Firebrand and Stormcaller Question

So after failing a bit last night my guild downed these guys. We had the issue with spires spawning in the Defensive shield as well, but that was due to overagro/ tank switch going bad, once sorted that never was a problem again.

My guilds problem however was Double Destruction running rampant in the raid, Stormcaller tank gets Single Destruction, I tell him to stand there and get the Double Destruction before the tank swap, he does. but somehow someone else also gets the DD, usually one of the healers(which we have placed in front and in between the bosses). Is this a bug, or are we suppose to counter it with having Person X move to Firebrand or out of range of Stormcaller?

The best "bug"(?) was that the melee that was standing on Firebrand kept getting Double Destruction for a while, and always take the 10k hit ;<

Edited by Diegles

So after failing a bit last night my guild downed these guys. We had the issue with spires spawning in the Defensive shield as well, but that was due to overagro/ tank switch going bad, once sorted that never was a problem again.

My guilds problem however was Double Destruction running rampant in the raid, Stormcaller tank gets Single Destruction, I tell him to stand there and get the Double Destruction before the tank swap, he does. but somehow someone else also gets the DD, usually one of the healers(which we have placed in front and in between the bosses). Is this a bug, or are we suppose to counter it with having Person X move to Firebrand or out of range of Stormcaller?

The best "bug"(?) was that the melee that was standing on Firebrand kept getting Double Destruction for a while, and always take the 10k hit ;<

You are missing the DD mechanic entirely. Tank is never supposed to get it. 2 dps need to soak DD. Tank swaps only happen with Incinerate armor.

We're having this issues as well.

We are NOT tank swapping. Our tanks stay and hold aggro on their tanks, dps'ers eat the DD (which becomes SD) and the other tank just pops a cd during incinerate armor.

Once the shield generator phase begins, firebrand's tank runs under the shield with the rest of his group, and stormcaller's tank runs around in front of stormcaller, to attract the lightning spires of course, while the rest of his group runs under the shield generator. He'll keep taunting stormcaller to be safe while we pulverize the adds and the healer heals him from the safety of the shield generator if needed. All of a sudden, BAM, we'll get a lightning spire inside of our shield generator even though the tank is hanging out in front of the tank away from all of us.

Are we doing something wrong? Is this for sure a bug and we just need to get lucky?

Thanks.

All of a sudden, BAM, we'll get a lightning spire inside of our shield generator even though the tank is hanging out in front of the tank away from all of us.

Are we doing something wrong? Is this for sure a bug and we just need to get lucky?

Thanks.

We had this happen randomly the first 1-2 times. We found that as soon as the annoying voice speaks move everyone to the shield area straight away, don't wait for any other prompting and make sure the that SC tank is running around on the ground not the tank itself, while he will drop spires on himself we found he'd glitch and throw one under our shield in that case.

We had this happen randomly the first 1-2 times. We found that as soon as the annoying voice speaks move everyone to the shield area straight away, don't wait for any other prompting and make sure the that SC tank is running around on the ground not the tank itself, while he will drop spires on himself we found he'd glitch and throw one under our shield in that case.

Awesome, we'll try this. Thanks so much for the tip. I'll follow up and report any findings.

We're having this issues as well.

We are NOT tank swapping. Our tanks stay and hold aggro on their tanks, dps'ers eat the DD (which becomes SD) and the other tank just pops a cd during incinerate armor.

Once the shield generator phase begins, firebrand's tank runs under the shield with the rest of his group, and stormcaller's tank runs around in front of stormcaller, to attract the lightning spires of course, while the rest of his group runs under the shield generator. He'll keep taunting stormcaller to be safe while we pulverize the adds and the healer heals him from the safety of the shield generator if needed. All of a sudden, BAM, we'll get a lightning spire inside of our shield generator even though the tank is hanging out in front of the tank away from all of us.

Thanks.

You aren't doing it correctly. You clearly aren't doing 16 man content if you have a tank eat Incinerate armor with a cooldown because in 16 man, the Missile hits for 26k+.

Once the phase "ends" if your players are not moving out of the shields quick enough, stormcaller randomly selects a person like at the beginning and drops a shield on them.

You aren't doing it correctly. You clearly aren't doing 16 man content if you have a tank eat Incinerate armor with a cooldown because in 16 man, the Missile hits for 26k+.

Once the phase "ends" if your players are not moving out of the shields quick enough, stormcaller randomly selects a person like at the beginning and drops a shield on them.

If we needed to tank swap, we'd do it. We have 0 issues with the tank taking the hits. If it's so clear to you that we're not doing 16man, then why even comment on 16man strategy when it's so apparent that we're doing 8man? Besides, the topic is the electric disturbance, not tank swapping. Get your false elitism out of here.

The electric disturbance is happening in the middle of the phase and not at the end of the phase which makes even less sense. We make it under the shield generator just fine, start killing the adds, and then we get hit even though the tank is dropping electric disturbances beautifully in front of Stormcaller.

If we needed to tank swap, we'd do it. We have 0 issues with the tank taking the hits. If it's so clear to you that we're not doing 16man, then why even comment on 16man strategy when it's so apparent that we're doing 8man? Besides, the topic is the electric disturbance, not tank swapping. Get your false elitism out of here.

The electric disturbance is happening in the middle of the phase and not at the end of the phase which makes even less sense. We make it under the shield generator just fine, start killing the adds, and then we get hit even though the tank is dropping electric disturbances beautifully in front of Stormcaller.

