defeat Vaylin's spirit.

kenbe

This fight is so frustrating... Cant bloody finish this.

Agree. Not least frustrating that you end up in this fight after having been robbed of a very important free choice - namely to claim the Eternal Throne, or not to claim it.

There should be an option to say "no" to the Eternal Throne, I think.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I'm a bounty hunter, mercenary route, and I'm trying to beat her myself. What am I supposed to do when she out damages me, stuns me, and I lack my typical panic button, the heroic moment? Sure I can use the ability that dispels all movement impairing effects, but it still leaves me with the issue of what am I going to do, especially since Senya and Arcann aren't there to back me up.

• 1 month later...

I think this is a great fight honestly. The toughest class for me was my trooper, but I have to be honest that I really don't play her very well. The only time I died was when I was too close to the edge and Vaylin knocked me off. The other day I was able to kill her and Arcann without the Sith healer guy on the first attempt. I felt pretty proud of myself there. :D

I run the fight the same way. I keep her moving in a circular pattern always getting her to run into the heal spots as it heals me and damages her. I use all my abilities whether its force run, unbreakable will, etc. I also have talents set that I don't have to stand and cast. Same with shooting spec characters. I set it so I can keep moving and shoot instead of standing in one position and allowing her to catch up. If Arcann is there, I would focus on burning him down first. He isn't as hard as Vaylin.

One other thing - if you use the weapon that you get from Darth Marr and Satele Shan it adds those abilities they gave you to use in the fight. I just used that and put new mods in it to upgrade it from a level 200.

• 7 months later...

I just did this fight for my first time, and I died several times before getting it.

I read that if you didn't free Dramath on Nathema, he helps out in this fight. Is it true, and can I let him go afterwards? Because I think in the future I'd really appreciate some help on this fight as long as the story doesn't make me eat kittens to do it.

I just did this fight for my first time, and I died several times before getting it.

I read that if you didn't free Dramath on Nathema, he helps out in this fight. Is it true, and can I let him go afterwards? Because I think in the future I'd really appreciate some help on this fight as long as the story doesn't make me eat kittens to do it.

If I remember correctly Valkorion just destroys his spirit during the battle if you don't free him on Nathema

So how do you out run her ??

Every time I try to get away from her, its like she stun me and pull me back .. this happens every 1 or 2 sec.

Its so *********** stupid.

I got over 115k life and when I die she is only about 25 % down... this is story mode ffs

Edited by Software

If I remember correctly Valkorion just destroys his spirit during the battle if you don't free him on Nathema

Valkorion destroys him AFTER he helps you defeat Vaylin (+ Arcann).

If you killed Arcann then having him alive makes it 2v2, instead of 2v1. And the only time I've died even on Master Mode was when I fought both of the annoying siblings that Zakull forgot.

Good news is that if you go back and do Chapter 7 again sometimes you can grab Dramath for the Chapter 9 fight. I originally freed him and managed to grab him for Chapter 9 somehow despite him being freed in my choices.

Edited by AshlaBoga

So how do you out run her ??

Every time I try to get away from her, its like she stun me and pull me back .. this happens every 1 or 2 sec.

Its so *********** stupid.

I got over 115k life and when I die she is only about 25 % down... this is story mode ffs

I went through the same thing. You don't out run her at all. If your toon does not have enough interupts .. you don't. All you can do is watch your character die .... repeatedly. I went through something similar to this with only one character. After which I realized that it all stimed from makeing the decision to release Lord Dramath. Many will argue that is not the case. Don't believe them. Just make sure you keep Lord Dramath and everything is good to go.

If you made the mistake and released Lord Dramath simply go back and re-run the part of the story where you decide to put him back in the holocron... take the DS points and move on. When you face Vaylins spirit at chapter IX he will be there as a companion for you. I know for LS players its something of a slap in the face. But that's just how the story is written.

At that point when you are faced with the fight.... simply get Vaylin to follow you to the backside of the stair case and wedge yourslef underneath. That way when she rolls up into a ball to nuke everything she will not blow you off the edge. After that it's not hard at all.. I usually shut off the sound ( I have an external speaker system) ... and just wear her down. It's not hard .. just takes a while.

I went through the same thing. You don't out run her at all.

Indeed, you don't. In general, it's a really bad idea to even try. If you're going to fight her, you *must* do it up close and personal, as they say, so that you're inside her purple circle. Attacking from outside the circle causes your attacks to be reflected so you hurt yourself rather than her.

