Developer Update: Introduction to Galactic Strongholds

TaitWatson

Maybe this has been answered already, if so please point me to the link. Anyways, my understanding is the strongholds are accessible by all characters in a legacy, and companions can be used to display armour.

So does that mean, if I already have all my companions on my Sage, then my Knight only has the droid and Kira, they can all be displayed on the same stronghold?

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe this has been answered already, if so please point me to the link. Anyways, my understanding is the strongholds are accessible by all characters in a legacy, and companions can be used to display armour.

So does that mean, if I already have all my companions on my Sage, then my Knight only has the droid and Kira, they can all be displayed on the same stronghold?

Yes, you will be able to place only the companions you have across your legacy, but apparently, you will see other character's companions only as holograms.

Edited by Aries_cz

I haven't seen an update for today, should we not get to see the next stronghold today in the twitch stream?

They are supposed to be one every Thursday until release. But we still have 7 hours before it is supposed to start, so be patient, by my calculations, the work day just started in Austin :)

for Republic are 3 streongholds so far

Coruscant, Shaddaa and Tatooine

My question is ....

Can 1 Character BUY ALL 3 SHs for himself? or 1 char can buy 1 stronghold only??

All Stronhgolds are Legacy-wide, meaning that all your character on one server own the same place.

Nar Shaddaa and Tatooine are "neutral", but it will apparently be possible to smuggle yourself to ther faction homeworld as well...

All Stronhgolds are Legacy-wide, meaning that all your character on one server own the same place.

Nar Shaddaa and Tatooine are "neutral", but it will apparently be possible to smuggle yourself to ther faction homeworld as well...

Wonder since Coruscant is Rep only planet, if my Imperial chars have access even if are in same Legacy, it will be weird right?

Wonder since Coruscant is Rep only planet, if my Imperial chars have access even if are in same Legacy, it will be weird right?

there is apparently some story that allows to go around it (smuggling or something like that)

there is apparently some story that allows to go around it (smuggling or something like that)

They mentioned that a few times on the twitchtv streams. Most characters will have to pay a smuggling fee to do it, but smugglers/agents will be able to do it for free as they can smuggle/infiltrate themselves.

They mentioned that a few times on the twitchtv streams. Most characters will have to pay a smuggling fee to do it, but smugglers/agents will be able to do it for free as they can smuggle/infiltrate themselves.

This hasn't really be confirmed it is just something people made out of Eric's "there might be something for Smugglers". However, I would expect that the fee would be minimal, as they are trying to make GSH accessible to all...

This hasn't really be confirmed it is just something people made out of Eric's "there might be something for Smugglers". However, I would expect that the fee would be minimal, as they are trying to make GSH accessible to all...

I'm pretty sure they said it was free for smugglers and agents, I'll try to get a time reference. I am not the only one that thought that's what was said:

• Can a republic character buy a stronghold in Dromund Kaas? Make an Imperial character, level it to level 15, buy a DK stornghold and then pay a fee to smuggle your Republic character over. Smugglers/agents do not need to pay any fee.

Edit: It was during the DK stream and I think it might have been Jack who said it. In any case since it is about to go to PTS we will find out for sure Real Soon Now.

Edited by Sambril

I'm pretty sure they said it was free for smugglers and agents, I'll try to get a time reference. I am not the only one that thought that's what was said:

Edit: It was during the DK stream and I think it might have been Jack who said it. In any case since it is about to go to PTS we will find out for sure Real Soon Now.

Dulfy's notes, while great, are not always accurate. I believe they said it like they were not decided if smugglers/agents will be free. However, I cannot pinpoint the exact minute where they mentioned it.

Lol... I shall fly my Balls of Fury (BH ship) into Coruscant, where I am the most wanted woman in the galaxy :rolleyes:

Ohmygodwhen'sitgonnabeonPTSmustplay!

As someone who has dropped a considerable amount of $$$$$$ on predominantly cash-store based housing in other games, I am incredibly disappointed with the decision to make TOR's housing based on hooks.

The segment of MMO players who are passionate about housing want to actually be able to create new and interesting things, not just place tables and chairs around a prefabricated house.

I want to be able to turn a bunch of bookcases around to create a new wall made out of their backs.

I want to be able to flip a chair upside down and stick a table through it to make a new and unique shelf.

I want to be able to levitate items in the air.

I want to have free control to place things wherever I want to create something truly unique.

This is an absolutely massive letdown and I really hope the devs reconsider. The hook system looks nice for people who are very casual about housing, but please give us an option to turn it off and have three dimensional item placement. Otherwise, this game will NOT attract dedicated MMO decorators who play other games for that reason.

/signed

Neither. It's legacy-wide - for all characters, but only on one server.

I think it is Legacy-wide and depends on what planet you are on? I don't think your Imperial characters can visit the Coruscant Apartment?

Quote: Originally Posted by Beltane

"As someone who has dropped a considerable amount of $$$$$$ on predominantly cash-store based housing in other games, I am incredibly disappointed with the decision to make TOR's housing based on hooks.

The segment of MMO players who are passionate about housing want to actually be able to create new and interesting things, not just place tables and chairs around a prefabricated house.

I want to be able to turn a bunch of bookcases around to create a new wall made out of their backs.

I want to be able to flip a chair upside down and stick a table through it to make a new and unique shelf.

I want to be able to levitate items in the air.

I want to have free control to place things wherever I want to create something truly unique.

This is an absolutely massive letdown and I really hope the devs reconsider. The hook system looks nice for people who are very casual about housing, but please give us an option to turn it off and have three dimensional item placement. Otherwise, this game will NOT attract dedicated MMO decorators who play other games for that reason"

OMG....listen....SWG was great...but if the player housing feature didnt save that game....then why would it destroy this one and cause serious MMOs players to leave? Come on...sure SWG got it right when it came to players houses....but lets give BW some time and maybe there will be an update where you can have freedom to do what you want inside just like with our ability to change the UI.

Edited by Kraith

• 2 weeks later...

While the system does seem a times limited, it could be worse and of course there is much room for improvement; which is natural for any new entry in a game.

I have several questions:

If I on empire side buy a stronghold in Dromund Kaas, can my Republic alts in my legacy be able to reach it?

Should I buy a Stronghold in a planet under neither side control such as Alderran or Nar Shadaa? So this way either faction alt can actually reach it?

I read long ago, that subscribers that had been on since late last year, would receive a stronghold at Nar Shaadaa free, is this still true?

(At work at the moment, so can't check things out)

Sue

As long as you were a subscriber on the dates listed (I know one of the dates was in May, the other was in July), then yes you will receive a free stronghold. I was part of the group that subscribed back in May for early release, so I received my stronghold with 5 rooms unlocked, as well as a bunch of free basic furniture, crafting droids, and a few other things.