Vader vs Revan

IAmYourGod

Mace Windu a master of all 7 forms and the greatest master of Vapaad. With the ability, Shatterpoint, he would tear through just about everyone pre Clone Wars..

Yes, I am a Windu Fanboy :p

Multiple Jedi mastered all seven forms during that era, but Mace Windu was the only master of Vaapad.

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Multiple Jedi mastered all seven forms during that era, but Mace Windu was the only master of Vaapad.

The only to master Vaapad and not fall to the Dark-Side.

Which in my opinion, says something about his will against the Dark-Side.

He didn't turn when fighting Palpatine even though, for sure he had to been overwhelmed by the power of the Dark. And thats even controversial, some think he did turn hence his wanting to kill Palps.

The only to master Vaapad and not fall to the Dark-Side.

Which in my opinion, says something about his will against the Dark-Side.

He didn't turn when fighting Palpatine even though, for sure he had to been overwhelmed by the power of the Dark. And thats even controversial, some think he did turn hence his wanting to kill Palps.

I think if he did kill Palpatine, he would have fallen or come close to it. So Anakin may have saved from being an agent of the Dark Side. But I don't think Mace would have fallen. His will is too strong. I believe his use of Vaapad gave him a resistance to the influence of the Dark Side. But not many Jedi could engage Palpatine in a duel without succumbing to the darkness. So that is a testament to the will that Mace Windu had.

I think if he did kill Palpatine, he would have fallen or come close to it. So Anakin may have saved from being an agent of the Dark Side. But I don't think Mace would have fallen. His will is too strong. I believe his use of Vaapad gave him a resistance to the influence of the Dark Side. But not many Jedi could engage Palpatine in a duel without succumbing to the darkness. So that is a testament to the will that Mace Windu had.

He wouldnt have been able to.

Palpatine was bending his lightsaber with his force lightning. If he really wanted to, he would of blown Mace to dust. But that was a key moment in Anakin's fall.

He wouldnt have been able to.

Palpatine was bending his lightsaber with his force lightning. If he really wanted to, he would of blown Mace to dust. But that was a key moment in Anakin's fall.

I know Palpatine could have killed him easily, but I don't think Mace would have fallen to the Dark Side, had he won. But Palpatine was stalling for Anakin to arrive. I don't think he expected Mace Windu to be so powerful though. At least, that's what I got from that duel. Mace Windu had the advantage in the duel.

Because he's awesome.

• 3 months later...
If you think about, both are the same. Both changed their allegiance after a traumatic incident. Revan is more a consular or inquisitor, with his knowledge of the force. Vader is more a juggernaught, due to his primary use of lightsabers and simple force usage.

Ha ha, thought this was a new post and was thinking, this is gonna start an endless flame war...

Greetings everyone!

Since the previous thread has reached past our 1k threshold, we have closed it and recreated it here.

Ah, already happened. :p

And now its been necroed! Great, now I gotta figure out a way to kill this thread before I start my tournament, perhaps I'll pretend to be the OP and make an announcement... :D

(This, my friends, is why I announce a winner in my Kaggath Series...)

Revan.

My incarnations of Revan would never hesitate to use the Force (...and high explosives) to prevail.

:D

(Though to be fair, if there was a game where you could play Vader, I'd definitely make sure he'd be supplementing his Force powers with other... force multipliers so it'd end up a draw under those circumstances.)

Revan hands down. Vader is just a push over. Lol dies to force lightning..come on.

Revan would simply look at vader and laugh, then say. Good day!

No he wouldn't, considering that he easily tanked Mareks lightning that brought down an entire AT-AT as well as tanking the very same lightning that was amplified by 3 massive pylons which did nothing to him except bring him to his knees.

He would crush Revan after a battle.

Revan. I just think that his experience level is far beyond that of Vader's. Vader is powerful in his own right, but he was kinda wasted potential.

Uh no, no....Vader beats Revan in all accounts. Its been listed I dunno how many times throughout this thread, of how powerful he really is and what he has done.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

No he wouldn't, considering that he easily tanked Mareks lightning that brought down an entire AT-AT as well as tanking the very same lightning that was amplified by 3 massive pylons which did nothing to him except bring him to his knees.

