[Slicing] Werent Thermal regs supposed to be increased?

Mallorik

Only run "Watching the Watchdogs" and "Unsliceable?" along with discoveries. Get several hacking toons. If you don't have the missions up, run all missions, go to ship, abort the crappy ones and take the good ones. Repeat. Profit.

I got one slicing toon and get between 8 and 20 thermal regulators a day.

Yes, I only run "Watching the Watchdogs" and "Unsliceable?" yet have not got one single Thermal since 2.1 hit having done over 60 missions now. I also have two toon's running then and still zero. I can't afford the credit loss anymore, i've spent over 180k doing slicing with ZERO return, so I am done trying until this is fixed.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its all luck it seems since the last patch whether they increased it or not

1st week i got 24 with 1 wealthy mission giving me 6

2nd week i got 8 with 1 wealthy mission giving me 2

3rd week i got 30 with 2 wealthy missions giving me 12

if people are having terrible luck just buy them off the gtn they usually go between 30-40k

So, posting a problem with the game is now "crying:?

Maybe you enjoy running 60 slicing missions without one single Thermal Augmentor and all that money gone? Because, that's what has happened to me. Iv'e not got one single Thermal since 2.1 running slicing every day multiple times across two toons. So, this is "crying" heh? Grow up man.

All companions are maxed affection, all screw skills are 450. Not one single Thermal drop running Rich or Bountiful Yield missions since the day 2.1 hit. Over 60 missions, and not one. I can;t do the crafting I need to do because of this.....but I guess that is "crying".

Perhaps 'crying' was over the top. But there are an awful lot of complaints and claims with absolutely nothing to back any of it up. Meanwhile, the prices on both thermals and crafted augments are falling every day. The only explanation I can come up with is that thermals are more plentiful now, and the items posted on the GTN every day are measurable evidence of this.

Sorry, but until someone brings forward some evidence that's not here-say it's hard to believe that this is anything other than people complaining about bad luck.

Perhaps 'crying' was over the top. But there are an awful lot of complaints and claims with absolutely nothing to back any of it up. Meanwhile, the prices on both thermals and crafted augments are falling every day. The only explanation I can come up with is that thermals are more plentiful now, and the items posted on the GTN every day are measurable evidence of this.

Sorry, but until someone brings forward some evidence that's not here-say it's hard to believe that this is anything other than people complaining about bad luck.

QFT.

I have yet to see a dev acknowledge that some people are not getting any thermal regulators.

So explain to me why I have no got one single Thermal drop since 2.1 hit (the exact day) and have done over 80 Rich/Bountiful Yield missions across two toons and not got one single Thermal drop. Explain that to me. Isn't that the "evidence" you wanted? Yes, it is. Shouldn't everyone more or less be getting the same results? Yes, they should. But that is NOT happening. Luck has nothing to do with it, it's Bioware screwing up screw skills once again. Since when did a crew skill mission revolve around "luck"? Math and programming is not based on luck.

I have lost nearly 200k to slicing with ZERO return. More evidence. Not one single Thermal drop since the day 2.1 hit. I am unable to craft things I need because of it. If that is "complaining"...then so be it.

Edited by DarthVengeant

So explain to me why I have no got one single Thermal drop since 2.1 hit (the exact day) and have done over 80 Rich/Bountiful Yield missions across two toons and not got one single Thermal drop. Explain that to me. Isn't that the "evidence" you wanted? Yes, it is. Shouldn't everyone more or less be getting the same results? Yes, they should. But that is NOT happening. Luck has nothing to do with it, it's Bioware screwing up screw skills once again. Since when did a crew skill mission revolve around "luck"? Math and programming is not based on luck.

I have lost nearly 200k to slicing with ZERO return. More evidence. Not one single Thermal drop since the day 2.1 hit. I am unable to craft things I need because of it. If that is "complaining"...then so be it.

Whether or not a crew skill mission crits is determined by the random number generator. Which obviously means that it is based on luck. Although I do think that they should limit a streak of bad luck to a certain number so that there aren't so many people complaining about their bad luck.

