It really does make no sence...

Unchainedboar

So wait, you contacted the BBB about,in your words not mine, a "scam"that BW is running when you perpetrate this same "scam"yourself? This logic makes my head hurt.

Perhaps scam was the wrong word to use, but if you wish to look at it that way so be it. But yes, sales in general are all about how you can 'scam' in a not so negative sense, people out of there money. If you can do it before they even get anything, its even that much more of a 'scam'. Sorry, been in sales a long time, if you don't think sales agents lie, or tell half truths to get you to part with your money.... sigh.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry but it does make you a bad person. The only reason they treat you like that is they know you'll go to the BBB and make a complaint about them if they don't. Most of us don't mind a little wait or if we do we'll go somewhere else instead of acting like entitled jerks.

EDIT: That also might have been the policy at the restaurant you managed at but it's not the policy of every restaurant.

Sticking up for yourself makes you a bad person, interesting. I suggest you never work in customer service. You suck at it.

Perhaps scam was the wrong word to use, but if you wish to look at it that way so be it. But yes, sales in general are all about how you can 'scam' in a not so negative sense, people out of there money. If you can do it before they even get anything, its even that much more of a 'scam'. Sorry, been in sales a long time, if you don't think sales agents lie, or tell half truths to get you to part with your money.... sigh.

You want a shovel to dig that hole deeper? Now you admit that you know what Bioware is doing and it's a "Scam" in a not so negative sense. They say Up to 5 days so people will think they'll get 5 days. It's the same reason that gas prices are to the 9/10th of a cent and most products are $x.99. It makes you think you're getting more or it's cheaper. It's sales, it's not false advertising, it's not a scam.

Sticking up for yourself makes you a bad person, interesting. I suggest you never work in customer service. You suck at it.

I don't see how complaining about a wait time, that they more than likely have no control over, is sticking up for yourself. If you want to stick up for yourself then walk out of the restaurant and don't give them your money. You just want to act like a jerk and get a discount. I know plenty of people like you.

I'm not disputing that people and businesses do their best to get the most amount of money out of you, it's a fact of life. My point is YOU contacted the BBB about BW and they way they are handling EGA and their wording of it, when YOU,according to your post, do the exact same thing at your business. So, do you report your company to the BBB or does your company somehow not meet the same standards of a "scam" that apparently BW/EA do?

They still aren't parting with your money. You're gonna get in. You paid the same as everyone else who's going to be playing on launch. You weren't ever promised an email saying when you'd get in before you'd get in. You knew that when purchasing it. I still don't see your point in being an irate customer. I'll bet you throw a fit over everything you purchase.

It's being gated so that we don't have 300.000 people trying to kill the same 20 mobs in the early levels. Think about it and it makes sense. The way that they are doing it really is the only fair way to gate the early access. Can you imagine the ************/moaning if it were just opened up to this many people at once?

They can't win, whichever way they go. Someone will always be upset. We'll all be playing within 7 days... I can't wait, but I will :)

This should be posted on the home page, well put my friend

You want a shovel to dig that hole deeper? Now you admit that you know what Bioware is doing and it's a "Scam" in a not so negative sense. They say Up to 5 days so people will think they'll get 5 days. It's the same reason that gas prices are to the 9/10th of a cent and most products are $x.99. It makes you think you're getting more or it's cheaper. It's sales, it's not false advertising, it's not a scam.

Any other types of comparison's you would like to make? A great sales teacher of mine once said, sales are about scamming people out of their money as legally as possible. Marketing is about scamming you. Marketing as a whole is one big scam profession. If it wasn't, why do you think we need agencies like the BBB. That's right, so every now and then someone can yank the chain, and remind businesses they don't have a free pass. Many legit companies daily are charged and made to change wording in ads. Don't act like the holy companies don't come up with ever confusing promo's and contracts to avoid these scam police. Your living in a box if you don't think every company's marketing department has skirted the line of honest and scam for the sake of making money.

I don't see how complaining about a wait time, that they more than likely have no control over, is sticking up for yourself. If you want to stick up for yourself then walk out of the restaurant and don't give them your money. You just want to act like a jerk and get a discount. I know plenty of people like you.

Actually, discounts are usually given so you want just get up and walk out. Doesn't make me the jerk, it makes them honest for realizing I've been waiting for my food much longer then they deem acceptable. But I guess you still leave a tip, even after asking for water 3 times, eh? Many times I've actually had discount applied to my bill, with out having to say a word. They know dam well that service was unacceptable. Again, the smart owners of restaurants get that. And trust me, not a single staff or manager looks at customers that ask for a discount for failed service as jerks. Your actually the jerk for even thinking that. So go ahead, sit there for 3 hours waiting for your food, get up and walk out, or eat for free. They waste my time, your darn right I'll waste their money. Or is it my fault my food took 4x longer to get? Do you often blame the victim for being punched in the face?