It may have been unnecessary to point out the 8/16 discrepancy, but it's a pretty sure bet that you're not going to be able to eat Incinerate when NiM is released so you may as well prepare your strategy in advance. By eating a debuff you're not meant to eat your players are building bad habits.

I cannot confirm this to be true - but someone said there's a max number of people you can put under each shield? So maybe you have too many people stacked under 1 shield and not the other.

We only had a spire spawn on us while in shield once, and that was when there was like 6 of us under one shield (on 16man Story). However that could have been down to something else - I have no idea what was going on with the rest of the raid.

Doing it on sm and hm... we never ran into this once. Only time it has ever happened is when the tank died. More than likely, someone pulled threat going into that phase and they were nuked instead.

We had this same issue last night a couple of times 8m SM. Don't think it was a mechanic we were missing, as the tank was already dropping spires, and would resume after 1-2 got dropped in shield without having to taunt.

I comment on a 16 man strategy because your post topic is a general "Firebrand and Stormcaller Question", with no indication about 8 man in there. I don't want some JoeSchmoe coming in that does 16 mans and get all confused by your bad strategy that will not work in 16 mans, or Nightmare. Just because 8 man is easier and you can "cheese" the mechanics, doesn't mean it was intended to do so. BW may even change the encounter on 8 man to prevent this kind of thing in the future, like they changed stuff on PTS.

Instead of getting upset when someone calls you out for missing mechanics, accept the criticism and make the change. It is designed to help you because people are getting used to doing that fight incorrectly and against the dev's design.

Regarding your issue of the electric disturbances, it cannot happen if your tank has threat. Here is how it works:

At beginning of Defensive Systems, a disturbance goes on a random member, including stormcaller tank. At the end of the cast is the knockback and the 1st disturbance will be dropped where the tank was standing provided he had threat. If he doesn't, the disturbance is dropped inside the shield because it is on one of the dps and wipes the raid.

Fraps it next time you are seeing that it is a problem so we can all see and if there is a "bug" it can be reported and fixed with video proof. Devs are quicker to respond with proof. Personally, we haven't seen it as long as the tank has threat going into that phase.

I cannot confirm this to be true - but someone said there's a max number of people you can put under each shield? So maybe you have too many people stacked under 1 shield and not the other.

We only had a spire spawn on us while in shield once, and that was when there was like 6 of us under one shield (on 16man Story). However that could have been down to something else - I have no idea what was going on with the rest of the raid.

In hard mode if you put more than 4 under a shield it will go away too quickly.

Weird one for us today, Lightning spires randomly dropping on main tank on firebrand. No forewarning either. Plus the yellow pillar was landing both sides of raid. Not sure if this is a bug or I missed something. Were running 8 man story

Weird one for us today, Lightning spires randomly dropping on main tank on firebrand. No forewarning either. Plus the yellow pillar was landing both sides of raid. Not sure if this is a bug or I missed something. Were running 8 man story

During Defensive systems? Need more info than what is given. If people are not at range and everyone is on the tanks, spires can drop on the tanks.

I comment on a 16 man strategy because your post topic is a general "Firebrand and Stormcaller Question", with no indication about 8 man in there. I don't want some JoeSchmoe coming in that does 16 mans and get all confused by your bad strategy that will not work in 16 mans, or Nightmare. Just because 8 man is easier and you can "cheese" the mechanics, doesn't mean it was intended to do so. BW may even change the encounter on 8 man to prevent this kind of thing in the future, like they changed stuff on PTS.

Instead of getting upset when someone calls you out for missing mechanics, accept the criticism and make the change. It is designed to help you because people are getting used to doing that fight incorrectly and against the dev's design.

Regarding your issue of the electric disturbances, it cannot happen if your tank has threat. Here is how it works:

At beginning of Defensive Systems, a disturbance goes on a random member, including stormcaller tank. At the end of the cast is the knockback and the 1st disturbance will be dropped where the tank was standing provided he had threat. If he doesn't, the disturbance is dropped inside the shield because it is on one of the dps and wipes the raid.

Fraps it next time you are seeing that it is a problem so we can all see and if there is a "bug" it can be reported and fixed with video proof. Devs are quicker to respond with proof. Personally, we haven't seen it as long as the tank has threat going into that phase.

Dude, you need to get off your high horse. There's nothing constructive about anything you've said so just stop.

There's no *cheesing* of the mechanics. You don't have to tank swap in 8-man. Period. You CAN if you want to practice, but if they wanted us to tank swap in 8-man, then Firebrand would deal 26k damage during an incinerate armor. Don't you think? Nah, I must be making things up.

Next time, take a minute to read a few posts, like the OP's, and see what's going on. If you would have said 'Hey, you're getting spires. Try this:', or even, 'Hey, you have to tank swap in 16-man so you might as well practice', then that would have been constructive. Instead you're all like 'you *clearly* aren't doing 16-man blah blah blah'. Then you go on to talk about the beginning of the phase when I had mentioned that we transition just fine, but the spire comes down in the middle of the phase. Did you not read anything I had posted? Again, there was nothing constructive. Yea, well, I prefer 8-mans vs 16-mans. If I wanted to 16-mans all the time, I'd join a larger guild. So before you go posting about how awesome you *clearly* are, be relevant, be insightful, and be courteous. Read the post you're replying to before you reply.

Thanks.