by Nmyownworld

It's a nice idea and an entertaining FP.

But it is also feels fairly cheap and simple, it has no story or progression so I think its re-playability is not any higher than other FP's. Im always happy to have extra content (with the exceptions of bombers which ruined GSF for me) but this FP is not adding that much.

PUG'd it once on a levelling toon and once with guildies at 55.

Levelling Experience

PUG'd 1 Tank & 3DPS with no off-heals.

The Good: Instapop. Decent experience. Bolster enabling a wide range of levels to group up. Additional daily.

The Bad: Total Zergfest - Party members would run off and engage groups of mobs without using their OOC heal.

The Ugly: Herding Cats - Party members would often go in multiple directions (can you say overpull?)

Droids and Critters require level 450 gathering skill. Not sure if this is a good or bad thing.

55 Experience

Balanced party (tank, heal, 2xDPS), 55, Voice comms

The Good: Well... it's different.

The Bad: It has even less story than the CZ FP's so it's just not a compelling enough experience for me.

The Ugly: The credit payout for 55's is bad or unremarkable. Planetary comms? Really?

Once you finish the rep grind (or as much of it as you can tolerate) and have seen all the options, there's not a whole lot of incentive to run this FP as a 55.

Overall

Mechanics were limited and this was obviously designed to be zerg'd. Consequently this is one of the weakest flashpoint experiences I've had. A little more thought please.

I appreciate the contributions that role-neutral and bolster made towards making it an instapop.

I like this FP. I really do. And that's coming from someone who's usually fairly wary of MMO dungeons.

It's a tad different every time I play it (big, big plus!), has no silly scripted gimmick mechanics I'd have to watch YouTube videos for in order not to get kicked out of a group for "not knowing the fight", and even scales to level, so friends of different level can play it together.

All FPs should be like that.

I like this FP. I really do. And that's coming from someone who's usually fairly wary of MMO dungeons.

It's a tad different every time I play it (big, big plus!), has no silly scripted gimmick mechanics I'd have to watch YouTube videos for in order not to get kicked out of a group for "not knowing the fight", and even scales to level, so friends of different level can play it together.

All FPs should be like that.

I agree. It's fun and I like the "bolstering" so it fits whoever plays. The random combination of pieces is also really good. Good job.

Yes, I wish all FPs were this way. I'd probably do way more of them.

I did this new fp on a few low lvl chars the week it was launched.

Today I went to do it again on my sniper and merc.

On the sniper, the LFG daily said reward already claimed. So I got nothing out of it even though I know I havent done it for several days. Also, The weekly Searching for Allies didnt update, so neither did I get anything from this.

On my merc, the main quest that we pick from the starfighter hangar (empire) didnt update, even though I used the LFG tool to enter the flashpoint and completed it with allies.

I dont see anyone else complaining so I take it its just my account - though why it is is beyond my understanding. I have written a ticket but post it here too to see if I was the only one afected.

Bugs seem to have started after this week maintenance.

Im subscriber since launch.

This might of been already said but the Secret War quest is bugged under 55.

No way of turning it in :(

Edit: Either winning the conversation roll or interacting with him first seems to do the trick.

Edited by Celwinn

On the sniper, the LFG daily said reward already claimed. So I got nothing out of it even though I know I havent done it for several days. Also, The weekly Searching for Allies didnt update, so neither did I get anything from this.

On my merc, the main quest that we pick from the starfighter hangar (empire) didnt update, even though I used the LFG tool to enter the flashpoint and completed it with allies.

I dont see anyone else complaining so I take it its just my account - though why it is is beyond my understanding. I have written a ticket but post it here too to see if I was the only one afected.

I've run a number of characters through. The only lvl 55 I've run through, the quest to join from GF doesn't advance at all. About a half of my lower level alts can't get the quest to advance past being asked to talk to the NPC.

There is a bug thread for Tactical dailies not resetting since 2.6, so not just you! http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=720355

I am hoping we get a decent bug fix patch for the KDY soon. Bread crumb quests not advancing. Spending skill points taking 90% of your health. lvl 55 giving planetary coms instead of basic. (OK the last one I'm just hoping is a bug and not intended :p )

Edited by Damask_Rose

This issue is that your character has to talk to the person, not just your character's group. This means you have to win the conversation roll. For lvl 55s this is easy as you can just go in by yourself, but lower levels have to keep queuing up until they get a good roll. On the bright side, it is a one time mission, so there should be no time pressure to get it done right away.

I have also heard that it completes if you are the person to initiate the conversation, but haven't confirmed it.