Boarding Party-Commander Jorland encounter

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wanted some clarity on this issue... Is "exploiting" Jorland's bug a ban-able offense? I ended stuck with a party once who insisted on doing it, and while I stayed in the rocket room, where I was supposed to be, they fought him in the glitched way (I didn't get to take part in the fight, period, but I probably got exp from it). They told me there wasn't anything wrong with doing it that way, but I didn't really trust them. XD So... were they breaking terms of use? I'm sick of exploitation, period, so if I ever end up with another of /those/ parties, I'm just gonna insist they do it right or quit the group. =P

I wanted some clarity on this issue... Is "exploiting" Jorland's bug a ban-able offense? I ended stuck with a party once who insisted on doing it, and while I stayed in the rocket room, where I was supposed to be, they fought him in the glitched way (I didn't get to take part in the fight, period, but I probably got exp from it). They told me there wasn't anything wrong with doing it that way, but I didn't really trust them. XD So... were they breaking terms of use? I'm sick of exploitation, period, so if I ever end up with another of /those/ parties, I'm just gonna insist they do it right or quit the group. =P

They're talking about the Hardmode encounter here. The regular encounter is cake.

No that's not exploitation as far as I know, but it's not necessary on normal mode. At all.

They're talking about the Hardmode encounter here. The regular encounter is cake.

No that's not exploitation as far as I know, but it's not necessary on normal mode. At all.

Well, it was my first time through there in any mode, so I had no idea what expect. XD My party just did the bug thing without me, and I wouldn't because I didn't want to take chances that it was against terms. Still not going to do it, since exploits take all the fun out of games. :(

Thanks for clearing that up!

Havn't beat the HM encounter yet without "exploiting"

What are you considering "exploiting"?

My usual group beats him quite easily, one-shot him all the time these days.

We run Powertech Tank, Marauder dps, Sorcerer dps, and Sorcerer healer.

We have our ranged dps and healer near the back of the room kind of were you would turn in the quest after you defeat the boss but they stay 30+ meters away from the main boss (Jorland). Our tank stands in between Jorland and the healer so the healer can heal while out of range of the Jorland. We have our dps kill Massey first since it will help significantly reduce the damage the group is taking, and then we turn and focus the Medic. Then burn Jorland. When the tank and marauder are position they try to stand between Jorland and the healer while spreading out a bit so when the Marauder gets hit by Jorland's grenade it doesn't splash onto the tank.

We have our ranged dps and healer near the back of the room kind of were you would turn in the quest after you defeat the boss but they stay 30+ meters away from the main boss (Jorland). Our tank stands in between Jorland and the healer so the healer can heal while out of range of the Jorland. We have our dps kill Massey first since it will help significantly reduce the damage the group is taking, and then we turn and focus the Medic. Then burn Jorland. When the tank and marauder are position they try to stand between Jorland and the healer while spreading out a bit so when the Marauder gets hit by Jorland's grenade it doesn't splash onto the tank.

Oh no, I'm talking about the bug where you lure him out of the rocket room before the doors seal... so that the rockets can't damage, period. =/ I refused to do it when my group did, and just stayed in the proper room. It traps Jorland in one of the nooks off of the rocket room (the ones that seal within a few seconds of aggroing him). Nothing can damage (or heal, I think), through those doors. I'm horrible at explaining, but anyway it's definitely a bug... I really hope BW fixes it in the future.

Edited by Zephorys

Technically it is an exploit, it's taking an advantage of poor mob behavior. Honestly though it's not bannable because it's tricky to get it to work and by then you're probably already at 1-wipe making the encounter forfeit.

(HM) IMO, this is the problem. You shouldn't need to glitch the encounter to beat it. The blast radious of his rockets should be decreased by five meters - general problems that people are having would likely be not an issue. Remember that HM FPs are the staging point and build process to OPs - so having this issue around makes it unnecessarily painful.

The rage timer will go up before you get that far. your dps cannot continously keep up their dps on jorland. then the rockets will kill them, the reflective shield is supposed to be removed when you kill messay, he is the mob generating it.

