Funny PvP Moments

Capt_Beers

I love it when your graphics don't quite catch up to all the force pushes, pulls, throws, and knockbacks you get in Huttball as you try to score, and you sit there and rage at your comp before you realize "Oh wow, I just scored" :p That happened to me the other day, and I still can't figure it all out. I was on the ramp to the endzone, just cleared the fire, I see a teammate in the endzone, I'm about to throw the ball to him and I got punted or something and it looked like I landed in the area next to the heal buff. Next thing I know, I'm flying through the air again and land dancing LOL

On Voidstar, I pulled an imp onto the bridge and then force pushed him off the edge...only to see a guardian teammate go flying in after him! He force jumped to the imp right as I sent him over the ledge. I about crapped my pants laughing so hard. I have seen this as well in HM FPs and it still makes me laugh! Silly guardians...Good stuff!

Similar experience here, but slightly different.

With my Shadow I arrived just after the Imps opened the bridge (I was in the same side but too late to stop them). So the time the barrier opens I put myself on the side in order to pull them in the void area. There were two Imps, a Sniper and a Marauder, and when they started crossing the bridge (I waited them to have crossed a good part of it to have a good angle), I pulled the Sniper. By chance, I put myself perfectly on the ledge and didn't have to push (or knockdown) after to make him fall. But the Marauder noticed, and leaped to me... but since I was perfectly on the ledge, he felt instead of landing.

I've also seen a PvP vid (not mine at all) where a guy epically fails to do a "acid-pulling kill" in Huttball.

Other thing funny in Huttball is when a guy leaps to an ennemy who just have gone in the air thanks to the vents... Leaping in the air, then falling... then *splatch !* - dead corpse on the ground.

Edited by Altheran

I was playing my sniper and while in cover I saw a stealther lurking behind me so I hit flash bang just as he mezzed me as well. We both stood there stunned once the stun broke I hit him with dibilitate just as he force stunned me as well again. At that point he had had enough and vanished.

I force pushed someone off the bridge in voidstar and he grappled me off with him...lol. And the other day me and another guardian force pushed eachother off the bridge at the exact same moment, wish I had it on video.

This happens to me all the time lol. It's like Anakin and Obi-Wan every time I jump on a jugg with my guardian. I think I have a video of it happening when I jumped on a merc as well.

Something that happened recently:

I was in lowbie PVP and there were quite a few people whom I suspected didn't know what they were doing. So after we lost mid in Civil war, I stealthed and went over to the grass side to see one lonely commando standing on TOP of the node. I snuck behind him, un-stealth, cap, re-stealth, mind maze, wait for reinforcements.

My favorite story happened on Ilum when it was still useful. It's a lesson in minding your surroundings :)

I was running around at mid just gathering crates for my daily. It was in the middle of the day during the week, and I was convinced I was the only living being on the planet. That is, until an assassin un-stealthed and began wailing on my *** just as I was about to get another crate.

I recovered nicely and it was turning out to be a decent fight when suddenly he re-stealthed. I ran around for a little bit trying to find him, until I caught a faint glimpse. He was creeping away slowly, but he was dangerously close to the tall cliff.

*Force Push*

Edited by random_kick

I was playing my sniper and while in cover I saw a stealther lurking behind me so I hit flash bang just as he mezzed me as well. We both stood there stunned once the stun broke I hit him with dibilitate just as he force stunned me as well again. At that point he had had enough and vanished.

Oh, it reminds me that in the vid I mentionned in my previous post, their was a part where the guy who played a Guardian, used Stasis on a Jugg, who replied with a Choke, and then they push each other at the same time. It's pretty funny to see.

PS : And it was edited with the song of a child play (dunno if you have the same in your country) which if I'd translate it, would say : "I hang you, you hang me by the beard, the first of us who will laugh, will receive a hit". It really made me laugh.

As an Op healer, I get no better satisfaction when I spam my Surgical Probe on someone under 30% health and then continue to see other people beat up on the guy I'm healing to absolutely no avail. Just imagining their annoyed faces on the other side of the screen makes me laugh. I feel like such a troll doing it but I love it :p

Logged on for an early PVP session waited 30 mins for pop. 7.30am yay got one.

Civil War 5 people on the team - ah what the hell lets give it a go. Cap grass lose mid. Put up a fight for snow but after a minute or so lose it.