You lose credibility when you say luck has nothing to do with it, obviously with that statement you don't understand statistics. You lose more credibility when your math doesn't add up. Bountiful slicing parts mission costs 37XX, rich costs 38xx to run. To make math easier assuming both bountiful and rich cost 3700, multiple that by 80, you got 296,000 credits you spent. You're either lying about the amount of missions you ran or the amount of money you lose. Either way, your "evidence" is highly suspect given your #s don't add up. On top of this, if so many people are unable to get a single thermal regulator then why hasn't a dev responded? There are so many thermal regulators on the GTN, that it's proof a lot of people are getting more then enough thermal regulators.

Edited by Zorash

Whether or not a crew skill mission crits is determined by the random number generator. Which obviously means that it is based on luck. Although I do think that they should limit a streak of bad luck to a certain number so that there aren't so many people complaining about their bad luck.

I wonder how many people complaining about their bad luck:

1) Use pets with 10k affection

2) Use pets with +Crit on slicing

3) Actually track their results and have done the math to figure out their own crit %

Dailies are never a good way to make money. Too much effort for too little return.

Too much effort?

Wow you really want everything just handed to you don't ya?

Hey, how about the devs show up to your house and log in your toons for you, then give you a billion credits because you walked over to your computer and sat your fatass in the chair.

Too much effort?

Wow you really want everything just handed to you don't ya?

Hey, how about the devs show up to your house and log in your toons for you, then give you a billion credits because you walked over to your computer and sat your fatass in the chair.

You didn't even read what you quoted. The full context was:

Too much effort FOR TOO LITTLE RETURN.

You might consider reading this other thread, here, and maybe even the things I have to say in this one, if you think for a second that I want the devs to hand me, or anyone else, anything. :rolleyes:

Edited by DarthTHC

Seems to be some confirmation that there is a problem with 400+ Crew Skills:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=6327074#post6327074

Hi All,

We have fixes in process for known issues with 400+ Crew Skill Missions and we hope to have these resolved as quickly as possible.

Please monitor the patch notes as this is where the first indication of a fix will officially be published:

http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Of course they don't specify what the known issues are, but it is implied by posting in a thread talking about Thermal Regulators that there is a problem.

Edited by Colovis

I wonder how many people complaining about their bad luck:

1) Use pets with 10k affection

2) Use pets with +Crit on slicing

3) Actually track their results and have done the math to figure out their own crit %

Well I did. 10k affection on my +2 slicing droid. 2 thermal regulators for approx 110,000 spent on mission costs. (I didn't track exactly the number of missions). Only ran the bountiful and rich missions suggested in this thread.

I'm not complaining. I just don't think that is the expected return. I've only been able to get enough thermal regs by sending pets with 10k affection out on lockbox missions and they bring home enough slicing mission discoveries where thermal regs ARE a sure thing.

The wildly different experiences people report on thermal reg returns, and my own (admittedly possibly unlucky) experience has convinced me to NOT run anything but lockbox missions in the 400+ range. What I lose in credits ( and it is a overall loss) I more than make up in mission discoveries - running those I need, or selling those I don't use myself.

Well I did. 10k affection on my +2 slicing droid. 2 thermal regulators for approx 110,000 spent on mission costs. (I didn't track exactly the number of missions). Only ran the bountiful and rich missions suggested in this thread.

I'm not complaining. I just don't think that is the expected return. I've only been able to get enough thermal regs by sending pets with 10k affection out on lockbox missions and they bring home enough slicing mission discoveries where thermal regs ARE a sure thing.

The wildly different experiences people report on thermal reg returns, and my own (admittedly possibly unlucky) experience has convinced me to NOT run anything but lockbox missions in the 400+ range. What I lose in credits ( and it is a overall loss) I more than make up in mission discoveries - running those I need, or selling those I don't use myself.

Cool. You're doing it (mostly) right based on what I've found.

Curious if you have your results separated out so you can tell the difference between Bountiful and Rich returns? The reason I ask is that when I was tracking this, I found a HUGE difference between the two.