Only the tank can mitigate the rocket damage. We did take Jorland with 2 ranged dps, making healing the encounter possible - but even with some very well geared dps, the medic actually enraged and took out the team, kicking us from the instance, and making us unable to re-enter. Because the quest solves, when you kill jorland, mid fight. Closing the instance.

And if you do take the medic first, the rage timer procs on Jorland.... And thats all she wrote. The shield is bugged. It is not supposed to stay up when you kill massey.

your dps cannot continously keep up their dps on jorland..

Not true. My group one-shots it by focusing Jorland down first. If people have med-pacs (as they should) and use their cool-downs appropriately, an alert healer can keep everyone up until Jorland goes down. After that, the healing is a joke.

There's so many suggestions that can make this fight easier:

• Extend the range of heals by 5-10m
  • Delay enrage from this particular mob group
  • Make Jorland's rocket and grenade spam have a longer duration.

The fight is obviously not impossible. People have beaten it without glitching it. Both NM and HM. It just needs a little bit of leverage, a push to parties so they can have a better chance. If glitching is the only way for basic geared-players in HM can beat this encounter; then there's something wrong. It's supposed to be the second easiest HM FP :p

This is a ranged friendly fight, pretty easy to execute once you know the limitations and have people with good awareness.

P1 - Kill Massey, no tank. DPS Lights his *** up. Tank stands on the far side of the medic interrupting heals when possible. Tanks job to occasionally run slightly out of range of Jor for heals from the Healer.

P2 - Kill Medic, Tank positions himself at Max Melee Range of Jor. Still attempts to get interrupts on heals on the medic. DPS run in range of medic to DPS him. Run out if health to low. Heal yourself if possible. But try and burn down the Medic asap so he doesn't gain enrage.

P3 - Kill Jor, Tank at max melee range of Jor. Healer at max healing range. DPS run in, place some hits, run out the moment he drops a nade on you. Rinse repeat. It's not a race at this point. The tank and healer can solo this from here on out, but it helps if the DPS can drop some instants on him. Healers ONLY focus this Phase is tank heals. DPS, youre on your own.

GG - He's dead.. and the chest might be bugged.. lol

The rage timer will go up before you get that far. your dps cannot continously keep up their dps on jorland. then the rockets will kill them, the reflective shield is supposed to be removed when you kill messay, he is the mob generating it.

Only the tank can mitigate the rocket damage. We did take Jorland with 2 ranged dps, making healing the encounter possible - but even with some very well geared dps, the medic actually enraged and took out the team, kicking us from the instance, and making us unable to re-enter. Because the quest solves, when you kill jorland, mid fight. Closing the instance.

And if you do take the medic first, the rage timer procs on Jorland.... And thats all she wrote. The shield is bugged. It is not supposed to stay up when you kill massey.

Actually, we haven't been hitting the enrage timer. Our sorc can dps Jorland while staying out of range of his grenades, the powertech tank (myself) places guard on our melee dps to help him mitigate some of the grenade damage. Tank damage on this fight is a terrible joke after Massey dies so a majority of the healing is focused on the Marauder. Perhaps you just had a bugged encounter? Everything was working for us.

Edited by InfiniteShift

killed this twice using PT Tank, PT Pyro, Marauder, Sorc Healer

first time we just rinsed jorland first, as that takes out most of the damage, while quick interrupting the medic.

2nd time we pulled the sword guy away, tank tanked the other 2. Rinsed sword guy, killed medic, killed jorland.

First way means u get no loot, other than the comm for completing.

Basically, u need decent players. If u cant compelte it, either you're not good enough or not geared enough.

Downed this one last night with jugg,sorc,mara and merc. Tank with decent gear, others 45green-50purple.

Tank pulled the boss to the hallway behind and rest of the crew dps'd Alon down. Then went straight to boss and killed him and left Massey last, just let him roam. Success in completing the flashpoint but unfortunately there was no loot to gather.

• 2 weeks later...