Phantom and Spymaster gear changes

Karaiblis

As an addition to what I said earlier about selling items you don't want from the cartel packs on the GTN.

The 'incorrect' Phantom chestpiece had great utility and offered a look many players scross the classes wanted. I'm seeing as many Imperial Agents wanting the 'incorrect' look back as well as Shadows and Inquisitors. Of the defenders of this change the majority seem to be Inquisitors. I've certainly not seen any Imperial Agents defending the choice.

Don't get me wrong, I can understand that you'd be upset if you were buying a cartel pack to get a certain look that was advertised (Only the female version) and it wasn't in the pack. But you'd likely be a lot quicker to spot any mention of such issues on the forum and then stop buying the packs. Sell of the gear you did get on the GTN or if you were hoping for a change but unsure keep it unequipped (unbound) in your bank until the issue was resolved.

I'm not asking for a rollback or change that affects all the sets affected in this way. Ideally I would like to see both parties get to keep the look they want.

Just remember the bottom line is...

If you bought the cartel packs you had the option to hold onto item (unbound) or sell it.

Cartel packs cost Cartel Credits...which cost real world currency.

If you bought the item because you liked how it looked in preview mode on the GTN and equipped it, then you've just lost all that investment. Items purchased from GTN are purchased with in game credits. They have no real world value.

see highlights in red.

You do know the difference between a gaming currency and real world currency?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That statement was easy to miss in Dev tracker due to the vaguness of the thread and players may not have been looking to purchase items on the GTN at that time. Certainly there was no easy point of reference to the specific items mentioned in Dev response or Thread title. Not to mention some items that had their model changed were not represented in the cartel pack artwork.

For example the Spymaster set was shown on a male, the Phantom on a female. There is no reason to think they would look exactly the same on the opposite sex.

To be sure you use the preview mode to see how an item looks on your character as Species, Body Type and Gender can all play a part in how the ensemble looks.

You do know preview mode doesn't work on Cartel packs? So I had to go buy the picture on the cartel pack was the item I was buying.

NO we do not love the changes to the Trailblazer Jacket. Why do we have to have these stupid non functional things hanging off simple clothing. There is now no plain jacket, everything now makes you look like a fugitive from some old time WW1 movie or a scuba diver. I just want Levis and a shirt. Edited by homeloard

see highlights in red.

You do know the difference between a gaming currency and real world currency?

Cartel coins are purchased with real money (or part of subscribers perks). Buying a cartel pack to get a specific item involves a lot of failed attempts and those items are sold on the GTN.

Ingame currency is accrued at the expense of time, or selling cartel acquired items on the GTN.

Both involve an investment, one in cash the other in time. What I was trying to point out was that one doesn't force a player to keep an item they don't want and the other does.

Cartel coins are purchased with real money (or part of subscribers perks). Buying a cartel pack to get a specific item involves a lot of failed attempts and those items are sold on the GTN.

Ingame currency is accrued at the expense of time, or selling cartel acquired items on the GTN.

Both involve an investment, one in cash the other in time. What I was trying to point out was that one doesn't force a player to keep an item they don't want and the other does.

Your right...I wasn't forced. I was informed by BioWare....That a correction was coming in an up coming patch, I got that patch today.

I will create an in game Ticket treating it as a bug.

BTW, the bug report you mentioned, wasn't even translated in other languages. The none English speaking community was not aware of it at all. You probably don't care, but BW should.

I agree, that from a legal point of view they had to do it, but for customer care reasons, they should offer a solution for people unhappy with the new look as well.

You do know preview mode doesn't work on Cartel packs? So I had to go buy the picture on the cartel pack was the item I was buying.

You do know that you can preview any cartel pack items before equipping them and thus binding them to your character. 'Incorrect' Phantom chestpieces were selling well on Red Eclipse EU, for far more than I suspect the corrected version would sell for. If memory serves the Revan top a similar model but different colour was going for about 75K while the 'Incorrect' Phantom chest 300K.

The solution would be to sell the item on GTN and keep the cash in reserve, or hold onto the item in your bank unbound. At least you had choices.

