Ideal Tank Stats

KeyboardNinja

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From my experience so far 80k seems like a good target for the more spike-oriented bosses like raptus, blaster, underlurker in hm as well.

For nim fights:

denova Kephess, Bestia, tyrans, Cartel Warlords, TFB, Operator IX transition Phase, Brontes, Styraks Dragon and probably a few I forgot atm all have quite some huge spikes, that sometimes coiincide with medium to heavy raiddamage which might also require attention from your healers. I felt quite in danger on several of theese fights even at 80k hp and sometimes even through a defensive cd, so even above 80k seems very reasonable to me, although bosses are killable with less.

This means that the use of b Mods and several(or all) mid-endurance enhancements and random drop ears/implants is the way to go, unless you want to build 2 sets: 1 for spike bosses, 1 for the rest, where you can use token enhancements and token ear/implants.

On Juggs endurance augments might be the way to go with token enhancements. not sure about their desired defense vs shield/absorb balance point.

Edited by meisterjedi

80k is about what I'm comfortable with. 70k is sufficient for most HM content, and doable in the really spiky stuff (read: Raptus), but requires a high degree of skill and coordination with your healers and cotank.

The thing is, what tokens pieces are you sacrifying in order to get more endurance? Implants, relics, earpiece, mods, enh? Which ones should we get first to meet that HP goal?

The thing is, what tokens pieces are you sacrifying in order to get more endurance? Implants, relics, earpiece, mods, enh? Which ones should we get first to meet that HP goal?

Personally I use the B Mods, Implants and Earpiece Comm ones for HP pool. Use the Token 224 Enhancements as well as Relics to get Mitigation.

Edited by FerkWork

Personally I use the B Mods, Implants and Earpiece Comm ones for HP pool. Use the Token 224 Enhancements as well as Relics to get Mitigation.

Thanks mate, that´s the way I´m going right now. About Relics, which ones are your best bet? Im reading over all the forums and each one says a different one. My guildmates are absolutely sure I must get the clickable ones.

Thanks mate, that´s the way I´m going right now. About Relics, which ones are your best bet? Im reading over all the forums and each one says a different one. My guildmates are absolutely sure I must get the clickable ones.

Reactive Warding is always good. As for second relic I personally go with SA cause I hate clicks relics personally. But SC is probable more optimal because the Shield as well but again I like when my CDs are built in instead of having another thing to click in the heat of battle

With 4.0 I am finding it very difficult to figure out the proper math for my Vanguard considering the heavy defensive stats that seem to be attached to the new gear. Very little seems to be available in ways of balancing my budget.

My budget is 4106 and ideally I should be def 426, shield 1957, abs 1717 - however my current is def 1758, shield 1612, absorb 736 which seems more suited to a guardian (which I do not play). So my question is, "Are there changes coming to the stats that will allow us Vanguards to balance our mitigation budget or has the code been changed that makes us need defense more?"

Is there a thread that is covering this somewhere?

With 4.0 I am finding it very difficult to figure out the proper math for my Vanguard considering the heavy defensive stats that seem to be attached to the new gear. Very little seems to be available in ways of balancing my budget.

My budget is 4106 and ideally I should be def 426, shield 1957, abs 1717 - however my current is def 1758, shield 1612, absorb 736 which seems more suited to a guardian (which I do not play). So my question is, "Are there changes coming to the stats that will allow us Vanguards to balance our mitigation budget or has the code been changed that makes us need defense more?"

It's covered in the other thread "Optimal Stats for all 24 disciplines"

Vanguard in 216 Defiant gear should be:

68.54% Reduction | 5331 Endurance (2xC) | 4933 Mastery | 672 Power

2639 Defense | 1569 Shield (6xE, 9xA) | 973 Absorb (4xE, 5xA)

It isn't so much that the code has changed with defensive rolls so that Vanguards/PTs need more defense, but rather that the itemization changes that came with 4.0 obligate higher levels of defense rating, mostly because of the change to the mod slot and the removal of absorption Mods.

Has anyone done any number-crunching for ideal stat distribution for PVP tanking in 4.0? On my def guardian I've gone full fortitude augments, B-mods and endurance-heavy shield/absorb enhancements (Steadfast and Vigilant). I wound up with 83.5k hps, 814 defense, 645 shield and 669 absorption. It works well with the legions of sorcs the Empire is fielding lately, not so well with snipers, etc., but I see a lot more sorcs than snipers (I play unranked). I would hugely appreciate any insight/comments/criticisms from more experienced PVP tanks.

