Stuck, please help

Jaster-

Hello all,

I am very new to this kind of game. I have three characters is Jedi Covenant and can't seem to get past level 15. All I have left are heroic quests and I can't do them by myself. I don't know how guilds or anything like that works. I don't have a great deal of time to devote, I play about once a week or so. Can anyone offer any advice? Thanks

Well, it's likely you should have more than just heroic quests - look around for quest givers or open up your quest log to see how to continue your class story. If you do want to do the heroic quests, just post in general chat that you are looking for a group for that quest. I've never belonged to a guild and I've never had trouble finding a group to do heroic quests with by just posting in general chat.

No, no. I purchased the game and pay for a monthly subscription. The problem I have is that I keep dying when i try to do the heroic quests. i finished up every quest I could on Dromuund Kaas and then adventured to Nar Shadaa. Got blasted and had to start all the way back at the spaceport. So now I'm trying different strategies to finish y heroic quests and level up before continuing the game.

No, no. I purchased the game and pay for a monthly subscription. The problem I have is that I keep dying when i try to do the heroic quests. i finished up every quest I could on Dromuund Kaas and then adventured to Nar Shadaa. Got blasted and had to start all the way back at the spaceport. So now I'm trying different strategies to finish y heroic quests and level up before continuing the game.

Well there's your problem. At level 15, you need to finish up your Dromund Kaas quests and then head to Balmorra, as Balmorra is a lvl 16-20 planet. After Balmorra comes Nar Shadaa, levels 20-24.

Well there's your problem. At level 15, you need to finish up your Dromund Kaas quests and then head to Balmorra, as Balmorra is a lvl 16-20 planet. After Balmorra comes Nar Shadaa, levels 20-24.

To add to this, there are times when you will be given two class quests on two planets and you need to look at the level of each quest to see which one you are supposed to do first.

also don't be afraid to ask for help on the general chat. "hi, I'm new to the game and I am looking for people to help me with Heroic 4: Old Friends please"

Also you can try the space missions. If you like them, they're a good source of experience and credits!

And as the person above me mentionned, open your mission log (default hotkey "L")and look at your list of missions. Nar shadaa would be red, while Balmora should be green. The color indicates the relative difficulty (compared to your current level):

- grey missions should be trivial and only yield little to no experiene (5 points)

- green missions should be easy, unless noted [heroic] or [area].

- yellow missions are pretty difficult

- orange missions will be difficult for your level, your attacks will likely miss higher level enemies.

- red missions are extremely difficult for your level, most of your attacks will miss.

Also, make sure you are upgrading your gear. If you fall behind upgrading some parts of your gear, you'll start noticing everything gets harder, too. Might need to go grab something a little better to help ya get to that next level. (and don't forget your companion's gear, too).

If you feel overwhelmed by the amount of information, you may also look into joining a guild. I discovered one today that specifically help new players.

It's located on "The Shadowlands" server, guild name is "Republic University" and GM is Ahnog. You can check them out (I don't know them, but just their motto and purpose seems nice enough to mention).

To add to this, there are times when you will be given two class quests on two planets and you need to look at the level of each quest to see which one you are supposed to do first.

I made that mistake too with my first character. I went to Nar Shaddaa and got my butt handed to me (especially by a particular Bonus Mission boss in Exchange territory). Only then did I see that Balmorra came first.

They should separate those better, I think.

I made that mistake too with my first character. I went to Nar Shaddaa and got my butt handed to me (especially by a particular Bonus Mission boss in Exchange territory). Only then did I see that Balmorra came first.

They should separate those better, I think.

well, if you hit "L", the quest names in your quest list are colorized to let you know which quest is closer to your level range.

Thanks for all your help, I really appreciate it. I was about to cancel my account, but not now. I will get on today and try out some of the things mentioned here. Again, thank you all so much!

Seems a bit of an extreme solution. You wondered into a zone that was out of your level range.

Since you're on JC, add Hang'over. My newest imp alt is just about finished with Drumond Kass.

Wish I had seen this thread earlier, I could have helped, I was off today.

I'll be working through saturday, but I should be on sunday. Send me an in game email or pm me on here.