You realize that's non-canon, right? That was Game Mechanics. I actually read the Novels. Marek doesn't juice up on energy pylons to zap Vader. He never did anything to bolster himself when electrifying Vader. In the novels, Vader had to upgrade the insulation on his armor to protect himself better against Force Lightning, but Marek noted that a concentrated bolt could still get through the protection, and any damage in Vader's armor would provide an easy bypass and allow him to shock Vader directly.

I know I shouldn't even get involved in this but I'm going to say Vader. I'm going to repeat what I said on another thread that probably works for this debate too. Revan is often an over-rated character. While he was powerful he wasn't as powerful as some choose to believe. I think that the people that say Revan would win anything just think "Hey, I played a game as this guy and owned, he must be super powerful!" The same thing often happens when people debate about Starkiller, AKA Galen Marek when people bring up the whole Star Destroyer falling from the sky thing.

I know I shouldn't even get involved in this but I'm going to say Vader. I'm going to repeat what I said on another thread that probably works for this debate too. Revan is often an over-rated character. While he was powerful he wasn't as powerful as some choose to believe. I think that the people that say Revan would win anything just think "Hey, I played a game as this guy and owned, he must be super powerful!" The same thing often happens when people debate about Starkiller, AKA Galen Marek when people bring up the whole Star Destroyer falling from the sky thing.

Whats funny, is that him GUIDING the Star Destroyer down(not ripping it out of the sky) as it was falling, it also taking almost all of his energy and having him collapse(people seem to forget that)...is more like mere childs play compared to what the rest of the things The Force could do.

Even if Galen actually ripped the Star Destroyer out of the sky, compare that to all the other Force feats in Star Wars, its pretty much a minor thing compared to what other Force Users have done.

Anyway to the battle, now I see a lot just say

"Oh Revan + Force Lighting= Dead Vader.."

Hmm....so Vader is just gonna stand there, and let the lighting hit him right? Hes not gonna bring his saber to bare and block the lighting right? Please....he isn't a moron.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Anyway to the battle, now I see a lot just say

"Oh Revan + Force Lighting= Dead Vader.."

Hmm....so Vader is just gonna stand there, and let the lighting hit him right? Hes not gonna bring his saber to bare and block the lighting right? Please....he isn't a moron.

Especially after his first run-in with Dooku.

And yet, Galen beat Vader... Hmmm...

Revan hands down. Vader is just a push over. Lol dies to force lightning..come on.

Revan would simply look at vader and laugh, then say. Good day!

Actually Vader would be doing the laughing... if he could.

We've been over this people. Vader wins hands down. Revan hasn't defeated anyone of the same caliber as the Jedi and Sith that Vader/Anakin Skywalker has beaten.

He defeated Count Dooku, the greatest Makashi practitioner of all time. He defeated Cin Drallig, the Jedi Order's Battlemaster (note that he was the Battlemaster of the Jedi Order when it was at its prime). He has defeated several Jedi Masters in battle, as well as many other Jedi. Vader is THE Jedi Killer.

Let's face facts. Both Count Dooku and Cin Drallig would hand Revan his backside. Vader would destroy him.

Actually Vader would be doing the laughing... if he could.

We've been over this people. Vader wins hands down. Revan hasn't defeated anyone of the same caliber as the Jedi and Sith that Vader/Anakin Skywalker has beaten.

He defeated Count Dooku, the greatest Makashi practitioner of all time. He defeated Cin Drallig, the Jedi Order's Battlemaster (note that he was the Battlemaster of the Jedi Order when it was at its prime). He has defeated several Jedi Masters in battle, as well as many other Jedi. Vader is THE Jedi Killer.

Let's face facts. Both Count Dooku and Cin Drallig would hand Revan his backside. Vader would destroy him.

Actually he can laugh! :eek:

I know that as soon as I say this I'm going to be thrown into the same catagory as the other fanatic Revan fans, but I truly do believe that Revan would win in the end of a brutal battle. And here's why:

1. Combat mobility:

-Vader just isn't that mobile anymore. When Darth Maul was resurrected and they got in their little fight, Maul was able to run circles around Vader and do some damage. Yes Vader won in the end, but it was a combination of his own recklessness/self-hatred and Maul's own overconfidence that led to it.

-In a fight with Revan, Darth Vader would have to deal with an opponent who is quick (most likely not as agile as Maul, but still) and doesn't have the same arrogance that has led to Maul's multiple defeats. Vader is meant to be a tank, able to withstand attacks from multiple foes while destroying them one by one (like that group of Jedi he found and killed), but against a high-class opponent it's not as effective.