Edited by Vhaegrant

NO we do not love the changes to the Trailblazer Jacket. Why do we have to have these stupid non functional things hanging off simple clothing. There is now no plain jacket, everything now makes you look like a fugitive from some old time WW1 movie or a scuba diver. I just want Levis and a shirt.

Have you considered low-level craftable orange armor? Plenty of simple clothing there.

You do know that you can preview any cartel pack items before equipping them and thus binding them to your character. 'Incorrect' Phantom chestpieces were selling well on Red Eclipse EU, for far more than I suspect the corrected version would sell for. If memory serves the Revan top a similar model but different colour was going for about 75K while the 'Incorrect' Phantom chest 300K.

The solution would be to sell the item on GTN and keep the cash in reserve, or hold onto the item in your bank unbound. At least you had choices.

No....the solution was to query BioWare what was wrong then...I was told a correction was coming. It came today. I am sorry you purchased the incorrect version with non real world currency.

Your right...I wasn't forced. I was informed by BioWare....That a correction was coming in an up coming patch, I got that patch today.

Just out of curiosity, and don't feel obliged to answer.

1) When you found out that the armour you were hoping for wasn't in the cartel packs did you buy any more?

2) How many other items did you get in the cartel packs that you didn't want?

3) If you did get any of the pieces mentioned, specifically the Phantom chestpiece did you equip it as soon as it popped out of the cartel pack, even though it wasn't as advertised, or did you leave it unbound in your bank?

Well, you are not being truthful when you say you paid "real money" for the items.

This.

They were part of gambling bags, yes. But you paid real money for the bags, not the chestpieces themselves. You got a ton of things out of the bags, and possibly the chest pieces.

Also: They were actually advertised on the gambling bags with the look they have now. So actually.. you were being advertised falsely before, not now.

Just out of curiosity, and don't feel obliged to answer.

1) When you found out that the armour you were hoping for wasn't in the cartel packs did you buy any more?

After I found out from BioWare a correction was coming I bought many many many more.

2) How many other items did you get in the cartel packs that you didn't want?

Lots of stuff I didn't want...that I sold or gave away.

3) If you did get any of the pieces mentioned, specifically the Phantom chestpiece did you equip it as soon as it popped out of the cartel pack, even though it wasn't as advertised, or did you leave it unbound in your bank?

After being Informed a correction was coming...yes I equipped it, Why wouldn't I a correction was coming.

See red.

I am in complete agreement with most in this thread.

I bought the spymaster chest then changed my mind to the phantom chest based on the preview of the looks... pulled mods... spent creds... blah blah and now?

I log in to find you've ruined the phantom set, then think about changing back to the spy master... but wait you've destroyed that as well.

Either put back the way they were or refund all my credits laboriously setting up the look of my toons.

So angry right now.

Cartel Pack are originally purchased with Cartel Coins....Which need to be purchased with real world currency.

They can also be purchased on the GTN, on the Red Eclipse EU server Blockade Runner Packs sell in the 300K to 400K range.

Hence my guestimate of 1,000 credits = 1 Cartel coin = ~0.5p

Just had a look at the Revan chest piece and there are loads at 45K and 50K. A handfull of Phantom chestpieces have been placed on at the 950K to 1.5M will be interesting to see if any sell.

Tbh this patch today has been the first patch in a long time which has made me very happy with bioware and the game.

The phantom chestpiece and gloves were finally fixed to the advertised appearance which imo looks great and I can now finally utilise them into my main outfit.

The Revan legs were also finally fixed and was something I was waiting for since the packs first came out.

Unify colour was finally fixed, man you don't realise how much of a ball ache this game is when unify colour doesn't work :p.

All in all I'm very happy and I finally updated my characters appearance and she looks ****** :D

only negative I guess is the pack seems to lack a bit in content compared to previous packs. Is there an ultra rare head piece item in this pack?

I don't know either of them. I too was busy in game placing items for sale on the GTN, Dual Monitors are great. Perhaps the lesson to be learned here is that when you do spend money in the future, perhaps a little diligence on your behalf would help you not feel the way you do. An old saying from Benjamin Franklin ...."An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure".

