Arcann romance appreciation thread! Haters keep out please!❤

Eshvara

Good point about how Arcann is not a Jedi or Sith. I also felt that way too.

I didn't know that about Theron and Jedi. I start to think less of my characters as Jedi/Sith once we start doing those stories with him. By KOTET I was pretty much retired until Jedi Under Siege.

More Arcann content even in a single scene would be nice in the upcoming expansion. He's popular enough and I'm sure his VA would love to do it again. Romancing the main villain/redeemed tyrant was something lacking from the other romances, and sometimes I wish Theron would have been an actual betrayer who chose to return out of genuine feelings instead of having always been on our side. Would have made things more dramatic. I'm a sucker for angst and drama with romances, which is why I love Arcann's romance the most.

Yay! I was finally able to finish it!

From Ashes We Will Rise - Chapter 19: Uncovering Shadows

And thanks, that commision piece is my wallpaper almost on every device now, I love it. ;)

You're the author of this wonderful story? I read it the night before I posted here for the first time. Excellent work!

Edited by thejediscavenger

You're the author of this wonderful story? I read it the night before I posted here for the first time. Excellent work!

Yep, that would be me. :) Thank you! :o

Are you the one who sent me the comment about sitting up all night reading the chapters, then?

Yep, that would be me. :) Thank you! :o

Are you the one who sent me the comment about sitting up all night reading the chapters, then?

You're welcome!

Unfortunately no. I fell asleep right after. I've been recovering from an injured foot. I haven't had the chance to comment yet or read the new chapter. I definitely will and let you know it's me! :)

And thanks, that commision piece is my wallpaper almost on every device now, I love it. ;)

That was really good. I liked the argument scene with Theron. It sounded exactly like how he would act in that situation too. Although, my romanced Sith would have probably seduced him into telling me what the heck he was talking about. :p Too bad that stupid droid was watching him. lol

I liked how you drew on Arcann's feelings, doubts, and uncertainties. Good job.

Nice chapter.

I guess Theron doesn't feel so good right now :eek:

And poor Arcann, every time he tries to tell her, another guy interrupts :D

Edited by Goreshaga

That was really good. I liked the argument scene with Theron. It sounded exactly like how he would act in that situation too. Although, my romanced Sith would have probably seduced him into telling me what the heck he was talking about. :p Too bad that stupid droid was watching him. lol[/quote[

I liked the idea of having Theron try to warn her. It made the whole plot more realistic to me.

I liked how you drew on Arcann's feelings, doubts, and uncertainties. Good job.

Thanks. II know that I have my own opinion on him that is not necessarily shared, but I like to explore his thoughts and feelings.

Nice chapter.

I guess Theron doesn't feel so good right now :eek:

Well, I guess that none of them do. Anger often makes people say things they did not really want to say.

And poor Arcann, every time he tries to tell her, another guy interrupts :D

Yeah well, I can't keep having thigs happening this way. Now I may need to allow him to express himself... or not. :D

Well, I guess that none of them do. Anger often makes people say things they did not really want to say.

Yep

This will probably give more weight to Arcann pleading for Theron too

Yeah well, I can't keep having thigs happening this way. Now I may need to allow him to express himself... or not. :D

Waiting for the next chapters then ^^

I have to ask, did any of you feel from the start when you first met Arcann that he might become an ally? I never got a true villain vibe from him.

I was not sure it'd play out this way, but i really hoped we could reach out to him and make an ally out of him.

I was not sure it'd play out this way, but i really hoped we could reach out to him and make an ally out of him.

I found when he's leading you to his father, he was pretty chill. If you are a Smuggler and make a sarcastic comment about giving him an autograph, he plays along almost in a friendly manner. I think once we merged with daddy, that's when it became really complicated.

Edited by thejediscavenger

I have to ask, did any of you feel from the start when you first met Arcann that he might become an ally? I never got a true villain vibe from him.

I agree with Goreshaga on this, I wasn't sure how things would pan out. It was until the end of KoTFE when Senya saves him that I saw the chance for him to become an ally, when it became clear that Vaylin would become a new threat with Scorpio.

Not so much. But from the moment he became an ally, I hoped for romance, as he was the very first male Force sensitive character in my girl's companions and really did not fit with Theron and was ready for a change. :rolleyes:

I didn't feel like he'd become an ally, but I sure did feel the chemistry!

Some fanart that might be appreciated around here.

Archimedes Anthony Tirall, Arcann by any other name.

Very nice! That really makes me sad we can't change his clothes :(

• 2 months later...
I found it odd that

Senya and Arcann were not with Koth complaining and wanting to eliminate the Exchange threat to Zakuul

I really hope that both Arcann and Senya have a voice in PC's choices going ahead.

