lvl 55 Flashpoints are too hard, drop **** loot and are mostly overrun by pugs...

I kinda understand what Bioware had in mind when they released those lvl 55 fp's, they probably thought: "hey most of our players are columi/BH geared so let's give them a good challenge!", good idea... in theory.

See, the problem is the new players, you see, most of them, the first thing they want to do is reaching lvl 55, and since it's so easy to reach it by only doing planetary quests they probably didn't bother doing (and probably never will) our beloved lvl 50 fp's to gear up properly. So what do you see? Pugs in lvl 55 fp's. What happens? lots of wipes followed by trashtalk and ragequitting...

There is another problem: the quality of the loot.

It's bad, a couple of Black Market gear, some crappy blue mods bracers for such hard instances? Meh.

In my opinion lvl 55 flashpoints should have their difficulty toned down so everyone, especially the new players, could enjoy them, and, like pre-2.0 when drops were columi (set bonuses armors), the loot should be arkanian gear.

And ibf L2P UURR DUUR, the goal is to bring new players and introduce them properly for high lvl content, flashpoints should be like the beginner's step to that direction, and not a 4 man operation raid.

Remember Bioware, you want to attract customers, even the noobiest ones, not scare them away, this is Star Wars, not Eve online.

Edited by yoomazir

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No! Absolutly not.

Enough with the requests for nerfs already, pretty soon you will have noone to play with except casual cluelss players because the good ones will leave out of boredom.

If players are not properly gearing up for lvel 55 HM flashpoints it's their own fault, the recommended item rating is 148. This means most players should be able to do them with 148 rating gear, more skilled players with worse gear, and less skilled with better.

The reason people are wiping on flashpoints now is because they have ran the old level 50 hard mode flashpoints way overgeared for months. Noone uses CC, trash pulls aren't properly tanked, kill orders and tactics are nowhere to be heard of.

Also there is absolutly no reason to drop Arkanian gear on flashpoints because you do not need it to complete story mode operations, which actually drop Arkanian. You are asking to skip gear progression. Basically:

• If you only run flashpoints and never set foot on story mode operations you shouldn't have nor need Arkanian gear.
  • If you only run story mode operations and never set foot on hard mode operations you shouldn't have nor need Underworld gear.

Back in my day games had difficulty modes (Easy, Normal, Hard, Nightmare) Players chose the mode that matched their skill and didn't complain. Hard modes were indeed hard and some nightmare modes were pretty much unbeatable with only a handful of people in the world got through them.

Nowadays people think that if they can't do some nightmare mode operation then it requires a nerf. It doesn't! From the moment someone clears it then it is doable. If others can't match the achievement the problema is them, not the game.

Stop trivializing achievements in game by making sure everyone can do them.

I kinda understand what Bioware had in mid when they released those lvl 55 fp's, they probably thought: "hey most of our players are columi/BH geared so let's give them a good challenge!", good idea... in theory.

See, the problem is the new players, you see, most of them, the first thing they want to do is reaching lvl 55, and since it's so easy to reach it by only doing planetary quests they probably didn't bother doing (and probably never will) our beloved lvl 50 fp's to gear up properly. So what do you see? Pugs in lvl 55 fp's. What happens? lots of wipes followed by trashtalk and ragequitting...

It's bad, a couple of Black Market gear, some crappy blue mods bracers for such hard instances? Meh.

In my opinion lvl 55 flashpoints should have their difficulty toned down so everyone, especially the new players, could enjoy them, and, like pre-2.0 when drops were columi (set bonuses armors), the loot should be arkanian gear.

And ibf L2P UURR DUUR, the goal is to bring new players and introduce them properly for high lvl content, flashpoints should be like the beginner's step to that direction, and not a 4 man operation raid.

Remember Bioware, you want to attract customers, even the noobiest ones, not scare them away, this is Star Wars, not Eve online.

No.

First, the FPs aren't too hard. You can do them in 63s (you can craft purple 66s with purchasable crew skill schematics).

Second, the gear drops are designed to encourage repetition and progression. If they ramped up the loot drops, everyone would just run the thing once then whine about the lack of new content.