I like to think of things in terms of cost of goods acquired and I break down mission-by-mission that way. I found that over the course of more than 100 of each type of mission, the Bountiful mission yielded a TR cost of over 20,000 credits per unit while the Rich was somewhere around 5,200.

This was before the 2.01 patch nerfed the crit% on all gathering missions. Rich is now hovering around 6,500 each and I can only imagine the Bountiful is over 25k. But I won't run it to figure out. Once burned, twice shy I guess.

I've heard the Slicing mission discovery only yields 2 TR's on a regular success but 6 on a crit. Given a crit% that seems right around 15%, it seems much more profitable to sell Slicing mission discoveries on GTN for over 100k each (going rate on my server) than to run it.

Wealthy purple 450 Slicing missions from boxes now drop 6 TRs normally and 8 TRs on crit.

So run the wealthy missions for crafting is my suggestion.

I pretty much stopped doing rich/bountiful missions, but have run 20+ wealthy I had stocked and have a nice supply currently.

Seems to be some confirmation that there is a problem with 400+ Crew Skills:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=6327074#post6327074

Of course they don't specify what the known issues are, but it is implied by posting in a thread talking about Thermal Regulators that there is a problem.

That thread has people talking about getting less thermal regulators in the patch, as in people are getting some, but the rate has dropped. That's a big difference from the people in this thread claiming to run 80+ missions and get ZERO thermal regulators.

That thread has people talking about getting less thermal regulators in the patch, as in people are getting some, but the rate has dropped. That's a big difference from the people in this thread claiming to run 80+ missions and get ZERO thermal regulators.

Of course they couldn't be related....

Cool. You're doing it (mostly) right based on what I've found.

Curious if you have your results separated out so you can tell the difference between Bountiful and Rich returns? The reason I ask is that when I was tracking this, I found a HUGE difference between the two.

I like to think of things in terms of cost of goods acquired and I break down mission-by-mission that way. I found that over the course of more than 100 of each type of mission, the Bountiful mission yielded a TR cost of over 20,000 credits per unit while the Rich was somewhere around 5,200.

I've heard the Slicing mission discovery only yields 2 TR's on a regular success but 6 on a crit. Given a crit% that seems right around 15%, it seems much more profitable to sell Slicing mission discoveries on GTN for over 100k each (going rate on my server) than to run it.

I only ran about 10 bountiful missions. I was hoping the rich mission would do better for me.

I had read that the last patch was going to fix the wealthy mission discoveries, so I saved mine, and sure enough now they now return 6 or 8 thermal regs on a crit. My 10k affection +2 crit droid does return crits on these wealthy mission discoveries, so I'm not hurting. I just think there is still something wrong on the regular missions for SOME people.

I only ran about 10 bountiful missions. I was hoping the rich mission would do better for me.

I had read that the last patch was going to fix the wealthy mission discoveries, so I saved mine, and sure enough now they now return 6 or 8 thermal regs on a crit. My 10k affection +2 crit droid does return crits on these wealthy mission discoveries, so I'm not hurting. I just think there is still something wrong on the regular missions for SOME people.

Thanks for the info!

Of course they couldn't be related....

Yes, they are related, but I doubt anyone has gotten zero thermal regulators. If any of that were true they would of commented on it. It's funny they have commented on thermal regulators drop rate being too low for people who have been getting them, but they have never once responded to a thread about people receiving zero. It's quite obvious all these people who are getting zero are just exaggerating. I have gotten hundreds of thermal regulators and I have had a unlucky streak of not getting a thermal regulator 40-50 missions. I know what constitutes RNG and outright lying that people can't get thermal regulators.

Edited by Zorash

Yes, they are related, but I doubt anyone has gotten zero thermal regulators. If any of that were true they would of commented on it. It's funny they have commented on thermal regulators drop rate being too low for people who have been getting them, but they have never once responded to a thread about people receiving zero. It's quite obvious all these people who are getting zero are just exaggerating. I have gotten hundreds of thermal regulators and I have had a unlucky streak of not getting 40-50 missions. I know what constitutes RNG and outright lying that people can't get thermal regulators.