Thanks for bringing up the restaurants. If you're made to wait, regardless of the reasoning behind it. Having been a manager of a restaurant, your offered a 25% discount instantly, and if that's not accepted you buy the table. You know, because successful restaurants are founded on customer satisfaction. Just because your to scared to stand up for yourself in a restaurant when the service your paying for is not being met. Doesn't make me a bad person, it makes a person that doesn't get walked all over in life.

WOW! I bet your the sort of person to hunt out slippery floors just to claim compensation.

Anyway grats on being the 1st offical Troll on the forums /ignore

Any other types of comparison's you would like to make? A great sales teacher of mine once said, sales are about scamming people out of their money as legally as possible. Marketing is about scamming you. Marketing as a whole is one big scam profession. If it wasn't, why do you think we need agencies like the BBB. That's right, so every now and then someone can yank the chain, and remind businesses they don't have a free pass. Many legit companies daily are charged and made to change wording in ads. Don't act like the holy companies don't come up with ever confusing promo's and contracts to avoid these scam police. Your living in a box if you don't think every company's marketing department has skirted the line of honest and scam for the sake of making money.

It's all fine and dandy that you can provide bits of wisdom passed on and examples to further your stance on the issue but you keep skirting the fact that you do the exact same thing in your business but then claim outrage when it is done to you.

I'm wondering what sets you and your company apart from all the other companies out there that you say do this or something like this. What makes you special in the regard that you do this but if another company does the exact same thing it invokes your ire and you call the BBB?

I'm also wondering if you have ever read the definition of hypocritical.

Edited by Temeluchus

What's your point? What does this have to do with Bioware's supposed False advertising? You still have yet to explain exactly what that is.

WOW! I bet your the sort of person to hunt out slippery floors just to claim compensation.

Anyway grats on being the 1st offical Troll on the forums /ignore

Very sad comment. Sorry you think that way. I simply ask that you remember that statement in the future, and decline any and all compensation moves, as they would make you that 'sort' of person.

Just so we're all on the same page here. Everyone knows the BBB has no power to do anything and is at best a high school clique and at worst a protection racket?

Honestly complaining to the BBB will net you about as much gain as complaining here. Well here you at least get the bonus of everyone else making fun of you.

Best of luck to you!

Ahh, the true sign that someone has painted themselves into a corner in an argument and can't find a way out.

I can see why you are avoiding answering the questions put forth to you by us, it only further weakens your indignation over EGA. If you had not included the post about how much money you make by doing the exact same thing EA/BW are doing or if your company reported itself to the BBB(which would be akin to shooting yourself in the foot) or you made an attempt to refund your customer's preorder fee or tried to get customers their copies of games they have left sitting in your store(you may make a halfhearted attempt, but you are a business and it in your best interest to keep that money); then you might have some credibility.

Perhaps you can see why myself and others are having a hard time understanding why this has so outraged you when you are guilty of the exact same thing in your professional life.

Actually, discounts are usually given so you want just get up and walk out. Doesn't make me the jerk, it makes them honest for realizing I've been waiting for my food much longer then they deem acceptable. But I guess you still leave a tip, even after asking for water 3 times, eh? Many times I've actually had discount applied to my bill, with out having to say a word. They know dam well that service was unacceptable. Again, the smart owners of restaurants get that. And trust me, not a single staff or manager looks at customers that ask for a discount for failed service as jerks. Your actually the jerk for even thinking that. So go ahead, sit there for 3 hours waiting for your food, get up and walk out, or eat for free. They waste my time, your darn right I'll waste their money. Or is it my fault my food took 4x longer to get? Do you often blame the victim for being punched in the face?

I'm just curious if you complain that you can't get your table because the "restaurant" is full and all the tables or occupied. Or do you still blame the restaurant for being popular that they are full.

Are people really comparing serving resturaunt food to preparing an mmo for launch access?

Because that's really, really stupid.

If Making an mmo launch smooth were as easy as serving a hamburger in a resturaunt, we probably wouldn't have even needed things like beta or stress testing to test the game because it WOULD BE PERFECT FROM THE GET-GO.

Just. Be. Patient.

Are people really comparing serving resturaunt food to preparing an mmo for launch access?

Because that's really, really stupid.

If Making an mmo launch smooth were as easy as serving a hamburger in a resturaunt, we probably wouldn't have even needed things like beta or stress testing to test the game because it WOULD BE PERFECT FROM THE GET-GO.

Just. Be. Patient.

My point end-all being that said guy is a ***** and needs to get a grip of the fact that his previously-described-as UNDETERMINED early gameplay is still undetermined and will remain as such until he has access.

My point end-all being that said guy is a ***** and needs to get a grip of the fact that his previously-described-as UNDETERMINED early gameplay is still undetermined and will remain as such until he has access.

I'm a much more vulgar person than I realized. Stupid forum censorship pointing out my mean characteristics.