Thirdly, I'm glad that there is finally something that is reserved for raiding. Having to run ops to get the set bonuses makes running the ops meaningful. Flashpoints shouldn't drop operations-level gear.

Lastly, I could care less about new players. Honestly, f2p has been a giant pain. I've stopped entering the GF queue unless I'm in a group with most of my guildies. There are too many bad/inexperienced players out there to make it worthwhile to pug (especially with the increase in repair costs).

Just.... no.

In my opinion lvl 55 flashpoints should have their difficulty toned down so everyone, especially the new players, could enjoy them

If you tone them down then everyone still won't enjoy them, because many will get bored of them. They can be challenging the first time, in an undergeared group, but they're far from too hard. I dread to think how easy (aka boring) they'll be once everyone is full 69+.

There are plenty of level 50 FPs for that.

The same applies for the core customer base. Bore them to death and they'll leave.

I kinda understand what Bioware had in mid when they released those lvl 55 fp's, they probably thought: "hey most of our players are columi/BH geared so let's give them a good challenge!", good idea... in theory.

Really? Do we really need another QQ thread from someone that thinks 55 HM FP's are too friggin hard?

You're crying that they drop Black Market loot,correct? Newsflash!: If you're in full/mostly Black Market gear, then you're overgeared for these 55 HM FP's!!!

Man up and L2P, they are not hard..... you just can't expect to faceroll them like you were doing in Boarding Party.

Keep things that are "hard" hard, and I am pretty sure any instance is much easier when you actually approach it with your gear level in mind, if you can't take on 4-5 mobs at once, use some cc, if you can, then nuke them all down. New players can progress like any other player, I am taking my time to get all 8 ACs to 55 and I will be progressing each one too once I get there.

If you dont have the gear use the dailies to get better gear, thats the progression. your not supposed to pop into a HM FP as soon as you hit 55 unless you have some decent gear and you can get alot of decent gear from lvl 50 FP and dailies.

Do those then proceed to lvl 55 HM and the ops SM and lastly OPS HM

No... Just plain no.

I have been doing HM 55's for less than a week, and you know what? They are already too easy for me. Biggest learning curve was the different Boss mechanics and thats not rocket science. Do em once and thats that.

Had a horrible night of pugs in Lost Island second boss, despite telling the group exactly how too stack underneath him and stay there... We wipe 6 times from players standing away from him when he rages.

I mean stacking under his ballz is so difficult.

I would like them even harder and cant wait to do my first 55 OP.

They are hard? That's news to me.

When myself and two friends (gunslinger, commando, and scoundrel healer) hit 55 using 58 mods we were clearing them no problem. Before you say we were carried by the tanks, they were usually hovering at around 27k hp. We just used CC when we could and if we wiped on a boss, it was because we didn't know what the fight was about in the new HM version of them. With a quick tweak to strategy instead of just doing whatever, we killed the boss in the next try. So to say they are hard is really nothing but a learn to play issue.

First of all, HM means Hard Mode. HARD mode. It's always funny when someone asks to nerf HM/NiM fp/operation.

Then you say about gear requirements. The flashpoints can be done in 61/63 mix or even 58s if you're good enough. 50 lvl flashpoints ans operations drops 61/63 gear( and groups almost always contain 90 % 55 lvls so it it is walk in the park). Not to mention you can buy 1-2 66 gear pieces when you complete Makeb.

Loot is not that good but well... It's almost same system as pre 2.0. You was getting full tionese set at the start and all bosses except last one were dropping tionese or even worse. Only last boss was dropping Columi. Now we have bonus boss and last drops Black Market.

And last but not the least. After 2-3 completing these flashpoints become too easy. And now you are asking to make them even easier?

Black Market gear is more than enough to run hard mode operations. What do you think it should drop? I'm guessing you gear that instantly pushes your stats to the hard caps. Seriously, HM flashpoints aren't difficult, and even if they were, Black Market gear is a mere one step below the best gear in the game.

The game is finally becoming really engaging and fun at level cap. I haven't rolled a new alt since the expansion came out, and its due to the content being much more rich and engaging. Nerfing the new flashpoints would be a strong step towards the death of this game.

If you don't like the PUGs then why don't you get a guild and run with them?

If you don't like the PUGs then why don't you get a guild and run with them?

