Its time to merge some guilds on the republic side

Jakees

WOOK,RESILIENCE,REMANTS OF THE JEDI,OMG PINK.LUNCH BOX and a few more

thier are a lots of good players in these guild who could work together and start a better guild for the republic side

i know alot of these guild have like 200 plus members but only like 2 to 5 people on at a time with many who you never see till a update comes out or never see again,guild leaders who never play and have left a merge would be nice we could make better rank team better pugs and have guild events with more guild leaders and players

SO GET UP AND START TALKING TO EACH OTHER MAKE THIS GAME BETTER

The Gray Order has been open to absorbing Republic guilds who wish to continue progression in TFB HM and EC NiM. Please get in contact with an officer if you are interested in such a merge.

We have also been tossing around the idea of getting back into RWZ. Bronopoly and Killothian are the ones to talk to about this.

Regards,

KK

the gray order has been open to absorbing republic guilds who wish to continue progression in tfb hm and ec nim. Please get in contact with an officer if you are interested in such a merge.

We have also been tossing around the idea of getting back into rwz. Bronopoly and killothian are the ones to talk to about this.

Regards,

kk

this is to make a whole new guild of all of them unless everyone is fine with joining one guild

but something needs to be done

im not a guild leader

i just want too see if this is possible to happen guild leaders should start talking to each other

this is to make a whole new guild of all of them unless everyone is fine with joining one guild

but something needs to be done

im not a guild leader

i just want too see if this is possible to happen guild leaders should start talking to each other

Well in theory your idea is great, but in practice not so much. Leadership structure, personalities, loot, schedules, etc all come into play as variables that doom your idea to failure.

Regards,

KK

thier are a lots of good players in these guild who could work together and start a better guild for the republic side

i know alot of these guild have like 200 plus members but only like 2 to 5 people on at a time with many who you never see till a update comes out or never see again,guild leaders who never play and have left a merge would be nice we could make better rank team better pugs and have guild events with more guild leaders and players

Quality over quanity tbh

.... MAKE THIS GAME BETTER

umm first off: That's BioWare's job.

Secondly: Unless or until 'they' implement more Guild-related *content* (sandboxy or otherwise...aka Guild Capital Ships, attackable Guild Cities/Bases, etc. ) , there is really no significant motivation for even the most miniscule of guilds to merge into a larger more "active" super-guild (re: Group-Finder) .

Having said that, my guild (The Elder Alliance Militia) has only 108 members (half are alts) and averages only 5 to 10 Online at once, regardless of day/time.

Therefore, we would be more than happy to absorb any guilds or players...depending on how 'absorb-worthy' you are.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=542697

regards, Nee:sy_title:

I've only seen 5-8 elite dps on reps not counting me. Not saying I'm the best player but I do know how to play my class and its specs. But merging on rep side isn't going to help much. The players who know there good based on stats at the end of matches need to come together that want to make a complete team. Do you think id and physics had great players from the start? Probably not, there guild leader/ recruiter found and recruited these great players and molded them into a team. They formed with a few than grabed players as they played that where good in wzs..

They are fortunate too have found good players to replace people who have quit the game. I know the rep side has lost a great deal of great players. Too many too list. If you want to merge guilds you might aswell join little babys icecream lol pretty sure repside has one now. If you want to build a ranked team that can challenge the elites top pvp players need to speak with me about joining up and making a team. Quality over quantity just like JD said.

Edited by Xwinluke

Last night, a Thursday, WOOK had 40 players online. Two raid groups and two or three pvp groups in addition to players leveling and socializing. Your assumptions about how other guilds are organized and running are a little off base, at least in our case. Nothing leads me to believe we are looking to change the way we operate. Thanks for the concern though... I guess.

Having said that, my guild (The Elder Alliance Militia) has only 108 members (half are alts) and averages only 5 to 10 Online at once, regardless of day/time.

This is the main issue that Jakees should be concerned with. If you are in a guild that has 5 active players on at any given time your guild should not be doing the absorbing, but rather should be absorbed by a larger, more active guild. The guild I was in had a single 8 man team, we merged with WOOK before F2P, and have been having much more opportunities for fun since. All it really took was for us to realize that our tight-knit, launch guild would benefit from the resources of a larger player-base. We left some alts in our original guild, but are all really happy to have moved. My suggestion is to find a larger guild that is up for a merger and move single characters at first to test the waters.