If your toon does not have enough interupts .. you don't. All you can do is watch your character die .... repeatedly. I went through something similar to this with only one character. After which I realized that it all stimed from makeing the decision to release Lord Dramath. Many will argue that is not the case. Don't believe them. Just make sure you keep Lord Dramath and everything is good to go.

Sad to say that it is, indeed, not the case. Even on a DPS-only class (i.e. no self-heals to speak of either) like Gunslinger / Sniper, it is not necessary to keep Lord Dramath. How do I know this? Er, because my Gunslinger released Lord D and took down Vaylin anyway.

And you don't need any interrupts at all for this fight. When she activates "Force Slam" (you're stunned and bouncing up and down), you cancel it with a *stun breaker* ("Purges incapacitating effects" or similar on the tooltip), not an interrupt. Force Slam occurs less frequently than the cooldown on your stun breaker, so all you have to do is make sure to not use it for anything else. (Er, so that it's ready for when she next does Force Slam...)

If you made the mistake and released Lord Dramath simply go back and re-run the part of the story where you decide to put him back in the holocron... take the DS points and move on. When you face Vaylins spirit at chapter IX he will be there as a companion for you.

This is supposed to not work. Old chapters that you've already done cannot be rewritten (permanently) by doing them again. At least in theory, anyway. (I believe that what you're describing is a bug.)

At that point when you are faced with the fight.... simply get Vaylin to follow you to the backside of the stair case and wedge yourslef underneath. That way when she rolls up into a ball to nuke everything she will not blow you off the edge. After that it's not hard at all.. I usually shut off the sound ( I have an external speaker system) ... and just wear her down. It's not hard .. just takes a while.

When she curls up into a ball, run the (...) away. At that point, you *can* outrun her because she cannot move while casting the knockback. Run far enough to cross the little red "fence" at the edge of her ability's area of effect and you'll be fine.

Indeed, you don't. In general, it's a really bad idea to even try. If you're going to fight her, you *must* do it up close and personal, as they say, so that you're inside her purple circle. Attacking from outside the circle causes your attacks to be reflected so you hurt yourself rather than her.

Sad to say that it is, indeed, not the case. Even on a DPS-only class (i.e. no self-heals to speak of either) like Gunslinger / Sniper, it is not necessary to keep Lord Dramath. How do I know this? Er, because my Gunslinger released Lord D and took down Vaylin anyway.

And you don't need any interrupts at all for this fight. When she activates "Force Slam" (you're stunned and bouncing up and down), you cancel it with a *stun breaker* ("Purges incapacitating effects" or similar on the tooltip), not an interrupt. Force Slam occurs less frequently than the cooldown on your stun breaker, so all you have to do is make sure to not use it for anything else. (Er, so that it's ready for when she next does Force Slam...)

This is supposed to not work. Old chapters that you've already done cannot be rewritten (permanently) by doing them again. At least in theory, anyway. (I believe that what you're describing is a bug.)

When she curls up into a ball, run the (...) away. At that point, you *can* outrun her because she cannot move while casting the knockback. Run far enough to cross the little red "fence" at the edge of her ability's area of effect and you'll be fine.

Buddy... I respect you as much or more than anyone else on the entire forum board. So PLEASE understand what I'm about to say I do so with that same respect:

You're wrong on this one. I tried to run as quickly as I saw my life line drop too far and needed healing. Even with med packs etc.. but I could not get away. I was ALWAYS stunned .. stopped and then forced slammed to death. ALWAYS !

The very best I did was to get her down to about 90% .. then suddenly without warning .. I was stunned ... unable to run, then slammed to death again.

Please believe me when I tell you that I understand: attack rotations , interupts , healing and other game essentials that are a must when playing a MMO.

Finally .. oddly enough when I used the prescribed method ( and I did try the others you have suggested ) .. It simplified the matter. Granted: part of that was to expedite the process to try to "shorten" the process of an otherwise long and drawn out process.

Also: please note that the only character that I had ANY realy difficulties with was the one in which I released Lord Dramath. That was why I came to that conclusion.

Please understand I do not wish to make a fuss over this.... particularly with someone to whom I have so much respect for !

Thank You

Buddy... I respect you as much or more than anyone else on the entire forum board. So PLEASE understand what I'm about to say I do so with that same respect:

You're wrong on this one.