• 1 month later...
Has anyone done any number-crunching for ideal stat distribution for PVP tanking in 4.0? On my def guardian I've gone full fortitude augments, B-mods and endurance-heavy shield/absorb enhancements (Steadfast and Vigilant). I wound up with 83.5k hps, 814 defense, 645 shield and 669 absorption. It works well with the legions of sorcs the Empire is fielding lately, not so well with snipers, etc., but I see a lot more sorcs than snipers (I play unranked). I would hugely appreciate any insight/comments/criticisms from more experienced PVP tanks.

dps relics

high end/low power mods

steadfast/vigilant IIRC, as long as its high end.

DPS RELICS. they have endurance on it. tank relics have mastery, and are ****.

do not spec into the stunbreak 10% healing. rest should be fine.

oh ya fortitude stim.

• 8 months later...
dps relics

high end/low power mods

steadfast/vigilant IIRC, as long as its high end.

DPS RELICS. they have endurance on it. tank relics have mastery, and are ****.

do not spec into the stunbreak 10% healing. rest should be fine.

oh ya fortitude stim.

Discipline 40X Enhancements, Lethal 40B-X Mods, and Tank Implants/Earpiece to maximize HP. And he's right, DPS Relics all the way. They have Endurance, Tank Relics don't. And the DPS Relic procs are way better.

With all this and a Fortitude Stim and ALL Datacrons, I get 88,244HP as a Guardian (expertise crystals).

My current Utilities:

Battlefield Command

Debilitation (contemplating replacing this)

Second Wind (stunbreak/10% healing, told this one is absolutely mandatory)

Guardianship (I use taunts a LOT, this helps your team live longer)

Gather Strength (with 5 stacks Guardian Slash can hit for over 20k on a crit)

True Harmony (really helps in Huttball and when you need to chase kiters/hoof it to objectives)

Through Peace

Edited by Loadsamonie

6 High End/Shield : 4 High End/Absorb. Lethal B-Mods. DPS Relics. Fortitude Augs.

In 208 PvP gear, it brings your guardian to about 35% shield chance and 30% absorb. It's not a lot but getting too much shield (above 40%) would be wasting it against any high crit non-autocrit ability. This also gets me 88k HP. I also get up to 13k crit Guardian Slash.

Utilities :

Warmonger: Easier to counter kite and position

Unstoppable: It's always funny to ressit and knockback root from our Sorc overlords

Overwhelm : One more root to control the enemy and help your team get rid of those pesky Ops

Payback is close to useless and the rage utilities are useless on a spec able to generate pasively 1 rage every 3s especially since Aegis does more damage than Vicious Slash.

War Bringer: More burst!!!

Crushing Fist: More slow!!!

Sonic Wall is both weak and weaker since you don,t have as much power and mastery as any DPS spec. Pooled Hatred is good but considering I have only two abilities worth spending the stacks on (Vicious Throw and Crushing Blow) and so many way to spend rage, I feel I don't use the stack as optimally as Rage Juggs.

Intimidating Presence: More interrupt is always good and longer Reflect is yummy against some specs.

Intercessor: More free DR to give to everyone on an even shorter CD? Yes please!!

6 High End/Shield : 4 High End/Absorb. Lethal B-Mods. DPS Relics. Fortitude Augs.

In 208 PvP gear, it brings your guardian to about 35% shield chance and 30% absorb. It's not a lot but getting too much shield (above 40%) would be wasting it against any high crit non-autocrit ability. This also gets me 88k HP. I also get up to 13k crit Guardian Slash.

Utilities :

Warmonger: Easier to counter kite and position

Unstoppable: It's always funny to ressit and knockback root from our Sorc overlords

Overwhelm : One more root to control the enemy and help your team get rid of those pesky Ops

Payback is close to useless and the rage utilities are useless on a spec able to generate pasively 1 rage every 3s especially since Aegis does more damage than Vicious Slash.

War Bringer: More burst!!!

Crushing Fist: More slow!!!

Sonic Wall is both weak and weaker since you don,t have as much power and mastery as any DPS spec. Pooled Hatred is good but considering I have only two abilities worth spending the stacks on (Vicious Throw and Crushing Blow) and so many way to spend rage, I feel I don't use the stack as optimally as Rage Juggs.

Intimidating Presence: More interrupt is always good and longer Reflect is yummy against some specs.

Intercessor: More free DR to give to everyone on an even shorter CD? Yes please!!

