Companion Respawn Fix is way Overdue

Elfa

Hi everyone,

*Edit* There's also a separate bug fix that ensures that Companions are summoned before a conversation begins if it's started while mounted, as this can happen to players who are not in a group.

:ph_cheers:

That's awesome!

Thanks for letting us know Amber! :D

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a very annoying bug, happened to me when I joined a group with 2 others to 3 man some heroic 4 (we were using my companion, kira), and when we used our speeders, I had to re summon her everytime, and lets say I always forget it :rolleyes::D

Great news this is going to fixed very soon. My friends and I had assumed it was common knowledge that the work around for this bug was to not get on a taxi or start conversations/use repair droid, mission terminals or vendors while mounted.

I never took much notice of it until I started playing a character exclusively with a another player. We level those characters as a team, and are constantly having to deal with our companions being absent while fighting. Even though that doesn't put us at risk of death in most cases (since we're still a two-person team even with companions gone), a small part of the point in us playing this way is being able to mow through trash mobs like they weren't even there.

Last night, I decided to send my companion on missions all night rather than even bothering with trying to keep her at my side. I think it took about 45 minutes before my partner even thought to ask where my companion was.... :rolleyes:

I'm curious as to the actual behavior of the fix for this.

For groups of 3:

• Do companions get resummoned automatically?
  • If so, how does it pick which one? The last one out? Randomly?
  • If we dismiss companions manually, do they still get automatically resummoned?

For groups of 2:

• Assuming that groups of 3 or more don't resummon companions automatically, when you go from a larger group back down to a group of 2 does it still prevent them from resummoning properly?
  • Like the question for groups of 3, if we dismiss our companions do they still get resummoned or do they stay dismissed after dismounting and conversations?

The last one I find particularly annoying. I level my Vanguard exclusively with my girlfriend, and with two of us it's overkill to also have 2 companions out. So we dismiss them 90% of the time, but every time we mount up or get into a conversation they appear again. Just because we're a group of 2 it always assumes that we want them out. I'd like it if it remembered whether or not I had the companion out, like it does in solo play, instead of it always defaulting to being out.

Wow, thanks for finally fixing this, and you have me excited to see what other long overdue (or even short existing) bug fixes will be coming in 2.2.1. I am glad to see you guys finally getting around to some of these old, rather unenjoyable bugs in the game.

That's great news , I wonder if you can look into companions loosing buffs , after dismounting a speeder and after catching a taxi please ?

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Now I thought I had seen the same thing, but when I started actively watching it it just seems as though it has a few seconds of delay before the buffs get acknowledged and applied.

Edit: Last night I saw what you were talking about. It does seem to be intermittent though. Sometimes they never came up and sometimes it took a few seconds for them to show up. Not sure what the direct cause is though, I haven't noticed any commonality between the events when it happened.

Edited by Hyfy

Hi everyone,

For those of us that play with one or two others on a regular basis, we know this can lead to frustrating encounters and/or missed companion affection. (I know I've had conversations where I forgot to resummon after using Rocket Boost for instance.)

The good news is that Game Update 2.2.1 has a lot of bug fixes, and the issue preventing Companion Characters from summoning on dismount while players are in a group is one of them!

*Edit* There's also a separate bug fix that ensures that Companions are summoned before a conversation begins if it's started while mounted, as this can happen to players who are not in a group.

We use a workaround, just leave the group, summon the companion again, re join the group. Easy and simple. ^_^

Hi everyone,

For those of us that play with one or two others on a regular basis, we know this can lead to frustrating encounters and/or missed companion affection. (I know I've had conversations where I forgot to resummon after using Rocket Boost for instance.)

The good news is that Game Update 2.2.1 has a lot of bug fixes, and the issue preventing Companion Characters from summoning on dismount while players are in a group is one of them!

That's great to hear. If you are still monitoring this thread, I'd like to make a request when it comes to patch notes. It seems that most of the time(except for specific hotfixes) that patch notes tend to only list the highlights of the patch. I'm sure often times there are many smaller fixes that may seem inconsequential but would really be helpful to know about. Some people call these stealth fixes. I don't know what your internal policy is on what you want to disclose when it comes to patches, but the more info the better I think. I want to make sure any and all minor or QoL fixes make it into the patch notes, no matter how trivial it may seem. Or maybe put out a highlight one and a more robust one for those that care. Is this possible?

Hi everyone,

Will force shroud be fixed???

Well holy cow! I am impressed indeed if this is fixed without breaking something like companions having their weapons drawn all the time again. Would be even more impressed if you also fix the weapons that loose their effects as well as the very important bug of the GCD activating without the skill pressed going off. Yeah, passive aggressive but it's about as nice as I can be after being here since beta lol. Edited by demonolithic