Rakata offhand worse than Columni

So I noticed this last night after getting my Ghost (DPS Op Rakata Offhand) that it was pretty much a downgrade in primary stat (and I also lost both crit and surge), replaced by acc and power. The below screenshot is a comparison between my Columni and Rakata (Rakata is in my inv).

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/chillinvillain/ghost-for-cloaked.png

Now I've somewhat come across what seems to say that this is a known bug, but I can't really determine when translating the page (German):

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=238646&highlight=rakata+vs+columni

So anyone else have this experience and maybe can link me to an English official response?

Also if it is a bug, do you think that I'm kinda...fcked for not saving the token (seems like everything else they've "fixed" when it's messed up like that they do not give you a replacement token and the changes to the weps are not retroactive).

Edited by chillinvillain

I happen to know that the smuggler columi weapons are better in every stat than the rakatta versions. However, looking at these stats, i'd say that accuracy + 82 power is much greater than the crit surge loss.

The smuggler rakatta weapons lose techpower, min and max damage and lower in every stat. Seems to me as if your stat change is intentional.

I happen to know that the smuggler columi weapons are better in every stat than the rakatta versions. However, looking at these stats, i'd say that accuracy + 82 power is much greater than the crit surge loss.

The smuggler rakatta weapons lose techpower, min and max damage and lower in every stat. Seems to me as if your stat change is intentional.

it just doesn't make sense that I'm gaining (equipping the Rakata vs the Columni) about 1.2% acc and <20 bonus tech damage while losing out on >2% crit chance and >5% surge. The trade off really does not seem worth it at all.

given that this specific knife is supposidly the one geared toward the burst dps tree (the other option has alacrity [better for sniper and healer]), I don't see why you'd want power and accuracy over crit and surge.

Edited by chillinvillain

That isn't the issue that will be fixed. The rakata IA offhand is correct unless they decide to change what stats it has. The crit drop balances out when you get a full set of rakata. At first I didn't even cash the token in but once I got a few more pieces of rakata I noticed my crit getting pretty high so I took the hit in exchange for the power and I'm still at like 42% crit.

Hello there,

We saw this thread and thought you might like to know that this issue is mentioned in the new 1.1.2 patch notes.

Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ - 1.1.2 Patch Notes

General

Rakata weapons are now correctly rating 140 and are fitted with mark 25 modifications. These items were previously less powerful than intended.

• 5 months later...
As of 1.3 rakata IA offhand ghost is still worse then the columi offhand, lose damage, crit and surge while gaining accuracy. Lose damage because the lose of cunning loses more damage then the power gives back.