I am not wrong. Every single character that I've taken through this (once I worked out how the fight works) has done what I've said, and every one of them has beaten it. And I have done it without Lord D on more than one character. (I do usually keep him around, but that's out of a combination of following my darksiders' personalities and *my* laziness on the lightsiders.)

I tried to run as quickly as I saw my life line drop too far and needed healing. Even with med packs etc.. but I could not get away. I was ALWAYS stunned .. stopped and then forced slammed to death. ALWAYS !

The very best I did was to get her down to about 90% .. then suddenly without warning .. I was stunned ... unable to run, then slammed to death again.

When you are being slammed, use your stun breaker. Every class has one, and it will break Force Slam - and stop the damage - as well as the stunned state. Her cooldown for Force Slam is longer than your cooldown for your stun breaker, so it's always available unless you use it for something else. Don't do that. Use it only for Force Slam.

Just to avoid any doubt: the stun breakers are:

* Sith Warrior: Unleash

* Sith Inquisitor: Unbreakable Will

* Imperial Agent: Escape

* Bounty Hunter: Determination

* Jedi Knight: Resolute

* Jedi Consular: Force of Will

* Smuggler: Escape

* Trooper: Tenacity

The "big" Sage/Sorc bubble functions as a second stun breaker for those classes, but it isn't necessary.

I am not wrong. Every single character that I've taken through this (once I worked out how the fight works) has done what I've said, and every one of them has beaten it. And I have done it without Lord D on more than one character. (I do usually keep him around, but that's out of a combination of following my darksiders' personalities and *my* laziness on the lightsiders.)

When you are being slammed, use your stun breaker. Every class has one, and it will break Force Slam - and stop the damage - as well as the stunned state. Her cooldown for Force Slam is longer than your cooldown for your stun breaker, so it's always available unless you use it for something else. Don't do that. Use it only for Force Slam.

Just to avoid any doubt: the stun breakers are:

* Sith Warrior: Unleash

* Sith Inquisitor: Unbreakable Will

* Imperial Agent: Escape

* Bounty Hunter: Determination

* Jedi Knight: Resolute

* Jedi Consular: Force of Will

* Smuggler: Escape

* Trooper: Tenacity

The "big" Sage/Sorc bubble functions as a second stun breaker for those classes, but it isn't necessary.

ummmmm I know how to use that button... I'm trying to tell you something. and for whatever reason it is not getting through. I would work one time ... but was cycling through what is commonly called cool down ... and within a few seconds I needed it again. It was NOT available... cool down thing. I died ! again... again and after about 20 + attempts.. nada !

The smart move: keep Lord what's his name in the cube. Problem solved ! A player can then smack Vaylin around (takes forever) ... but it can be done ... Obviously in more ways than one !

You and I both agree on one thing (believe it or not). The fight isn't that hard (with whatever his name )... but is annoyingly long and drawn out !

You're wrong on this one. I tried to run as quickly as I saw my life line drop too far and needed healing. Even with med packs etc.. but I could not get away. I was ALWAYS stunned .. stopped and then forced slammed to death. ALWAYS !

Please believe me when I tell you that I understand: attack rotations , interupts , healing and other game essentials that are a must when playing a MMO.

Finally .. oddly enough when I used the prescribed method ( and I did try the others you have suggested ) .. It simplified the matter. Granted: part of that was to expedite the process to try to "shorten" the process of an otherwise long and drawn out process.

Also: please note that the only character that I had ANY realy difficulties with was the one in which I released Lord Dramath. That was why I came to that conclusion.

Please understand I do not wish to make a fuss over this.... particularly with someone to whom I have so much respect for !

Thank You

She tends to stun you more if you run TOO far. I don't know the specific distance, but basically if you're 50m away she's going to go a bit crazy.

She tends to stun you more if you run TOO far. I don't know the specific distance, but basically if you're 50m away she's going to go a bit crazy.

Actually I tried quite the opposite. I read somewhere (after dieing a dozen or times) that there is a circle (I forget what color) ... that you need to stay inside of. It's a smaller circile around her. If you try to "hit" out side of that circle you get damage feed back ( I guess that's the right term) ... Soooo I tried to get in her face. At any rate.

Still the fact is and remains ... anyone else reading this (as far as I'm concerned) ... take the DS points ... keep the dude inside the holocron.. Life is much easier !