Is Unremitting really that good in PvP? Resisting push/pulls and slows/roots for 4 seconds after a Leap? Does it resist stuns? I guess I'll have to give it a try for myself, because 1M 30S for Resolve is still too long to justify a utility point, IMHO.

How often do Guardians even use Force Kick in PvP? I've never found a practical use for it, even against healers. Those rare times when I can get pressure on them, they just start spamming another skill in place of whatever I just interrupted. And +2 seconds to Saber Reflect has never saved me. This one is an absolute must for PvE, but for PvP I feel there are better choices, like True Harmony.

I suppose I should start learning to interrupt Ravage.

My Guardian has 1,786 Power, so it sees a considerable boost to Guardianship. Apparently it strengthens the bubble from Blade Storm as well. Gather Strength IMO is more useful on a Tank because generally they're the ones who get focused with CC's, roots and slows, trying to keep you off of them and away from assisting your teammates. So GS builds faster on Tanks, in my experience, then on DPS specs. At least when the opposition recognizes that you're a Tank and therefore a priority target for keeping locked down.

Intercessor is one I will probably pick up though, in place of Through Peace. True Harmony is just too damn useful to give up willingly, both for objectives, Huttball, and counter-kiting.

Edited by Loadsamonie

Is Unremitting really that good in PvP? Resisting push/pulls and slows/roots for 4 seconds after a Leap? Does it resist stuns? I guess I'll have to give it a try for myself, because 1M 30S for Resolve is still too long to justify a utility point, IMHO.

It doesn't resist stuns but it's still amusing to do... And IMO, there is nothing else worth the point.

How often do Guardians even use Force Kick in PvP? I've never found a practical use for it, even against healers. Those rare times when I can get pressure on them, they just start spamming another skill in place of whatever I just interrupted. And +2 seconds to Saber Reflect has never saved me. This one is an absolute must for PvE, but for PvP I feel there are better choices, like True Harmony.

I suppose I should start learning to interrupt Ravage.

You can't interrupt Ravage. But if you don't interrupt very often as a tank.. you're doing something wrong.

My Guardian has 1,786 Power, so it sees a considerable boost to Guardianship. Apparently it strengthens the bubble from Blade Storm as well. Gather Strength IMO is more useful on a Tank because generally they're the ones who get focused with CC's, roots and slows, trying to keep you off of them and away from assisting your teammates. So GS builds faster on Tanks, in my experience, then on DPS specs. At least when the opposition recognizes that you're a Tank and therefore a priority target for keeping locked down.

Yes. But we spend the stacks on close to everything while we have one ability every 15s worth spending the stacks over. Compare this to Rage... Raging Burst, Obliterate, Furious Strike and Retaliation. 4 abilities every 9s. Even Vengeance would have it better if they weren't plagued with Shatter consuming them on ticking.

Intercessor is one I will probably pick up though, in place of Through Peace. True Harmony is just too damn useful to give up willingly, both for objectives, Huttball, and counter-kiting.

True Harmony isn't bad. But it's not that good. Why would you be worried about counter kiting.. Your main role is to be close to your team and keep them from taking too much damage. And Intercessor help you much more with that.. About objectives.. if your team isn't totally noob, Interceding will put you in the proper place anyway. Use others speed boost to your advantage :p

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
i m a SWTOR player for along time and i was waiting for a change that will give players the real enjoyment playing as a dark jedi and i can see that the developer have not think of it yet, and i know it is still possible since and 1 of the DLC they change the power of some of the classes. i will like to see that are dark jedi using the dark side for some basic dark power, combine with the power they already have like ( force choke and force lighting and force rage will be like force repulse for the worrier) and for are counselor jedi ( force storm force mind control to make the enemy your slave for 1 of the battle and force slam pick the enemy and slam it to a different enemy) now that will make playing as a dark jedi more fun to play with. i do think it will be a very great and tactic way to have more people playing the game for the future.

i m a SWTOR player for along time and i was waiting for a change that will give players the real enjoyment playing as a dark jedi and i can see that the developer have not think of it yet, and i know it is still possible since and 1 of the DLC they change the power of some of the classes. i will like to see that are dark jedi using the dark side for some basic dark power, combine with the power they already have like ( force choke and force lighting and force rage will be like force repulse for the worrier) and for are counselor jedi ( force storm force mind control to make the enemy your slave for 1 of the battle and force slam pick the enemy and slam it to a different enemy) now that will make playing as a dark jedi more fun to play with. i do think it will be a very great and tactic way to have more people playing the game for the future.

Why did you post this in an old dead thread about tank stats?