All that aside, to join WOOK you need a member to sponsor you currently. As far as I know we are not actively seeking mergers. If you'd like to contact any of us directly try http://www.wookieeroar.com/. Want to know if there is room in one of our PVP premades or need a player to fill an empty spot in your group? Send one of us a tell, most of us are pretty helpful and easy to get along with. Good luck and have fun!

I appreciate the thought and what you are trying to do. There's been a few people around the Republic Fleet trying to do this lately. I spoke with Adi-wan from Remnants about this very issue and we both agreed that our respective guilds do not wish to merge with anyone. I don't have the luxury of playing during peak hours anymore due to work, so I'm not sure how my own guild has been doing to be honest. I do know our guild leader has much respect among us and he's been consumed by school lately. I also know when he comes back to play we rally back and make a strong competitive PvP team. During the times he's gone we're more like a bunch of lone wolves waiting to be called up for action lol. The whole top guild merger thing has been tried before, and frankly it just hasn't worked out.

If you are in a guild that has 5 active players on at any given time your guild should not be doing the absorbing, but rather should be absorbed by a larger, more active guild. ------ We left some alts in our original guild, but are all really happy to have moved. My suggestion is to find a larger guild that is up for a merger and move single characters at first to test the waters.

!

I hear you, but me & my Guild have been here since early-Beta, so we won't be merging into anyone else's guild...ever.

Why? Besides the fact that i enjoy being the sole Guildmaster (unlimited powaaaaaaaa!!!!!) , frankly whether or not there are 5 people Online in guild-chat or 50 doesn't affect my (nor my guildees) play-time in the least bit. And therein lies one of the inherent 'problems' with SWTOR...imo.

No one is online in guild? eh so what, just join a Group-Finder.

Not enough online in guild for ranked PvP? eh it's cool, just queue for reg WZ's (since they're the exact same zones and hey it's only "pre-season" anyway) .

Nobody online in guild to help w/ a HEROIC2? eh whatever, level 1 to 50 can be solo'd.

Need to finish a HEROIC4? eh no problem, my Legacy'd Companion & I can do it.

etc. etc. etc. ------- Oh and i disagree with your notion that (and i'm paraphrasing) "the smaller guilds shouldn't be absorbing anyone" -> lol Of course we should. See that's how 'we' become *larger* (and more active) ...which promotes more overall competition (or fodder) for all you "hardcore" type guilds.

Although keep in mind: the CAP on guilds is 500 members, so there's a limit to any merging either way.

So yeah: Quality over 'quantity' indeed. And over time, it becomes 'a Quantity of qualitys.'

Edited by Nee-Elder

no, for several reasons

i) you assume guild size based on players actively pvping, which is silly, lunchbox for example really doesn't have a huge amount of pvpers that are very active in 50 pvp, but we have three 8man hm tfb/nim ec raid groups going, which leads to the next problems

ii) almost all the mentioned guilds will have a set way to run and manage their guild, what you are asking would be the same as going

"hey canada usa and mexico, you're all in the general area, merge your governments and split the power, position and national funding together"

it is a bad idea.

iii) the last problem i will mention is the fact that many guilds have invested a lot of time and money into guild websites, vents/t.s/mumble etc etc, which do we use? who pays for it? who gets control of it? all of there things are serious issues that would prevent a big server merge.

in the long run if it would work, i would absolutely love the idea, but there are just too many issues, and as somebody said before, not enough incentives for guilds other then really small ones to merge.:(

I do think a lot of it is quality over quantity.

I know for us we try to make sure we aren't inviting everyone we see but rather like to find good players and talk to them about joining. The goal of a great guild should never be about just pure numbers but rather about how people get along, work together and interact with each other.

We run 8-man ops a couple of nights a week, are getting the 16-man ops going right now and also do ranked warzone nights (actually had 2 8-man ranked teams running last week the same night) during the week. At any given point during prime time hours we have between 5 and 20 players on which suits us just fine. Our makeup tends to average out around the player in his/her early-30s with a full time job (and one Irishman that likes to jump back on after bar hopping) that play a lot at night and on weekends so obviously there are low points and high points in how many are on during the day. We schedule things accordingly with most planned activity between 6pm-11pm server time..

