(HM) Black Talon bugged first boss

I've been told this boss is bugged since he's not movable.

Is this stationary boss intended in Hard Mode or is he in fact bugged?

If so, any suggestions on how to beat him? With the droids dropping essentially on top of him, its a melee nightmare.

thanks!

We've done if a few different ways, though we've never had much problem with it so I can't say I have given it much thought. Either a ranged dps pulls them away and kills them, or some aoe damage from me, I'm a juggernaut tank, is enough to keep them hitting me instead of the healer. They don't do much damage, unless they blow up, so we've usually burnt down the boss before it became much of a problem.

We've done if a few different ways, though we've never had much problem with it so I can't say I have given it much thought. Either a ranged dps pulls them away and kills them, or some aoe damage from me, I'm a juggernaut tank, is enough to keep them hitting me instead of the healer. They don't do much damage, unless they blow up, so we've usually burnt down the boss before it became much of a problem.

What triggers them to blow up? timer?

I've been kiting them as a Merc DPS and have them blow up away from the melee. One always seems to stay in melee and eat or group.

Thx

Edited by Drusillus

I was under the impression that they blew up when they were killed, but I could be mistaken on that point. All my hard modes has been with guild members, many I have known through MMOs (and real life in some cases) for years. With everyone doing their best and min/maxing their rotations, the boss in question has died every time before damage from either the boss or the adds has been an issue. I realize that this isn't very helpful to someone who is struggling with the encounter. All I can offer is that I will talk to the others I have been doing hardmodes with and ask if they have been doing something during that fight that I just haven't been aware off.

EDIT:

If it helps at all Sithwarrior.com has some preliminary information about most of the hardmode bosses in the game.

That being said the thread about Black Talon has this to say about the fight:

GXR-5 Sabotage Droid

GXR-5 Sabotage droid is the first boss in the Black Talon flashpoint if you chose the darkside and killed the ship's captain. This is a basic tank and spank fight, though he will occasionally call some probe droids down that explode after a few seconds.

Videos:

Tips/Tricks:

Kiting this boss around keeps the melee away from the probe droids, and insures that spawning droids won't hit anyone with their AoE explosion.

And as I said we've not had to do any of that at all. We just solve the situation with brute force.

Edited by Yarth

I was under the impression that they blew up when they were killed, but I could be mistaken on that point. All my hard modes has been with guild members, many I have known through MMOs (and real life in some cases) for years. With everyone doing their best and min/maxing their rotations, the boss in question has died every time before damage from either the boss or the adds has been an issue. I realize that this isn't very helpful to someone who is struggling with the encounter. All I can offer is that I will talk to the others I have been doing hardmodes with and ask if they have been doing something during that fight that I just haven't been aware off.

Its definitely not when they die. They were blowing up for me with over 80% health. I was in there with some fresh 50's so it may have been a gear issue.

I'll go back in and see how it goes.

Is the boss supposed to be movable though?

Edited by Drusillus

I was in there with some fresh 50's so it may have been a gear issue.

Ah that might be it. In our guild we've all been making epic barrels, hilts, armoring, mods, and such for one another. As well as running Belsavis dailies (epic armoring and mods as rewards once a day and more upgrades available for just 8 daily commendations) pretty much from day one.

They explode on a timer or possibly after having traveled a certain distance or a combination of both, there's not much point trying to dps them down, there's no way you could kill them before they blow up by themselves no matter how geared you are. Just dodge and nuke the boss.