2. The force/Psychological factors:

-Yes, Darth Vader is a being that was born of the force, but one of his many great tragedies is that he never reached his full potential. Even Palpatine said that Vader's power was drastically weakened by the very self-hatred that is claimed to be a strength of his. It was why Vader was only 80% near the emperor's power instead of the demi-god he could have been, and it's for that reason that the emperor wanted to replace him so badly (which he definitely tried at least 2 or 3 times).

-Revan is quite a powerful force-user on his own, so I believe that he would be able to at least survive Vader's powerful abilities. Say what you will, but Revan is a top-tier opponent that could give Vader a run for his money with his raw force power and martial skill, which means that he could most likely at least partially withstand Vader's crushing force abilities.

-On the topic of force lightning yes Palpatine was the absolute best at it, but I feel that lightning from any force-user would at least ruin his suit and lead to his eventual death (even if it was a while after the fight). If he wasn't allowed to even use the ability because it would damage his suit, imagine such an attack coming from Revan.

----------

A Vader who reached his potential would defeat Revan with no problem, but once again that this is just another one of his tragic downfalls. These are just my thoughts on the matter, and I hope that I didn't come across as a Revan fanboy. The fanboy part of my heart is dedicated to Kyle Katarn. :p

I know that as soon as I say this I'm going to be thrown into the same catagory as the other fanatic Revan fans, but I truly do believe that Revan would win in the end of a brutal battle. And here's why:

1. Combat mobility:

-Vader just isn't that mobile anymore. When Darth Maul was resurrected and they got in their little fight, Maul was able to run circles around Vader and do some damage. Yes Vader won in the end, but it was a combination of his own recklessness/self-hatred and Maul's own overconfidence that led to it.

-In a fight with Revan, Darth Vader would have to deal with an opponent who is quick (most likely not as agile as Maul, but still) and doesn't have the same arrogance that has led to Maul's multiple defeats. Vader is meant to be a tank, able to withstand attacks from multiple foes while destroying them one by one (like that group of Jedi he found and killed), but against a high-class opponent it's not as effective.

2. The force/Psychological factors:

-Yes, Darth Vader is a being that was born of the force, but one of his many great tragedies is that he never reached his full potential. Even Palpatine said that Vader's power was drastically weakened by the very self-hatred that is claimed to be a strength of his. It was why Vader was only 80% near the emperor's power instead of the demi-god he could have been, and it's for that reason that the emperor wanted to replace him so badly (which he definitely tried at least 2 or 3 times).

-Revan is quite a powerful force-user on his own, so I believe that he would be able to at least survive Vader's powerful abilities. Say what you will, but Revan is a top-tier opponent that could give Vader a run for his money with his raw force power and martial skill, which means that he could most likely at least partially withstand Vader's crushing force abilities.

-On the topic of force lightning yes Palpatine was the absolute best at it, but I feel that lightning from any force-user would at least ruin his suit and lead to his eventual death (even if it was a while after the fight). If he wasn't allowed to even use the ability because it would damage his suit, imagine such an attack coming from Revan.

----------

A Vader who reached his potential would defeat Revan with no problem, but once again that this is just another one of his tragic downfalls. These are just my thoughts on the matter, and I hope that I didn't come across as a Revan fanboy. The fanboy part of my heart is dedicated to Kyle Katarn. :p

1. The combat mobility is irrelevant here, being that Vader took on faster and younger opponents then him and still won. He was actually equal with Maul in their fight, until he cut Maul's saber in two thus he resorted to Jar'kai style which Vader had little defense against.

2. Being 80% of Sidious's power, is still far stronger then any other Jedi/Sith before him(including Yoda). He may have not reached his potential sure, but he still grew in power. Some of his feats include

1. Intense resistance to pain, he was stabbed with both a viroblade and a lightsaber in the chest on two occassions and thought nothing of it.

2. Can make Force Barriers.

3. He survived collapsing an entire Cathedral on himself for days.

4. He defeated An'ya Kuro who was able to phase through objects and actually teleport.

5. Defeated a group of jedi(a couple of them masters) who ambushed him on Kessel.

3. Again with the lighting, Vader isn't just gonna stand there and let it hit him. He can block it with his saber, he already has tanked lighting from Galen. So....I don't see how Revan's lighting would really affect him.

===

There is more I am sure, but I don't have all his feats at the moment will try to get some. Unless someone else has the feats, and can put them up.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi