Update on Roadmap

KeithKanneg

• Dev Post

Hey everyone,

Wanted to provide an update on my first Producer Roadmap, but getting it published is taking longer than I anticipated. Partly my own fault, as my Dad came to visit and I took a few days off over the past couple of weeks to spend time with him. This ultimately slowed my progress but I am back in full swing now and pushing to get the roadmap completed.

I honestly thought I would have had the roadmap done and communicated already, but, I realistically need more time to finalize it. Translated: That means end of this month, but with full intention of delivering it sooner. <sad face> This is not something I wanted to tell you, but I promised to keep you up-to-date on what’s happening.

While you continue to wait, here’s a few highlights of Game Update 5.2.2 scheduled for mid-June (yes, in 2017):

• The Nar Shaddaa Nightlife event returns with old and some awesome new rewards
  • New Character Perks to increase your speeder piloting speed to 120% and 130%
  • Companions will gain influence through standard crew skill missions
  • Full Tier 1 gear available from existing Fleet vendors using Command Tokens – this means you can obtain a full bonus gear set for under 800 Command Tokens. You will be able to choose the type of gear you want to purchase (DPS, Tank, or Healer).
  • We made a variety of changes to Galactic Starfighter – primarily aimed at reducing the cost, increasing requisition rewards, and offering all players a Gunship and Bomber as standard ships (available in your hangar).

I will continue to pass on roadmap updates as I have them. We do have an exciting year ahead of us and I look forward to sharing it you.

---Keith

Edited by EricMusco

• Replies 996
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kudos for owning up to it and staying on it. Oh, and awesomes for these:

• Full Tier 1 gear available from existing Fleet vendors using Command Tokens – this means you can obtain a full bonus gear set for under 800 Command Tokens. You will be able to choose the type of gear you want to purchase (DPS, Tank, or Healer).

Edited by kodrac

Thank you for the update.

Let me be the first to say about this:

"as my Dad came to visit and I took a few days off over the past couple of weeks to spend time with him."

Real life comes first, both for gamers and for everyone else, and work-life balance is important.

Hope you had a good time with your dad.

Not really what I wanted to hear, but thanks for being forward and honest about it.

Game Update 5.2.2 scheduled for mid-June (yes, in 2017):

Lost it :D

• We made a variety of changes to Galactic Starfighter – primarily aimed at reducing the cost, increasing requisition rewards, and offering all players a Gunship and Bomber as standard ships (available in your hangar).

• Yes! I've missed the Nightlife, and need some of those rewards!
  • Yes! IRL or in game, I like being somewhere more than going somewhere, so faster travel is always welcome!
  • Yes! I'm pretty lazy about gifts, so having my companions gain influence just from running errands is awesome :D
  • Eh, neat. I run ops and occasionally warzones for gear, but I know this'll be a popular decision with many : )
  • Eh, GSF ain't my cuppa, but I'm sure this'll get the starfighters of the galaxy pretty excited ; )

Thanks so much for this, especially clarifying that a full 230 gear set can be had for 800 command tokens. That's so much fairer for alts of new classes that you're doing and I'm so happy for that as well as the Crew Skill mission changes. Keep up the communication because I'm liking this approach very much.

Wow, excellent news all around! I especially like the part about being able to deck alts in full T1 gear with CXP tokens alone, and the GSF community also has something to look forward to!

Thanks, Keith.

Edited by Dbohrius

Thank you for your honesty. We are all human beings and family does come first sometimes! These changes look very promising so this thread gives me hope for the not-so-distant future! Thanks a million for sharing this with us!

Good luck with everything!

Thanks for communicating clearly! I know the community appreciates it.

I'm excited about the changes to companion affection! But I suspect it will lead to a decline in mat costs for awhile - people will have an even better reason to farm mats now.

Hey everyone,

Wanted to provide an update on my first Producer Roadmap, but getting it published is taking longer than I anticipated. Partly my own fault, as my Dad came to visit and I took a few days off over the past couple of weeks to spend time with him. This ultimately slowed my progress but I am back in full swing now and pushing to get the roadmap completed.