I think we are all happy with our level of activity and would rather keep it this way than sacrifice the togetherness we have for greater numbers.

I think the OP's point wasn't necessarily (even though he explicitly wrote it) for us to merge. For those that responded about PVE content you're capable of running without a merger, you're not getting the point.

The OP wants the best players from each guild to get together & create a guild that will foster a competitive team in ranked PvP.

Although the idea in its most basic format sounds interesting, it can be accomplished without a guild merger. Frankly, we're (ROTJ) driven to be competitive ourselves, yes, but we value our own approach to running a guild our way, developing talent, and enjoying our community more than being a mega power in ranked WZ's.

I spoke to Obiwalker the other day when he brought this mega guild idea up (which is now the - I'm not kidding - 10th time since launch that I've heard about it) and our answer is always the same; this can be accomplished without a merge.

If 2 ROTJ + 2 Resilience + 2 Gray Order + 2 Epic Failz are all on the same voice server, commit to a night to ranked pvp, and execute it, then it can accomplish the same thing that the OP is asking for; a competitive team for ranked PVP against some of the power house Impies (ID / Physics / Woops / Etc).

To the recent post re: a pvp chat channel, yes -- this works great. We had one setup with IT a LONG time ago (after our leaders realized that a guild merger wasn't in either party's best interest), and we settled on a close alliance.

We had ROTJ players filling IT group spots, they came over to ROTj when IT "died", etc. Nevertheless, I think the chat channel is the best first step, the second is identifying who is interested (and more importantly, "qualified" as a top tier PVP'er to fill a spot on this "Republic Team"), and then coordinate voice servers & play schedules to get it done.

I'm happy to do ranked with the best. I'm sure they'd welcome my (or any of ROTJ's top talent) in a group. At the end of the day, we're not joining your guild, though. So stop asking for a merge, an absorbtion, or attempting to scalp our players. We'll do the same.

:)

I agree with Master Adi, however I would like it more if we (on the pub side) could get to the point where we had 2 to 3 strong PvP pub guilds. Of course I want to give the imps a run, even if it's with a combo of multi-guild great players, but... I also don't like the idea of the imps saying: "HA! It takes many pub guilds just to compete with one imp guild!".

Bottom line, we need all the current strong pub guilds to do whatever it takes to KILL THEM IMPS! If I never hear another freaking kill-giggle from an ID, Physics, Woops or DJ player I would be quite happy! :-P

I think the OP's point wasn't necessarily (even though he explicitly wrote it) for us to merge. For those that responded about PVE content you're capable of running without a merger, you're not getting the point.

The OP wants the best players from each guild to get together & create a guild that will foster a competitive team in ranked PvP.

Although the idea in its most basic format sounds interesting, it can be accomplished without a guild merger. Frankly, we're (ROTJ) driven to be competitive ourselves, yes, but we value our own approach to running a guild our way, developing talent, and enjoying our community more than being a mega power in ranked WZ's.

I spoke to Obiwalker the other day when he brought this mega guild idea up (which is now the - I'm not kidding - 10th time since launch that I've heard about it) and our answer is always the same; this can be accomplished without a merge.

If 2 ROTJ + 2 Resilience + 2 Gray Order + 2 Epic Failz are all on the same voice server, commit to a night to ranked pvp, and execute it, then it can accomplish the same thing that the OP is asking for; a competitive team for ranked PVP against some of the power house Impies (ID / Physics / Woops / Etc).

To the recent post re: a pvp chat channel, yes -- this works great. We had one setup with IT a LONG time ago (after our leaders realized that a guild merger wasn't in either party's best interest), and we settled on a close alliance.

We had ROTJ players filling IT group spots, they came over to ROTj when IT "died", etc. Nevertheless, I think the chat channel is the best first step, the second is identifying who is interested (and more importantly, "qualified" as a top tier PVP'er to fill a spot on this "Republic Team"), and then coordinate voice servers & play schedules to get it done.

I'm happy to do ranked with the best. I'm sure they'd welcome my (or any of ROTJ's top talent) in a group. At the end of the day, we're not joining your guild, though. So stop asking for a merge, an absorbtion, or attempting to scalp our players. We'll do the same.

:)

thats alot better of an idea i was trying to go for something like that

didnt need all the hate thou

sounds like you all should of rolled imps with the way you treat your fellow player

Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering. I sense much fear in you all