Searing Saber not adding 30% crit damage

Zhorx

yeah. testing this now.

level 50, vs level 25 distressed rills on tatooine

My with no talents cauterize, and no form SAYS 460-539 and 658 over 6s.

460-539+ 165x6 or 990.

(noncrit)

293 ticks on crit. (correct 78% multiplier)

so first of all, the burn is doing WAY more damage then its supposed to.

5 stacks juyo

812/6 list

182x6 actual =1092/6

with 30% damage talent, 5 stack juyo

1034/6 list

230x6 1380 actaul

410 crits (untalented 78% multiplier)

Overload sabre

692/6s

3 ticks-230

410 crit

x2 820

x3 1231 crit

Edited by MBirkhofer

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah. testing this now.

level 50, vs level 25 distressed rills on tatooine

My with no talents cauterize, and no form SAYS 460-539 and 658 over 6s.

460-539+ 165x6 or 990.

(noncrit)

293 ticks on crit. (correct 78% multiplier)

so first of all, the burn is doing WAY more damage then its supposed to.

5 stacks juyo

812/6 list

182x6 actual =1092/6

I might be wrong on this, but the marauder tooltip displays the correct damage for the equivalent ability Rupture.

So if both cauterize and rupture is doing the same damage, rupture tooltip displays that damage, but cauterize tooltip displays 33% lower damage, then odds are the issue is with the cauterize tooltip and the ability is working as intended.

Lesson from this: If two things contradict each other and the information is insufficient to judge which should be correct, don't jump to conclusions. Instead try to gather more information.

Jedi making a single thread about missing out on 30% crit damage = dev response on second page.

Troopers making half a dozen or more threads about having problems with Steady Aim not effecting Full Auto and Full Auto having 100% pushback chance = No dev response to this day.

I see how it is.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=192843&highlight=full+auto

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=202127&highlight=full+auto

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=201890&highlight=full+auto

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=172147&highlight=full+auto

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=48516&highlight=full+auto+steady+aim

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=184521&highlight=full+auto+steady+aim

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=194240&highlight=full+auto+steady+aim

The bigger question is, Why are you here?!

Trooper, yes has some issues. All in all, Sentinel's have it a lot worse than you bud.

I have a Trooper Commando alt and all I have to say is, what a low skill cap that class has. Want to challenge yourself, play a Sentinel and you might think about deleting that post.

I can confirm this as well. I took off Juyo form but kept the talent. Took off everything except my weapons. Had a 63.52% multiplier from base + surge.

Using just Overload Saber, tooltip said it would do 424 over 6 secs. On 3 stacks, it was ticking for 438 and critting for 717.

Taking my crit multiplier:

438 x 1.6352 = 716.2176

With the talent (63.52 + 30 = 93.52%), it should at the least be doing:

438 x 1.9352 = 847.6176

The bigger question is, Why are you here?!

I'm trying to get the dev's attention, isn't that obvious?

You guys are thick. Why you care whether or not I am personally trying to get the devs attention I will never understand.

Edited by DeltaGun

I was curious about this so I refunded my skill points and skilled up to before picking up Bleedout (whatever the sent name is). It isn't adding +30% to crit bleed/burn damage. It is just adding a flat +30% to bleed/burn damage.

All of the following numbers are for the DoT of Rupture. DD has been ignored.

Without Bleedout:

Rupture: 389 (64 per tick on a 0% internal defense person)

Rupture (with full Juyo stacks): 427 (71 per tick on a 0% internal defense person)

Rupture Crit at 53% crit modifier: 109 per crit tick

This is where it gets weird

With Bleedout:

Rupture: 505 (84 per tick)

Rupture (with full Juyo stacks): 616(?!) (102 per tick)

Rupture Crit at 53% crit modifier: 156 per crit tick

Notice that the increase of 389 to 427 is indeed 10%. Also notice that 389 to 505 is a 30% increase in damage. So, the first and only real question is: Why did my rupture increase by nearly 22% (which is a 220% increase over the original 10% damage increase of Juyo stacks) after full Juyo Stacks and what about Bleedout is causing this to happen?

After some testing with both Cauterize and Overload Saber i seem to only get the crit bonus from Surge Rating, Searing Saber doesn't add 30% crit damage.

Is this some known bug? Or the tooltip being outdated on the talent? Googling it came up blank.

I have been following this thread since it started, and I wanted to thank Zhorx for bringing it to our communities attention. The fact the Devs are looking into it gives it some validity.

I was curious about this so I refunded my skill points and skilled up to before picking up Bleedout (whatever the sent name is). It isn't adding +30% to crit bleed/burn damage. It is just adding a flat +30% to bleed/burn damage.

This is exactly what is going on. In an upcoming patch, this will correctly add to crit damage of bleed/burn effects instead of base damage. To compensate, Plamsa Blades / Hemorrhage will contribute more base damage to bleed/burn effects. This will result in a slight overall increase in damage output.

As always, thank you for your feedback!

-Cameron

This is exactly what is going on. In an upcoming patch, this will correctly add to crit damage of bleed/burn effects instead of base damage. To compensate, Plamsa Blades / Hemorrhage will contribute more base damage to bleed/burn effects. This will result in a slight overall increase in damage output.

-Cameron

interesting.....

Edited by Vegathegreat

I'm trying to get the dev's attention, isn't that obvious?

You guys are thick. Why you care whether or not I am personally trying to get the devs attention I will never understand.

Because you are selfishly derailing a thread about an issue that has nothing to do with you?

-Cameron

While your at it look at the Jedi Shadow Particle Acceleration talent, it has nearly the same issue of it not increasing crit damage, nor does it affect the second rock from Upheaval in any way.

Edited by Wakantanka

Because you are selfishly derailing a thread about an issue that has nothing to do with you?

How is making one post derailing a thread? You guys are derailing your own thread by arguing with me and trying to make this thread all about me. I'm flattered, though.

While your at it look at the Jedi Shadow Particle Acceleration talent, it has nearly the same issue of it not increasing crit damage, nor does it affect the second rock from Upheaval in any way.

Didn't you hear? You are only allowed to talk about sentinels in this thread. Prepare to be flamed. Or do Jedi protect their own? We shall see.