Why crafted items are so expensive IMO.

Lilcorin

Im writing this basicly because im getting SO many tells/yells/and mails about high cost crafted items. By that I mean level 50 blues/purples/oranges.

At this moment my main mats (Zal Alloy and Durasteel) sell on the GTN for 2500 and 2000 respectively. My least expensive orange uses 8 Zal and 6 Durasteel for a total of 32,000c. Dallorian Alloy (grade 6 researched compound) sells for around 50-75k a pop. Well i need 6 of those. (300,000c) So my CHEAPEST orange would cost me at LEAST 332k to make. Add a 10% profit to it and the total becomes 365,200.

Now of course I don't buy all my mats just what I am missing when someone places an order unless they have mats on them. But seeing as the level 6 mats on my server are a min. of 50k a piece prices climb quickly. Now believe me, I earn considerably more then 10% on my sales. I also farm all my mats now. So now while the mat cost is cheaper it takes me multiple days to make an item. As any crafter will probably back me up in this I WILL get paid for all that time.

So next time you have an issue with the prices someone's charging for an item. Look at your GTN and see what mats are selling for. Most crafters base thier prices off of what the mats cost even if they farmed em all. So yes while the people farming mats are making tons of money, they are also spending it on 1 or 2 items rather then totally equipping thier toon for the same amount.

Note: I have every profession in game maxxed out at 400. It cost me a total of 350k to totally deck out my new Tankasin in Orange gear + augments + purple mods. Kinda makes you wonder why people are raising mat prices eh?

Edited by Lilcorin

The price of Zal Alloy and Durasteel has nearly tripled on my server after 1.3, simply because everyone bought the cheap auctions right away to craft greens in order to obtain augment components, so that might contribute to the cost of mats recently. Pretty much all grade 6 mats skyrocketed in price during the augment kit frenzy. Edited by Rodech

Dallorian Alloy (grade 6 researched compound) sells for around 50-75k a pop.

***? Since when does a blue mat, (that isn't even USED to make the augment kits, so presumably hasn't had it's price inflated due to that) much less from investigation, go for 50-75k EACH?!

Not sure which server you're on, but I find that *very* hard to believe. I'd find 5 to 7.5k a pop hard to believe.

***? Since when does a blue mat, (that isn't even USED to make the augment kits, so presumably hasn't had it's price inflated due to that) much less from investigation, go for 50-75k EACH?!

Not sure which server you're on, but I find that *very* hard to believe. I'd find 5 to 7.5k a pop hard to believe.

I just found a couple for 250 cpu. Stacks of 99 are going for 800 cpu. I don't understand how they could be 5k cpu let alone 50k+?!?!

Ultrachrome (lvl 6 purple research) also has stacks of 99 up for 500 cpu atm!

Edited by Splaktar