I do, it's the only way, I hope you guys don't think I wasn't capable of clearing those fp's, I had the Warstalker title way before 2.0, it's just that a lot of players, I repeat, A LOT OF PLAYERS, simply can't run a lvl 55 FP, even when you o explain to them step by step what to do.

And about the quality of the gear, BM is enough? Maybe, but why do I feel it's a retrograde? Maybe because pre-2.0 HM FPs dropped gear set bonuses, and now, in these lvl 55, you don't get gear with set bonuses. Some people don't care, like most of the posters here, but I do, simple as that.

Edited by yoomazir

I do, it's the only way, I hope you guys don't think I wasn't capable of clearing those fp's, I had the Warstalker title way before 2.0, it's just that a lot of players, I repeat, A LOT OF PLAYERS, simply can't run a lvl 55 FP, even when you o explain to them step by step what to do.

And about the quality of the gear, BM is enough? Maybe, but why do I feel it's a retrograde? Maybe because pre-2.0 HM FPs dropped gear set bonuses, and now, in these lvl 55, you don't get gear with set bonuses. Some people don't care, like most of the posters here, but I do, simple as that.

Players = People and People = mostly idiots. So obviously there will be PUGs that can't do an HM FP.

With a few exceptions, the set bonus isn't really all that great anyways. If you are really concerned about them you can upgrade armorings last. In at least one instance you can get a 30% bonus to AOE healing by combining old set bonuses with the new ones.

I think those of us who've been playing since launch got too used to facerolling HMs, as we seriously outgeared all but LI for months. It's a bit of shock finally having FP's require things like strategies, cc. and coordination.

I don't think that's a bad thing. It's a lot more engaging than barreling through The Foundry for the 35th time for comms and everyone vendors the gear drops.

1) The overall difficulty is fine. I've beaten every boss in the 55 HMs except the bonus boss in Hammer Station, and that is only because I've only drawn that FP once (the GF seems obsessed with putting me in Mando Raiders), and had an undergeared healer. Endgame content should require at least a degree of competence. However, I do think some adjustment is in order.

First, some of the trash pulls need to be adjusted, because random mobs shouldn't be harder than some of the boss fights. There's one pull in Mando Raiders with 5 or 6 of those dogs that I've seen wipe as many groups as any of the bosses, and I think that is a little too much.

Second, I think things should be evened out between mdps and rdps. Currently, a lot of the bosses are much more punishing for mdps than rdps. One of the most popular mechanics seems to involve putting up aoe circles under the boss, which is a major pain for mdps, but doesn't affect rdps at all. I think the mechanics need to be more fair for the different classes.

2) The quality of the drops (BM gear) is fine, but I am getting frustrated with the way it is distributed. I much preferred the unassembled tokens from pre-2.0. For one, they gave you a better chance at getting a drop. Second, since each FP dropped a specific token, you knew which FPs to run to get the gear you needed. For instance, if you needed the chest, you could just run FE until it dropped. When I hit 50, I was in almost full Columi in a week. But now, since I've hit 55, I've only gotten 3 pieces of BM gear from drops in over 2 weeks of running 55 HM FPs. I've gotten as much gear from Elite Comms as from drops, and considering how many FPs you have to run to grind out Elite Comms, that is frustrating.

My best advice is to just run with a guild. If your guild does not help you run FPs find a new guild. Many of these new 55 FPs require goodf communication and a plan on top of decent gear.

Think about it THERE IS A REASON BIOWARE IS NOW GIVING US A 5% BOOST TO JOIN A GUILD. You need them to survive!

I am not saying it is impossible to do well with a pug, I have only run into a couple where you can, but you are far better running with guildies or other players on your friend list.

Lastly, I could care less about new players. Honestly, f2p has been a giant pain. I've stopped entering the GF queue unless I'm in a group with most of my guildies. There are too many bad/inexperienced players out there to make it worthwhile to pug (especially with the increase in repair costs).

That's the problem. Inexperienced players could use people that would teach them how to LoS pull, how to fight bossess and such. I don't mind paying repairs for few wipes, just to teach people thing or two. Because having more players, who learn how to play benefits the game as whole.