I honestly thought I would have had the roadmap done and communicated already, but, I realistically need more time to finalize it. Translated: That means end of this month, but with full intention of delivering it sooner. <sad face> This is not something I wanted to tell you, but I promised to keep you up-to-date on what’s happening.

While you continue to wait, here’s a few highlights of Game Update 5.2.2 scheduled for mid-June (yes, in 2017):

I will continue to pass on roadmap updates as I have them. We do have an exciting year ahead of us and I look forward to sharing it you.

---Keith

1) Kudos for the honesty. Like many I'd rather have honest "bad news" (Road Map delayed a week or two) then no news at all. Especially when the delay is for something as important as spending time with family.

2) The Companion Influence Gain from Crew Skill Missions is welcome; but my gut tells me you are doing that to allow us to increase Influence with additional Companions because some of us my be losing Companions we have already invested a lot in to. If that is the case can I urge you to rethink that very quickly, and appropriately reprimand whoever it is that keeps on coming up with this horrible idea. We want still-missing Companions back, no to lose other Companions.

3) Gear with Command Tokens. The only logical step left then, is to let us trade in T1 Gear with additional Command Tokens to upgrade to T2. Even if that means the addition of a special "Upgrade Token" that only drops from T1 appropriate bosses.

4) The GSF changes are welcome indeed. But new GSF players still face an almost insurmountable barrier to meaningful GSF participation. Most players try GSF once, get totally rinsed, and never come back. Until that changes everything else is just tinkering with the blinds while the roof collapses.

All The Best

Color me impressed. Not only are you bring back my favorite event but you're making gear accessable to starters and alts as well. Gsf will be accessabile and hopefully more fun, but my favorite part is that you gain influence with companions as they do tasks. That should have always been in place. I look forward to see what else happens in the future and more of what the roadmap has on it.

RL happens and should always be put first. Enjoy whatever time you get with him.

For this:

2) The Companion Influence Gain from Crew Skill Missions is welcome; but my gut tells me you are doing that to allow us to increase Influence with additional Companions because some of us my be losing Companions we have already invested a lot in to. If that is the case can I urge you to rethink that very quickly, and appropriately reprimand whoever it is that keeps on coming up with this horrible idea. We want still-missing Companions back, no to lose other Companions.

I took it to be more of a boon for people like myself with 60+ toons who dread the idea of trying to gear up more than just a handful into 230+ gear because of the gear grind. I can craft myself silly so I like this.

The idea of gaining or losing companions is completely not related.

Edited by xordevoreaux

there's no mention of class balance because class balance is a pedestrian game maintenance thing that you guys are always working on....r-right keith?

please just kill trauma regulators, defensive safeguards, and ruthless aggressor

p.s. in all seriousness I like how you've been communicating Keith

Edited by yellow_

Thats pretty good information so I do hope the full road map is as interesting.

There are a number of things that need addressing and as others have started their concerns with what you posted. I wont do it again.

We made a variety of changes to Galactic Starfighter – primarily aimed at reducing the cost, increasing requisition rewards, and offering all players a Gunship and Bomber as standard ships (available in your hangar).

---Keith

Thanks for this. It means a lot to us.

Edited by Greezt

I think you'll be pleased to know I've decided to let my subscription continue for another six months. I'm pretty confident you're looking at this game from a player's perspective and wether you believe it or not, you've just made my day with that news about the speeder!

Yes! Finally I will get the feeling I'm actually racing that thing when taking a sharp turn! I couldn't be happier with your decision about the gear either! Some of us are pretty casual most of the year and would love to jump into the harder group-content rather sooner than later!

Thanks a bunch of millions, actually!

Edited by saberscreen

Hey everyone,

• [*]The Nar Shaddaa Nightlife event returns with old and some awesome new rewards

[*]New Character Perks to increase your speeder piloting speed to 120% and 130%

[*]Companions will gain influence through standard crew skill missions

Got these right