Discharge - when to use it as deception?

jigxlt

My basic rotation is maul until low enery then spam the basic attack. Im only lvl 18, but im noy sure whether to use discharge. I need to know bc on the 2nd tier of the talent tree i have to put points into buffing discharge or buffing jolt. Any imput?

My basic rotation is maul until low enery then spam the basic attack. Im only lvl 18, but im noy sure whether to use discharge. I need to know bc on the 2nd tier of the talent tree i have to put points into buffing discharge or buffing jolt. Any imput?

I am same level deception and I use discharge all the time. Right now you should just have Dark Charge and Lightning Charge. The Dark Charge Discharge is aoe and reduces enemies accuracy in area of effect for 18 seconds. Lightning Charge discharge is dot damge to one enemy. For now do not be afraid of using discharge when available as it is one of your more damaging abilities. Just have the appropriate charge (Lightning/Dark) depending on what you're doing at the time.

Dark Discharge is great for AoE situations

Lightning Discharge is good for fighting stronger enemies what will live for a while

vs small groups of normal or weak enemies, you can probably skip Discharge...until...

At 20 you can pick up Surging Charge. Always use Surging Discharge when it's available.

Once you get Surging Charge you should use Discharge every time it's available. I'm level 39 atm and Surging Discharge with 5 stacks of Static Charge deals the most dmg for me, and when less than 5 stacks only Maul with Duplicity proc does comparable dmg. Once I get Voltaic Slash in a few quests I'll see how does it compare, and how boosted Shock compares.

Once you get Surging Charge you should use Discharge every time it's available. I'm level 39 atm and Surging Discharge with 5 stacks of Static Charge deals the most dmg for me, and when less than 5 stacks only Maul with Duplicity proc does comparable dmg. Once I get Voltaic Slash in a few quests I'll see how does it compare, and how boosted Shock compares.

You'll still use discharge at 5 stacks while Shock is on CD. It just does massive amounts of damage.

You only really get up to five reliably in Gold mob encounters or when pulling at least four regular mobs.

My priority order:

Assassinate

Fully buffed Shock

Fully buffed Discharge

Maul

Voltaic Slash/Thrash (depends on your level)

Assassinate might not do the most damage, but I swear it triggers faster than anything else and has a really short animation time.