And there is more problem caused by the "experienced" players in their new great gear. Met few of those today. "Oh, we are in 69, we can steamroll everything. We don't need CC, just AoE" - that pull with two elite droids at Hammer station ended in two wipes, because they didn't bother to LoS pull and CC... Then I had a run with unexperienced players who played smart, listened to advice and learned. And I rather run the stuff with those than with elitists who think that gear > skill.

Edited by MorgothPl

Another thing is: Basic Gear, does Bioware think people are bothering grinding that gear before reaching lvl 55? Everyone I know only picked the mainhand/offhand and some occasional gear piece, no one cares about basic coms.

Seriously what's the gearing process?

step 1: basic gear

step 2: black market gear

step 3: arkanian gear

step 4: verpine gear

step 5: underworld gear

Not to mention the Campaign/Dread Guard gear

Yeah, not really, Bioware has introduced a useless amount of gear process, that most people, if nt all will never, ever, bother to get.

Like I said, BW could have simply introduced Arkanian/BM gear on FPs, Verpine for OPs SM & Underworld for OPs HM, there simple as that, and simply remove all the useless stuff that no one cares.

Edited by yoomazir

You can beat the non bonus non final bosses quite easily in pretty weak gear and that gear is like slightly worse than Basic Gear. The only boss that's a strict gear check is the bonus boss in Hammer Station, followed by the final boss in Mandolorian Raiders. I've beaten the latter with a pretty weak group, though no such luck on the former (if you don't meet the enrage timer no amount of cleverness can work). So that leaves at most 2 out of 8 bosses you can't beat even if you've rather atrocious gear. The 6 bosses that drop Black Market loot plus the elite comms will get the gear you need to beat the last 2, and honestly it doesn't take very much to beat Mandolorian Raiders either.

Another issue with the gear is you could basically lvl to 55 without having to change out of your BH gear. The gap between the old max lvl and new max lvl is not represented by length in questing nor in difficulty of the quests. Should have had to start fresh....lvl into a bunch of green/blue mixtures before you even got to 55 in order to complete the Heroics and even the non heroics during the weekly makeb missions. Then you start the HM grind after dailies. Once again BW produced a game that the content was crushed only to leave people without anything to do only 3 weeks after its release.

It's undergeared players who are the issue. my full-69 raid healing scoundrel with fully augmented gear and the lvl 72 gloves has 31k health self buffed. when I run a daily or weekly either for fun or to get comms for at this point min-maxing a mod or enhance here or there and I get two dps with 17k health or a tank with 21k health then it's going to be a fail undertaking.

I understand I'm near the top gearwise but how on earth a 55 can have health in the mid teens (my lvl 51 slinger is sitting at 23k health - I will admit to aug'd raid-level gear from vanilla along with a couple classic com purchases) and expect to do a HARDMODE is crazy. they call it 'HARD' in the title of the experience. you can't do HARD with quest greens and blues.

perhaps can carry one dps if i also push dps when not needing to heal - orbital strikes and dots and some pew-pew, but when both dps are woefully undergeared it's a no-chance scenario.. especially bonus bosses. and if i have almost 10k more HP as the healer than the tank has?? no chance at all as I end up heal-aggro and de-facto tanking most of the encounters and that also is failing strat.

the moral of the story: do regulars to gear up. don't ding 55 - que HM's !!!!! if you want a carry join a guild and you can likely organize carry ops/HM's to get you geared.. dont expect pugs to /LFG carry you. it's not all about you

the moral of the story: do regulars to gear up. don't ding 55

Worst advice ever, why not: "Don't play this game!" instead?

Besides, probably 99,999% of players rushes to get to lvl 55, is it bad? Maybe, but that always happens in any gear grinding game, why bother spending hours for a gear that you are going to discard 1-5 levels later.

i geared full 69 minus 3 enhancments fully augmented minus ear piece and implants in about 2 weeks granted i bought a couple pieces off the gtn after crafting mk-9 kits and selling them

the drops are fine 2 black market pieces if you run these non stop for a week your set for tfb and s and v

the difficulty is good where it is we don't need a lost island nerf on these that would ruin the game

like most have said trying running with a guild stop complaining because the 55 hm fp's are good where they are