Best Advance classes for leveling?

HarrisonJ

I was wondering if you guys could advise me on the best advanced classes to pick for all 8 classes. I am only interested in completing the story not endgame content. My play style tends to be tanking and previously I was a lvl 30 Jedi Guardian.

What do you suggest for getting through the story?

Well if you're wanting to be a tank I'd suggest Assassin. Having stealth is great for leveling as you can simply avoid any mob you don't wish to fight.

Not to mention players, if he's running on a pvp server.

Otherwise, Mercenary/Commando is very fun in solo/story levelling, because it's pretty flexible in terms of skills and abilities, and can solo a *lot* thanks to healing, mitigation, good damage and in-combat CC.

In terms of story, many people say that the Agent's story is the best one, and everything else is below that.

I can't say for sure, since I've only done the Smugglere's story through yet, and I kind of liked it - especially the chapter endings, but not necessarily the middle ground between them.

The Consular's story is nice in the beginning, but quite boring after chapter 1. I have played it only up to level 43, though.

• 2 weeks later...
Well if you're wanting to be a tank I'd suggest Assassin. Having stealth is great for leveling as you can simply avoid any mob you don't wish to fight.

i don't recommend Assassin as they have a mid learning curve and can be fragile tile 35ish.(and beyond if your aren't probably using CDs) Also skipping mobs is more for someone very familiar with the game and/or is rushing to endgame. It isn't suggested for someone who wants to play for the story. If you get in the habit of doing that you may find yourself under leveled and a bit broke sooner or later.

it all comes down to what you define as "best." Dies the least with decent DPS? Vanguard/Pyrotech. Most interesting story? (subjective) Knight/inquisitor imo. Most fun playstyle? Sage/Sorc.

I'd stick with Guardian. i really enjoyed the story and it's a fairly easy character to play. Especially when you get your healing companion, you really don't have to take it easy as much. Similarly, Vanguard and Pyrotech are very easy to level with. Tho the story is "meh" for both. (more so for BH tho i haven't finished last chapter so maybe it gets good at the end)

Sage/Sorc are most fun classes imo but a pretty steep learning curve and you will die a ton til you get it down. But once you do, it's a great experience. Plus you have the option to heal which everyone will always appreciate.

Agree agents story is the best.

Agent story is worth experiencing but you gotta have the right look. I have a buff Cathar Sniper and i just feel silly most of the game. everything from my voice to my responses were just "off" .. lol

Edited by jaytdasme