For those of us (me) who don't know all the lingo, just what does RNG mean?

and I believe those who say they have not got thermal regs - TWO thermal regs in 40 to 50 missions myself - but they need to switch to the guaranteed mission discoveries. I've gotten plenty but only that way.

Yes, they are related, but I doubt anyone has gotten zero thermal regulators. If any of that were true they would of commented on it. It's funny they have commented on thermal regulators drop rate being too low for people who have been getting them, but they have never once responded to a thread about people receiving zero. It's quite obvious all these people who are getting zero are just exaggerating. I have gotten hundreds of thermal regulators and I have had a unlucky streak of not getting a thermal regulator 40-50 missions. I know what constitutes RNG and outright lying that people can't get thermal regulators.

If you had bothered to read, I have gotten ZERO Thermal Augs since the day 2.1 hit. Around 80 slicing Bountiful/Rich Yield across two toons with companion maxed and Slicing maxed to 450. A net loss of nearly 200k because of it. So, am I "exaggerating'"? How? Why on earth would I lie? Am I lying about not being able to craft things because of this too?

I don't have any Slicing mission discoveries.

Explain how Math in a game can be based on "luck" to get Thermals? Math isn't based on luck. Everyone should be getting about the same amount of drops. Bad programming is what the problem is.

Grow up man. Just because you don't have a problem doesn't mean others don't.

Furthermore....here is proof that there is a problem.

Today , 10:07 AM | #22

Hi All,

We have fixes in process for known issues with 400+ Crew Skill Missions and we hope to have these resolved as quickly as possible.

Please monitor the patch notes as this is where the first indication of a fix will officially be published:

http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Edited by DarthVengeant

Look, I understand you're upset. But this is not evidence. It's heresay. And there's a reason heresay is not allowed as evidence in court. Yes, I'm aware that we're not talking about law here but the principle is the same. All you have posted is an unsubstantiated, unreliable claim. RNG is random! Just last week I ran 28 missions back to back without a crit. Then on my next set of missions, 4 of my characters critted. Luck has EVERYTHING to do with it. That's the nature of RNG. I'm surprised you would even make a statement like that.

So let me put this to you again. You are saying it's EAWare's fault and you have not seen a thermal at all. Where is the proof?

"I said so" is not proof. This is also incongruent with the fact that the GTN is now loaded with them and the prices continue to fall. If the system is broken, perhaps you can explain to me why the price is low instead of high? Surely if thermals were as rare as you claim, the prices would not have dropped more than 50% since 2.0.1?

Explain how Math in a game can be based on "luck" to get Thermals? Math isn't based on luck. Everyone should be getting about the same amount of drops. Bad programming is what the problem is.

Grow up man. Just because you don't have a problem doesn't mean others don't.

Furthermore....here is proof that there is a problem.

I don't even know what to say. You are so blind with rage and at the same time, completely ignorant about how a basic system in the game works.

This is also incongruent with the fact that the GTN is now loaded with them and the prices continue to fall. If the system is broken, perhaps you can explain to me why the price is low instead of high? Surely if thermals were as rare as you claim, the prices would not have dropped more than 50% since 2.0.1?

This fact (the dropping of price) is the most telling piece of evidence.

Thermal Regulators went from 200k, down to 150k, down to 100k, down to 75k, down to 40k.

The reason is simple. Supply is greater than demand. More people selling than buying means that players have to keep undercutting one another to make their product move.

So either:

a) The drop rate is still terrible, but nobody is buying Thermal Regulators, or

b) The drop rate is good for some, bad for others, but overall vastly improved.

Hello,

I want to share my experirence to help dev to search after this bug.

It went better after the correction announced. Then it went worst since Tuesday 13th and the update.

So I think that the correction disappeared.

I was about receiving per day, between 2 and 4 Reg before correction.

After correction, I was around 10 / 12 reg per day.

And since last tuesday I'm receiving 0 per day !!

I haven't changed anything on my partners, all the affection are up to 10 000.

Hope these informations will help.

Rgds.