What is so hard to understand about the "No cross-server PvP" statements

ZeusThunder

I can certainly understand people who disagree with players that do not wish to have cross-server PvP; but I don't understand all the misconceptions. The same-server people don't like it so they can become "known".

The reason same-server is preferred by many is because they want to play with and against people on their server. They don't want to play against people from other servers. When you play against people on other servers you do not get the following benefits that you do on the same server.

- Chance to talk about match afterwards via tells

- Chance to recruit person to your guild that you liked playing with/against last match

The fear of going cross-server for some is that they will no longer be able to play against anyone from their server and will only play with people on their server if they are pre-grouped. For some, part of WZ PvP is establishing good rivalries and teamwork with others they can group with later on.

I hope this clears up the issue from some people. Please feel free to express your viewpoints, but at the same time try to refrain from making incorrect assumptions about people with opposite viewpoints.

First of all, this has to be said:

GEAR BASED PVP IS STUPID

PVE it makes sense because monsters can just be computer tweaked. In pvp you shouldn't lose quality opponents the better you are. I maintain that pvp should be a ladder system giving maybe titles and cosmetics; glory is a worthy reward in and of itself.

THAT'S THE REASON US PVPERS LIKE SAME SERVER.

I can go into a warzone and say "sweet, Zooma is here, I love having boss healers" etc. Community is a big deal.

But yeah, you don't get "gear" in starcraft or DOTA or LOL or Counter Strike or Super Smash Brothers or Halo for getting better/beating more people. You get recognition and ladder placement. And trust me, people play the hell out of those games.

You don't get "gear" for winning the world series or the NBA championships. You just get a ballin trophy and a bunch of recognition.

This is what competition is about. Bioware, don't kill competition.

Edited by Umpire

But yeah, you don't get "gear" in starcraft or DOTA or LOL or Counter Strike or Super Smash Brothers or Halo for getting better/beating more people. You get recognition and ladder placement. And trust me, people play the hell out of those games.

LoL has runes and masteries, which essenially work the same way as gear and a talent tree. A level 30 Summoner will still have more stats at the start of a game then a level 1 Summoner.

The same way a level 1 Summoner in LoL will grind to level 30. A player in SWTOR grinds up to valor rank 60 and beyond. And both grinds make your character stronger, just for reaching a particular level.

Edited by deltaminus

LoL has runes and masteries, which essenially work the same way as gear and a talent tree. A level 30 Summoner will still have more stats at the start of a game then a level 1 Summoner.

The same way a level 1 Summoner in LoL will grind to level 30. A player in SWTOR grinds up to valor rank 60 and beyond. And both grinds make your character stronger, just for reaching a particular level.

nitpickers anonymous president and chief right here everyone

It's easy to say when you are on a high population server.

I like having a rivalry and all, but you know what I prefer? Actually playing a Warzone. Having to wait until primetime and always fighting the same BattleMaster premade isn't really fun.

How about some nice server merges instead then?

GEAR BASED PVP IS STUPID

PVE it makes sense because monsters can just be computer tweaked. In pvp you shouldn't lose quality opponents the better you are. I maintain that pvp should be a ladder system giving maybe titles and cosmetics; glory is a worthy reward in and of itself.

I can go into a warzone and say "sweet, Zooma is here, I love having boss healers" etc. Community is a big deal.

You don't get "gear" for winning the world series or the NBA championships. You just get a ballin trophy and a bunch of recognition.

^ this ^

Hey NOOBs crying about community go join a PvE server.

Cross Server WZ fill the WZs with your server 1st then any spots left will be filled by other servers!

Your argument of community is VOID.

Stop being short sighted & think of how many other players will benifit from this, you dont seem to care that a good player may be stuck on a low populated server with no one to WZ with! i would love to group with anyone that loves to PvP!

& telling someone to server transfer at their own cost is sad, not everyone is made of money!

So i say to you wheres your community spirit as you seem to not want to PvP with the whole PvP community & just group with your little premade trying to farm solo quers!

Hey NOOBs crying about community go join a PvE server.

Cross Server WZ fill the WZs with your server 1st then any spots left will be filled by other servers!

Your argument of community is VOID.

Stop being short sighted & think of how many other players will benifit from this, you dont seem to care that a good player may be stuck on a low populated server with no one to WZ with! i would love to group with anyone that loves to PvP!

& telling someone to server transfer at their own cost is sad, not everyone is made of money!

So i say to you wheres your community spirit as you seem to not want to PvP with the whole PvP community & just group with your little premade trying to farm solo quers!

shut up with these stupid threads!

Cross server is the best thing for PvP so S T F U

Just thought I'd point out these two "against" arguments. Just look at them...

GEAR BASED PVP IS STUPID

WELCOME TO MMOs!

See how any of the games you listed are a MMO?

Then there is your reason , on a MMO gear matters.

Heck i dont want to farm gear to kill mobs in PvE , should be skill based only.

Hello everyone,

We are closing this thread. While we understand that players can be frustrated with the community at times, please understand that threads like this (even when made with good intentions) tend to result in flame wars and have little room for constructive discussion. In the future, we encourage you to create threads that foster constructive discussion and not ones which criticize the community.

We appreciate your understanding.