I didn't even think about that, it's a good point, but on the flip side Arcann is trying to keep a distance from the temptation of power and all of that, and Senya is mom'ing him so that could be the thought process behind that. I did find it to be a good sign that they included something relating to Zakuul at all in the new update, though. They sort of left Arcann's plot with his contemplation on what to do with his life, and how to make up for the bad things he did, helping protect Zakuul from a distance would be a start, but maybe not the right start for the character who is trying to figure himself out and find his own identity outside of a Prince or former Emperor of Zakuul..

Edited by Jesira

Bumping because Arcann is amazing and I want more of him in future expansions and updates.

Bumping too for the same reason!

I hoped so! I felt that the Sacrifice trailer established a lot of sympathy for Arcann and set him up as someone who could potentially be redeemed. I definitely felt there was chemistry between them, especially the sarcastic way he compliments you on your achievements and the line "I suspect we have more than that in common" :o

I found it odd that

Senya and Arcann were not with Koth complaining and wanting to eliminate the Exchange threat to Zakuul

I really hope that both Arcann and Senya have a voice in PC's choices going ahead.

I agree completely. It really would have made sense for both Arcann and Senya to be present at that meeting, especially for characters who killed or exiled Koth. I appreciate the viewpoint that Arcann might be trying to distance himself from Zakuul in order to create a new identity for himself, but I'm sure he would still care that his homeworld and former empire is being overrun by crimelords. He carries a lot of direct responsibility for the state Zakuul is currently in, obviously, and I think he would want to make amends for that. He does mention that he let down the people of Zakuul in the throne room scene in the final chapter. In that sense, it could have been a good opportunity to add a snippet to his redemption arc.

I am definitely concerned that he and Senya won't play a role in Onslaught, but I'm trying to remain hopeful. Meanwhile, I'm trying to keep my spirits up by creating my own content :p I'm still working on sanding and painting his mask (which I 3D printed from work :cool:). My next project is going to be an attempt to copy this wonderful reworked Funko Pop on Reddit. Are any of you guys working on any Arcann related projects? Hint hint, Iheaca, update soon? ;)

The reason he went and tried to overthrow Vaylin to begin with is because he knew she was destroying their home, something which, despite dissidents, and giving the "Old World" to the Heralds of Zildrog wouldn't have during his reign. Unlike Valky, Arcann didn't have the skills to fake benevolence. Hence, he could not be a 'beloved' tyrant. However, Zakuul was stable. Vaylin's psychosis inevitably led to instability.

The reason he went and tried to overthrow Vaylin to begin with is because he knew she was destroying their home, something which, despite dissidents, and giving the "Old World" to the Heralds of Zildrog wouldn't have during his reign. Unlike Valky, Arcann didn't have the skills to fake benevolence. Hence, he could not be a 'beloved' tyrant. However, Zakuul was stable. Vaylin's psychosis inevitably led to instability.

He only does that if he's healed on Voss, though. If you choose not to heal him, he wants to overthrow her because he wants the throne back, not because he's protecting Zakuul from her. There's plenty of ambient dialogue throughout the chapters to indicate that many Zakuulans feel that their society is already breaking down with Arcann on the throne; he's responsible for starting the war with the Core Worlds, exterminating the Scions, punishing or exiling everyone who criticises him, for example. Zakuul may have stable under his rule, but he certainly sowed the seeds of its downfall. He also says as much himself - just like he expresses regret about it. That's why I felt it would have been nice for him to have a voice in that Hearts & Minds scene.

He only does that if he's healed on Voss, though. If you choose not to heal him, he wants to overthrow her because he wants the throne back, not because he's protecting Zakuul from her. There's plenty of ambient dialogue throughout the chapters to indicate that many Zakuulans feel that their society is already breaking down with Arcann on the throne; he's responsible for starting the war with the Core Worlds, exterminating the Scions, punishing or exiling everyone who criticises him, for example. Zakuul may have stable under his rule, but he certainly sowed the seeds of its downfall. He also says as much himself - just like he expresses regret about it. That's why I felt it would have been nice for him to have a voice in that Hearts & Minds scene.

Plus there's Koth. He bailed because of Arcann's rule, even while being fooled by Valkorion's "benevolence". The refugees bailed because of Arcann's rule. There is no way that I can accept that Zakuul wasn't already falling apart. Ultimately, Arcann is a redeemed tyrant, if allowed to be, but he was a tyrant, and was really bad at it, and the idea that it was Vaylin's psychosis rather than his own that lead to the crumbling empire is just odd. She certainly didn't help in her six months, but he had a full five years to tear it down, and let's be serious, considering who set it up in the first place, they were probably both doing the galaxy a favor by doing so. It's just a shame that they caused so much harm otherwise.

Edited by gamephil