Sorry . I'm still not the least upset or trying to be argumentatve. I know what I went through. I know the difference of playing both with / without (what's his name)... and there is a HUGE difference.

At any rate. I do appreciate you input .. as well as SteveTheCynic. And still have only the highest regard for your post!

Thanks

Best Regards

Ol Buzzard

Edited by OlBuzzard

Still the fact is and remains ... anyone else reading this (as far as I'm concerned) ... take the DS points ... keep the dude inside the holocron.. Life is much easier !

I was never disputing the "easier" part, just the implication in your earlier post that it was *essential*.

That said, I feel that I owe you a little apology. I tried again on my Gunslinger, and ... I don't know ... something has changed since she first did it sometime in 2016 or 2017. I don't know what has changed, mind you. I don't remember "Force Siphon" being a stun as well as Force Slam, and I remember the red floor circle for the big knockback as being bigger than it was just a few minutes ago.

Of course, maybe I suck... Or maybe I reconfigured by character's utilities. Or something. But it didn't flow the same way as before.

I went through the same thing. You don't out run her at all. If your toon does not have enough interupts .. you don't. All you can do is watch your character die .... repeatedly. I went through something similar to this with only one character. After which I realized that it all stimed from makeing the decision to release Lord Dramath. Many will argue that is not the case. Don't believe them. Just make sure you keep Lord Dramath and everything is good to go.

If you made the mistake and released Lord Dramath simply go back and re-run the part of the story where you decide to put him back in the holocron... take the DS points and move on. When you face Vaylins spirit at chapter IX he will be there as a companion for you. I know for LS players its something of a slap in the face. But that's just how the story is written.

I've never had a real problem beating her as a Sith Sorcerer, even without Dramath. Are you using the healing spirits?

I was never disputing the "easier" part, just the implication in your earlier post that it was *essential*.

That said, I feel that I owe you a little apology. I tried again on my Gunslinger, and ... I don't know ... something has changed since she first did it sometime in 2016 or 2017. I don't know what has changed, mind you. I don't remember "Force Siphon" being a stun as well as Force Slam, and I remember the red floor circle for the big knockback as being bigger than it was just a few minutes ago.

Of course, maybe I suck... Or maybe I reconfigured by character's utilities. Or something. But it didn't flow the same way as before.

You owe me no such apology .

I can assure you my friend you a much better at this than I am. And yes force siphon ( I totally forgot about that one.. and Force Slam ... UGH ! and there was one other.. (sorry Old age thing kicking in again) I really don't remember. It was only on my Gun Slinger I really had that much trouble. The again .. he was also the only one inwhich I did not take Lord Dramath with me. I was able to take full advantage of the healing spirits .... even managed to get one of them to follow me just a tad .. and led them right into Vaylin's spirit ! But I also found that I could wedge myself under the stairs (if I needed to) .. and just wail the daylights out of her. Still took a while ... but most effective.

I've never had a real problem beating her as a Sith Sorcerer, even without Dramath. Are you using the healing spirits?

yes we did !

For whatever it's worth I make no pretense in being that good of a player. But I did notice a HUGE difference in the game play both with and without Lord Dramath.

OH BTW.. the fight with Valkorian was pretty much a cake walk. I even managed to use the light / dark holocrons to my advantage.

Edited by OlBuzzard

i been trying this fight for 2 years never been able to do it,it impossible to me,she kill me everytime with 98% life, in 2years done it about 150 times and have never got ever close to doing it, its way to hard,i have read about it, watch videos, and that has make no diffidence what so ever,

i been trying this fight for 2 years never been able to do it,it impossible to me,she kill me everytime with 98% life, in 2years done it about 150 times and have never got ever close to doing it, its way to hard,i have read about it, watch videos, and that has make no diffidence what so ever,

Just copy what they do in the video. And when I say copy, I MEAN COPY.

Edited by AshlaBoga

• 3 months later...

Stay in melee range. Interrupt as much as you can. Use the healing "thingies" as often as you can, but immediately return to melee range after.

When she charges up for the push is a great time for going for the healing thingies.

(oh and yes, of course, when she's charging up for the push, leave the area of effect).

I had trouble with this fight at the start since I kept trying to do ranged with my BH.

But once I found this thread and read the first page, it worked just fine... didn't even die once when I figured out to stay in melee range.