Imperial Trooper Armour on Republic Side

LordRaeth

I'd really like an Imperial Trooper, but since I can't see the class being implemented any time soon, I was hope that the CE Trooper armour could be available on the republic side, so I could roll a standard trooper and wear the armour there.

I do have the Collectors editions, so this is not me asking for it to be made part of the cartel store, just that it is accessible on the republic side collector's edition vendor.

I'd really like an Imperial Trooper, but since I can't see the class being implemented any time soon, I was hope that the CE Trooper armour could be available on the republic side, so I could roll a standard trooper and wear the armour there.

I do have the Collectors editions, so this is not me asking for it to be made part of the cartel store, just that it is accessible on the republic side collector's edition vendor.

NO. They already ****ed up allowing people to use sith stuff on the CM for their jedi... as much as I would like it too it shouldnt happen.

NO. They already ****ed up allowing people to use sith stuff on the CM for their jedi... as much as I would like it too it shouldn't happen.

If they've already done it via the store then this wouldn't be out of the question though right? Besides, I like the idea you can buy the other factions gear, it'll improve rp imo as well as how everyone looks.

He might be a guard for a delegation from the empire, or he's part of a force that's infiltrated coruscant or another planet. Roleplay can be what ever you can imagine and with the ability for Jedi and Smugglers to wear armour from their mirror class anything is possible now and you don't even have to go to a cross faction planet to do it. Edited by LordRaeth

I don't want Imperial scum running around my fleet. How does that improve role play?

Well, roleplaying becomes a little lame when all you have to roleplay with is people on your side, you need an antagonist added to spice things up and this I think will add to that.

I've tried that, my first character was an Imperial sniper which I got to max level, but it didn't really fit, it was fairly squishy, it didn't give me the image of an Imperial Trooper, which is why a republic trooper with the imperial armour from the CE store would be perfect. It would also kind of address the need a lot of other people wanted which was the ability to play a Dark Trooper. Edited by LordRaeth

I bought the Republic Officer CE outfit for one of my characters yesterday. Each one of my Imperial characters has the Imp Trooper CE outfit, but this was the first Republic character with a CE outfit. It is a pretty nice outfit, really it is. But, it is simply not even half as iconic or eyecatching as the Imperial one.

Sooo, what I'd suggest instead:

Add an Imperial colored (black/gray/red) version of the Republic Officer outfit with Imperial markings to the Imperial CE vendor.

Add a Republic colored (white/blue) version of the Imperial Trooper outfit with Republic markings to the Republic CE vendor.

And call that "this half year's regular CE store update".

Now, don't go upset over the Imperial/Republic coloring. Did you ever see the Imperial Trooper outfit worn with the white/blue heavy chestpiece from Black Talon, colors unified to the chest? It makes you look just like a Republic Trooper as an Imperial. Same thing should work for the Republic version then: combine it with some black chestpiece, and your Republic Trooper outfit will look very similar to an Imperial Trooper. Not exact, perhaps, but definitely similar enough.

Since they didn't make certian outfits imp only or repub only in the cartel market.. The conversation is somewhat useless.. People can do what they want and wear what they want.. My guild is full of people dressed up as imperials even though we are a republic guild.. Especially when it comes to PVP, imperial looking gear seems to be favored..

Me personally? I am republic so I will only wear republic looking clothes.. Other folks can do what they want..

I would support them putting faction restrictions on certian things... :cool:

Why is the conversation useless? At the moment you can't get the Imperial Trooper armour from the Collectors Edition stores on the republic side and vice versa.

So while you can get the Cartel gear on either side you can't get the collectors edition stuff on either side yet.

• 1 month later...