Ops chat: PATHETIC!

then he left the ops group. I could not stop laughing.

1. A long while ago when first playing my operative healer lvl 15-18 ish (I dont recall exactly) I was appropriatly getting owned. However, between my baby healing and probably lucky respawn time I was doing great at getting to VS doors in time, holding out to interupt caps and call out over and over again. Horrible stats at the end of the match, but I got every single MVP vote from my team (the only time Ive ever seen it happen to anyone). The entire time I was laughing hard between being melted so fast and stopping yet another cap after cap.

2. On a loosing pug Huttball a few months ago on my Mara I landed in an enemy premade. The team we played was awsome with their line up passes, pulls, and grabs. They had 4-0 in like 2-3 min and I said to myself, self this isnt fun. I shifted to jerk defence to make it fun for me and my team. Being familiar with Hutball pass, pull, grab lines I vanished and got in position. Next endzone goal line top pass I jumped in front of the reciever and watched an NFL style interception. I roared like Madden and my game was one. In op chat we changed the game from loosing Huttball to keep away from the Republic. I orchastrated my teams idea to run the ball in circles through our own pass chains without scoring- deliberatly, for most of the remaining time. I personally intercepted 3 times at goal NFL style. A loss, but my favorite loss ever.

Edited by Bionic_smile
submitted before complete

As an Op healer, I get no better satisfaction when I spam my Surgical Probe on someone under 30% health and then continue to see other people beat up on the guy I'm healing to absolutely no avail. Just imagining their annoyed faces on the other side of the screen makes me laugh. I feel like such a troll doing it but I love it :p

Haha I know what you mean.

Some weeks ago I was on my main CM (50) on Alderaan...at least 5-7 minutes of just healing one of our tanks in th central turret area...no one even tareted me haha. I wonder if the imps were confused on how they lost... :rolleyes:

With my low-level shadow I recently stealthed to the East node on Alderaan where two Imps were standing in front dancing and throwing a lot of emotes at each other - while facing towards mid. So I easily capped the node and watched them fooling around. Then I stealthed back and enjoyed the scenery for a good minute until someone else came to try to recap. Only then did the two guys realise that they lost their node. :p

Even better (though not as funny) was when I solo-capped the same turret in another wz with the same char against 3 (!) careless members of a well-known Imp PvP guild on our server. I won't tell their name to spare them the public shame, but solely relying on one's big name doesn't make you win a wz. You still need some skills, too. :D

Hahaha, awesome to see this thread get so long without anyone going all doom and gloom on us.

Keep it up guys.

I propose a new WZ strictly for the lulz that is nothing but catwalks over pits and acid with crates of those grenades you get in False Emperor all over the place.

Once in a VS, we wiped the attacking team and they spawned on the wrong side of the doors. The rest of the match they tried to plant the bomb over and over again from the back of the door, but because none of them were on our side there was nothing stopping us from disarming it.. Needless to say, the bombs were planted and disarmed an absurd number of times. We won, although judging by the taunts and insults from the other team they didn't think it was as funny as we did.

In a similar VS, my lady spawned on the wrong side of the doors while we were attacking.. The difference this time was that most of our side was still alive, so we kept them from disarming the bomb, and of course she got to the bridge far before the defenders were able to. Definitely an amusing (if unfair) win.

Once in a VS, we wiped the attacking team and they spawned on the wrong side of the doors. The rest of the match they tried to plant the bomb over and over again from the back of the door, but because none of them were on our side there was nothing stopping us from disarming it.. Needless to say, the bombs were planted and disarmed an absurd number of times. We won, although judging by the taunts and insults from the other team they didn't think it was as funny as we did.

I had this exact same thing happen. We thought they were hacking to start with, but then when all of them ended up back there we realized either they were really bad at hacking, or they hit a bug.

Also had a situation where I'm sneaking up on a node, stealthed, two defenders. There's also a stealthed teammate lurking around there, so I think "I'll pull one, hope the other comes running and try to distract them so he can have a shot at a ninja cap." Except he must have been thinking the exact same thing because we both opened with a pull at the same time on the same guy. That Imp went rubberbanding around, then since they were better fighters than us and we both came out of stealth right in front of them, we proceeded to receive the beatdown. I kind of laughed at myself for our total lack of communication even while were were thinking the same thing. :)