And I think you'll find all of the players feeling cheated by this decision used the in game precautions of using the previewer to check how the items looked on their character. Not ferreting about in obscure threads on a hostile forum that many don't visit. I like the 'Hitchhikers' quote previously mentioned :)

I don't know either of them. I too was busy in game placing items for sale on the GTN, Dual Monitors are great. Perhaps the lesson to be learned here is that when you do spend money in the future, perhaps a little diligence on your behalf would help you not feel the way you do. An old saying from Benjamin Franklin ...."An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure".

But in this case, many people did that by checking the look of the armor on the GTN before buying it (I do this all the time). The bug wasn't reported the same way like the 'legacy mount skill' problem and not in all languages. Kids are playing this game. As a 12 years old, my English skills were quite limited. BW can't assume that every player (Kid o not) visits the English development tracker or even the English forum. Especially not if they are offering the same service in German and French.

They can also be purchased on the GTN, on the Red Eclipse EU server Blockade Runner Packs sell in the 300K to 400K range.

Hence my guestimate of 1,000 credits = 1 Cartel coin = ~0.5p

Just had a look at the Revan chest piece and there are loads at 45K and 50K. A handfull of Phantom chestpieces have been placed on at the 950K to 1.5M will be interesting to see if any sell.

How do you think the Cartel Packs get on the GTN?

And I think you'll find all of the players feeling cheated by this decision used the in game precautions of using the previewer to check how the items looked on their character. Not ferreting about in obscure threads on a hostile forum that many don't visit. I like the 'Hitchhikers' quote previously mentioned :)

Well, I felt cheated....When I paid real world currency for Cartel Coins...to Purchase Cartel packs to Purchase armor advertised on the Very cover of those cartel packs before the made there to the GTN for you to preview before purchase.

In the cartel market, I have always felt that any artwork is simply that. I have the purchased with credits from the GTN multiple pieces of Trailblazer, Spymaster and Phantom armorings. I knew what they would look like on my characters from using the preview function. In the case of the Phantom chest, if I had wanted a hood, I would have already been wearing something with a hood. I don't happen to like hoods as my character (male) has long sideburns, which I like when I can see his hair. I don't want to cover his face completely in a mask. With the hooded chest pieces, my toon frankly looks crazy since he is bald with sideburns. It's actually kind of creepy. And seeing the back of his bald head stick out of the back of the hood is also unacceptable.

In the case of the Spymaster chest, I selected it for my Powertech and paired it with the Outlaw leggings. It looked nice to me and was the look I wanted. Now with the new design, the part below the belt clips as I run or move. It does it constantly. Again, I selected these pieces off the GTN based solely on the icon and preview views. It had absolutely nothing to do with any artwork on the cartel market.

For all of us that scoped out the in game pictures of the gear (sites like dulfy and others) and made purchases based on that, this is a complete stab in the back.

Sure there are players that like or love the changes, but considering that a Phantom chestpiece was going for 300000 and more on the GTN shows that a lot of people really liked the look. If I had an inkling that this was going to happen, I would have likely waited or gone for something different.

In the interest of full disclosure, I do like the Trailblazer change, but if you came back in the next patch and said, all looks are returning to 1.6.1, I wouldn't be mad about it. Right now though, I am mad about it.

I almost fell out of my chair when i realized so many people were up in arms defending this bad, ugly looking armor. The changes actually make the armor look better yet people are whining and want the old, ugly, plain and flat look back? :eek:

NO we do not love the changes to the Trailblazer Jacket. Why do we have to have these stupid non functional things hanging off simple clothing. There is now no plain jacket, everything now makes you look like a fugitive from some old time WW1 movie or a scuba diver. I just want Levis and a shirt.

levis and a shirt? maybe this isnt the right mmo for you...

Great movie, A very young Alyssa Milano and Tommy Chong's daughter were in it to. I never made an such suggestion that you get dual monitors...you said you were unemployed. I would never suggest to someone that is out of work make a frivolous purchase of an additional monitor or Cartel Packs. I am not against the correction. In fact I have been waiting for close to a month for BioWare to implement it. I am glad it came today. On a side note, It may help your employment issue if you didn't stay awake to the wee hours of the morning to play video games. In the future if you need any help, PM me....so as not to derail a thread.

G-night, keep up the good fight. I'm just mad, very mad. So much time and money wasted because I didn't check the forums.